• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Transfers rumours

Rene Ranger has been granted early release and will join Blues later this year. Could make the RWC squad if he plays like he did before leaving.

He wasn't for the Blues though. Before he left I genuinely thought he was the best outside back in the world form wise. He had everything, great running threat, monster defence and was incredible over the ball. If he gets back to that form he will get the All Blacks squad possibly the 23 shirt.

Julian Salvi said:
My agent and I have been informed by various fans who attended the 'Fans Forum' on Wednesday 4 March that it was confirmed at the 'Fans Forum' by Richard Cockerill that a 'best and final' offer from Leicester Tigers is presently on the table to me. One fan quoted Richard Cockerill as saying ''we hope he will sign it and stay but as things stand he's leaving''.

It seems both my agent and I were mistakenly under the impression that the offer of employment from Leicester Tigers had been withdrawn.

I hereby accept the offer of employment that is on the table and I look forward to furthering my career at the Leicester Tigers. #tigersfamily @leicestertigers

Interdasting.

Journeyman SR from what I've seen of him - so decent enough.
Hard to tell with those sorts of players though, they seem to go quite variably up here.

His apparent size is quite surprising to me - I wouldn't be expecting a power player by any means... not even in the same way Thompstone or Benjamin are.

Salvi doesn't have to take cockerills ****e. He's one of the best 7's in European rugby and should be given the utmost respect.

****.... read your first comment quickly as "signing a 12 tomorrow".

Michael Rhodes according to the Sarries forum.

Last edited:
Ha, nah we aren't that smart probably. We need a guy who can cover 10 and 12 really well, like Frans Steyn.

Ha, nah we aren't that smart probably. We need a guy who can cover 10 and 12 really well, like Frans Steyn.

458698040-michael-rhodes-of-western-province-in-action-gettyimages.jpg

The photo matches the silhouette perfectly... and y'know... it was taken at Allianz.

Pretty sure it's him.

Yep just went on the Saracens forum and this was up there. Well I guess he is an alright signing, 6 ft 6 and 115kg so he is a big unit. Kind of like the one we made in Itoje.......

Latest posts