• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Transfers rumours

I see a Reds return as most likely for Cooper, for all his supposed personality flaws hes always come across as a very proud Red/Aussie.

Matt Symons

Matt Symons = London Irish --> Wasps

Both fan boards talking heavily about this one and there was mention in the Times (apologies can't find the article, although believe its in the same one about Willie Le Roux)

Any news on Worcester signing, heard that theres a few names bouncing around but not heard the names. Anyone got any ideas?

Johann van Graan --> Bath coaching role. any Saffers care to shine some light on him?
Wondered when he might move on, he was the only remaining member of the Heyneke Meyer era but Allister Coetzee hired Matthew Proudfoot who is also a forwards coach. Van Graan was at the Bulls previously, but I don't rate him.

The Twins

Wow, the Sharks fans would be ****** if Toulon managed to sign them and I would've if I were them. The Sharks will hurt though, especially since they've lost Alberts last year and Jacques Potgieter just now after carrying with injury the entire season. That's a lot of grunt lost.

1443577767096.jpg

Lol Bristol supporters going nuts on the rumour list:
Sounds like there team next season will have
Moore
Franks
Hooper
Matawalu (Prob true)
Preistland (Will prob be true)
Armitage
SBW
Hogg
Wade
Ben Smith
Jane

Also currently at Oyannax, who were relegated this season, so a move makes sense.

Oh, another is Nick Wood. Still out of contract at Glos, and Glos are still recruiting "one or two players" which seems to point to a relatively big name loosehead signing. Wood's only played for Glos his whole career, so he may want to stay relatively local?

Last edited:
I would imagine that their owner is going to try and absolutely hammer the marque player slots though.... could imagine them paying silly money for some "big names".

According to this link on the French website Rugbyrama, Steffon Armitage has signed for Pau in the Top14!

http://www.rugbyrama.fr/rugby/top-1...-armitage-aurait-signe_sto5614725/story.shtml

He must believe therefore, that his England chances have all but disappeared.

I don't agree with that, I think he doesn't care about playing for England. If he did he would be back here years ago. It's strange how these stories about him coming back always end up with him taking an offer from France.

If he wanted to play for England he would be in AP. He never should have picked up his first cap, mercenary.

Latest posts