• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Transfers rumours

Faletau to Bath is apparently close to a done deal for next season (after the failed Vermuelan and Armitage bids).
Anyone know if Leroy Houston is out of contract this year? I believe Fearns is off- and what with Burgess possibly staying in midfield they may want reinforcements...

Last edited:
I think Leroy Houston renewed this season, but it's always good to have two players in every position, especially when one is a current international (especially in a World Cup year) and taking into account how injury prone the entire Bath pack is.

I think Leroy Houston renewed this season, but it's always good to have two players in every position, especially when one is a current international (especially in a World Cup year) and taking into account how injury prone the entire Bath pack is.
Yeah, I expect the early season nightmares with a Day/Sisi/Houston backrow, is still fresh in their minds!
Top teams like Sarries/Saints are so consistently good because of the depth of squad in every position, and the ability to rest and rotate players (eg. Burger, Brown, Vunipola, Itoje, Hankin, De Jajer, Fraser, Wray....crazy)

If Faletau and Roberts are both done deals then that's a big big blow for domestic rugby in Wales...
Was hopeful that Roberts would come back to Cardiff on a dual contract, could really do with him.

Faletau is still contracted so will need to be a big cash offer to the Dragons to snatch him up. But they've got the money and with the marquee signings coming in too, they can spend what they want really.

Worrying as a Welsh fan, could prove hard to keep players not already signed on dual contracts in Wales.

If Faletau signs for Bath I can see the rumour Carl Fearns to Newcastle Falcons or Sale been true. :)

If Faletau and Roberts are both done deals then that's a big big blow for domestic rugby in Wales...
Was hopeful that Roberts would come back to Cardiff on a dual contract, could really do with him.

Faletau is still contracted so will need to be a big cash offer to the Dragons to snatch him up. But they've got the money and with the marquee signings coming in too, they can spend what they want really.

Worrying as a Welsh fan, could prove hard to keep players not already signed on dual contracts in Wales.

I read that Jamie Roberts decision is also based on getting experience in certain areas of medicine and most of these opportunities are in London. Probably won't be purely rugby decision with him.

As for Talupe, he knows that there is no Welsh 8 really pushing his spot at the moment, and he may want to experience something other than the pro 12 and the second tier of Europe.

The central contracts may provide the money, but they aren't providing the domestic level of rugby that can be sought elsewhere, more often than not with the same cash value.

Where did the Faletau thing come from.... smells like bull**** to me.

Fissler seems pretty adamant it's ******** too...

I'm surprised someone wants to sign Roberts. He somehow seems to always be injured for his club but every present for Wales! A least the medical degree is not going to waste. ;)

I heard Roberts is following Adam Jones to Quins, along with Tim Visser to replace Monye.

I'm surprised someone wants to sign Roberts. He somehow seems to always be injured for his club but every present for Wales! A least the medical degree is not going to waste. ;)

He was terrible for that at Cardiff. He played something like 3 games in two years.

He's had a better run at Racing I presume?

I'd love him back at Cardiff for the big games like Sam does. He'd be a big name to keep the youngsters interested as well, and keeping that interest is important whilst the team are playing poorly.

Harlequins are also interested in signing either Mamuke Gorgodze (Toulon) or Nick Williams (Ulster) as a replacement for Trayfoot

Harlequins are also interested in signing either Mamuke Gorgodze (Toulon) or Nick Williams (Ulster) as a replacement for Trayfoot
I genuinely don't think Nick Williams would last in London. He's barely containable in Belfast or when he was in Cork

hmm if we could get a decent replacement might be time to let him move on

I've no fear of Ulster getting an even better and more productive player. I've worked with Nick and well heard more stories and he's not a model pro off the field. A gent of a man and an honest guy but he struggles with his diet and lifestyle at times.

Don't think a replacement would be too difficult either.. even as an impact sub he doesn't make as many of those monstrous runs anymore. Acnewcastle just said Gorgodze to quins there.. surely that's a bit early for him to move already? If it wasn't I'd like to see us throw some cash at him.. or McIlroy to get his wallet out for a favour..

Francois Hougaard -> Exeter Chiefs

Along with Salvi and Parling joining them, they are assembling some team for next season...

Latest posts