• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Transfers rumours

O'Choke and Donald. There's an inspiring choice of 10s. Maybe they can get Ellis to come out of retirement to compliment TOL and complete the set.

Can 100% say Donald isn't coming here. Ian Keatley is signed already to cover 10. So we aren't in for Donald

Bakkie Botha to Toulon next season, going to be announced in proper sometime this week.

John Golding and Joe Ward --> Sale

15 Sale players could be on their way out at the end of the season too (including Hodgson and Tait who have been confirmed)

Bakkie Botha to Toulon next season, going to be announced in proper sometime this week.

Meanwhile French newspaper Midi Olympique have reported that Bakkies Botha has signed a three year deal to join Toulon after the rugby world cup.

Botha was believed to be in talks with the Lions but it is now rumoured that Botha has signed for a sum in the region of 700 000 Euros per season for three seasons.

A source close to Botha has however denied the report.

Toulon's millionaire owner Mourad Boudjellal is expected to publicly confirm the move in the next 24 hours.
http://www.rugbyweek.com/news/article.asp?id=28962

There have been talks for some while now that both Matfield and Bakkies might join Toulon after the 2011 RWC.There were also rumors last week that the Lions in SA are looking for Botha's services.Will be interesting to see what Bakkies decides.

Brock James is being linked with Bath. He'd be an excellent signing. While prone to the odd nightmare game, he's generally a brilliant kicker, is very physical, attacks his opposite number regularly and passes very well.

RE: Sale. Any word on who is being shown the door? As far as I remember, Brewer cleared out a lot of players last season too.

19 players are out of Contract,
So far one has confirmed to be staying (Sheridan) and 2 definitely leaving (Hodgson and Tait)
Steve Diamond said he wants to start again - basically.
Chuck the players who aren't performing and keep the ones that are. To be fair, the only players who should stick around in that case are Carl Fearns, Ben Cohen, Paul Williams and a couple of the academy lads (Tom Brady, Lee Imiolek and Henry Thomas)

Karena Wihongi will be off (to Lyon apparently) - He ended up at us by accident anyhow, he was supposed to go to one of Toulon/Toulouse but they turned him down at the last minute because he failed a medical check (congenital heart defect or something)
Paul Williams could walk onto most teams around, imo, so he'll move on (either back to the SH or to France)
Cohen I think they should retain - seems to be the only player that gives a f**k about these days
Of the others out of contract Chris Bell could be worth a shout - solid, but not amazing
Rhys Crane looks good, as a back up to Brady/Cueto/Cohen
Will Cliff - as backup/competition for Peel
Carl Fearns - because he's great

Fearns will move on though, I feel
He also seemed to take a dislike to Brewer, and seems to have made his mind up then - I think he'll have his mind on an England spot as well, and moving to a stronger club will strengthen those chances

Basically we're screwed, and will be lucky to last next season unless we bring in some real talent (and Tony Buckley does not fit that bill :lol: )

Amazing turn around at Sale, considering where they were a few seasons ago after winning the league and now seeming like relegation contenders.

Amazing turn around at Sale, considering where they were a few seasons ago after winning the league and now seeming like relegation contenders.

I know, totally stealing our act

Latest posts