• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Transfers rumours

Salvi ---> Exeter pretty much a done deal.

ATM exeter are going to have a really really good pack with Parling and Salvi in.

A back row of 6) Ewers, 7) Salvi 8) Waldrom looks very tasty.

At this rate, Tigers aren't going to have anyone to put out in the backrow. Jamie Gibson to Saints, Salvi to Exeter, Croft probably injured and rumoured to be going anyway. Matera might yet join the new Argentina franchise. Leaves you with Crane, Pearce and Barbieri?

Second row stocks dropping too with Deacon retiring, Parling off and Thorn who can't be too far away from retiring. Makes it more difficult to switch Slater to 6.

Barbieri rumoured off as well done deal apparently. Matera already gone.

We have signed Auckland blues flanker (6/7) O'Connor.
Warriors lock/6 Mike Williams
Chiefs (NZ one) Lock/6 Mike Fitzgerald.
Also have Fonua @ 8.

Suspect we will signed one more flanker esp if croft goes.

Locks are pretty much done:
Slater, Kitchener, Williams, Fitzgerald, De Cheves, Peterson or Whetton.

Apparently Sale are after Paul Grayson to replace Bryan Redpath - as an attack coach, rather than head coach, though.

Apparently Sale are after Paul Grayson to replace Bryan Redpath - as an attack coach, rather than head coach, though.

Not a bad choice and a thoroughly nice and decent guy!! You could do a lot worse and to my mind was greatly undervalued as a player!!

@munstermuffin any word on the Saili deal? It seems to have gone awfully quiet on him recently.
I read elsewhere than Guinazu was likely to head toward the Argentinian SR franchise.

Last edited by a moderator:
@munstermuffin any word on the Saili deal? It seems to have gone awfully quiet on him recently.
I read elsewhere than Guinazu was likely to head toward the Argentinian SR franchise.

Guinazu is going at end of season it looks like and we are in talks with another NIQ hooker.
Saili deal still in talks but is very much an active deal. Howard still on radar too as well as 2 NIQ guys.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not a bad choice and a thoroughly nice and decent guy!! You could do a lot worse and to my mind was greatly undervalued as a player!!
Be interesting to see whether it happens.
From what I remember he left Saints due to personal, rather than performance, reasons. He set up a sports psychology business, and did a bit of "freelance" coaching on the side (went to Worcester for a few weeks as a kicking coach consultant).
Maybe he's in a place where he wants to get back into coaching full time now. I hope so, or I hope we get a decent attack coach in. I like Brush, he was a great player, for the club, and a good coach - but he didn't really get the most out of our attack.
With players like Cusiter, Cipriani, Addison, Haley - we have a huge amount of potential, just need someone to help them realise that potential as a unit.

Roberts to Quins a done deal.

Also Quins looking at gordzilla at Toulon as well.
Well, this will be a test for Gatland. Will he leave Roberts out of the Wales squad because he took a new club out of Wales?

If it does get confirmed and he plays to his ability then he basically the perfect player for their needs.
He plays (enforcer/brute) lock and/or 10?

I do agree that they probably need a centre, and Roberts, on form, is world class - but it's not what's causing them issues. They still need a replacement for Ollie Kohn in the 2nd row (i.e. a big f****r that'll be a rock in the scrum and 'enforcer' everywhere else) and a 10 to be a viable backup/rotational/replacement for Evans.

Nope but he does give them a massive carrying force in their backline. Combined with Horwill coming they would improve leaps and bounds with both of them.

He plays (enforcer/brute) lock and/or 10?

I do agree that they probably need a centre, and Roberts, on form, is world class - but it's not what's causing them issues. They still need a replacement for Ollie Kohn in the 2nd row (i.e. a big f****r that'll be a rock in the scrum and 'enforcer' everywhere else) and a 10 to be a viable backup/rotational/replacement for Evans.

Well could solve both problems by putting Roberts in the 2nd row!!

Have you forgotten how much difference a journeyman like Molenaar made to their effectiveness?

If Roberts plays well he could be massive for them.

Quins have been crying out for a physical centre and lock for a couple of years - both are equally important.

Salvi ---> Exeter pretty much a done deal.

ATM exeter are going to have a really really good pack with Parling and Salvi in.

A back row of 6) Ewers, 7) Salvi 8) Waldrom looks very tasty.
How have Leicester managed to lose Salvi?!
Agreed about the Exeter pack, Baxter really is a shrewd operator and is really making the most of his resources. An exciting backline is shaping up too- which is bolstered by Campenaro, Woodburn etc. next year (pretty annoyed they didn't get Robson tbh). Nevertheless, I'd expect them to really be cementing a top 4 or top 6 place in the coming years.

9. Chudley
10. Slade
11. Jess
12. Hill
13. Campanaro
14. Woodburn
15. Nowell
could be the lineup?

Last edited:

Latest posts