• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Transfers rumours

Lawes, Mafi, Thompson and Ewers will do, but im dreaming.

As for the fly half option I like Hardwick whos coming through and deserves game time ahead of Joe Ford in my opinion.
Do you really need Thompson or Ewers? I'd have thought that with Kalamafoni, Mapapapa, Ryan, Hamilton and Williams you're set at 6/8. It's locks and 7s you need.

Lawes, Mafi, Thompson and Ewers will do, but im dreaming.

As for the fly half option I like Hardwick whos coming through and deserves game time ahead of Joe Ford in my opinion.
Do you really need Thompson or Ewers? I'd have thought that with Kalamafoni, Mapapapa, Ryan, Hamilton and Williams you're set at 6/8. It's locks and 7s you need.

I still see Ewers capable at 8 and Thomspon is all but done apparently. We have O'Connor and Evans at 7 with Ryan also able to play there.

Rugby not so inside line saying Will Spencer and Thompson done deals.
I expect Tigers to make 4/5 signings potentially before the next prem games.

not too fussed as an AB's fan as there is cover but Sopoaga will be missed at the Highlanders :(

He needs fast delivery to really shine, can have the odd brain fart if on the back foot

loves fast rolling play, getting the ball four times in 30 sec kind of thing

Last edited:
not too fussed as an AB's fan as there is cover but Sopoaga will be missed at the Highlanders :(

He needs fast delivery to really shine, can have the odd brain fart if on the back foot

loves fast rolling play, getting the ball four times in 30 sec kind of thing

He's also a first class kicker and he will be missed from the AB squad for the depth he offers off the bench.
God help us if Beaudie gets injured.
The call of the big money is a big lure for blokes like Lima. A short career where he is unlikely to dislodge the incumbent first five AB or an opportunity to take the big money on offer in England and a chance to set himself and his family up for life back in NZ when he hangs up his boots.

Ben Tapuai and Nick Auterac to Quins.
Confirmed? Strengthened? Or just repeating the old rumours?

ETA, ok, suggested as finalised (even if not confirmed by players or clubs) in the press, co posts with link:
http://www.bathchronicle.co.uk/sport/rugby/rugby-news/ben-tapuai-nick-auterac-leave-1060211

Auterac has been an open secret for a few months, and basically confirmed when LNP arrived. Makes sense for all parties, he's a Londoner and wants to be in London, at Bath he's been good and shown glimpses, but has been overtaken by Obano this season, pushing him to 3rd choice... before Paz arrived. Good luck to him.

Tapuai goes for money, and is completely understandable. He had Bath over a barrel when we signed him mid-season with zero centres, and neither Tap.s nor Bath owes the other any loyalty. Foreign mercenaries are here for the money, and will either stay or leave depending entirely on the money. Quin's are losing Roberts, and probably have more £££ available to offer; if they're increasing his salary, then they're over-paying him IMO. Again, no hard feelings, and good luck, he's a good player,but we'll need more than just Willison to replace him (Jonny Williams, Jonny Williams, Jonny Williams - assuming we can't tempt anyone away from Exeter).

Last edited:
Confirmed? Strengthened? Or just repeating the old rumours?

ETA, ok, suggested as finalised (even if not confirmed by players or clubs) in the press, co posts with link:
http://www.bathchronicle.co.uk/sport/rugby/rugby-news/ben-tapuai-nick-auterac-leave-1060211

Auterac has been an open secret for a few months, and basically confirmed when LNP arrived. Makes sense for all parties, he's a Londoner and wants to be in London, at Bath he's been good and shown glimpses, but has been overtaken by Obano this season, pushing him to 3rd choice... before Paz arrived. Good luck to him.

Tapuai goes for money, and is completely understandable. He had Bath over a barrel when we signed him mid-season with zero centres, and neither Tap.s nor Bath owes the other any loyalty. Foreign mercenaries are here for the money, and will either stay or leave depending entirely on the money. Quin's are losing Roberts, and probably have more £££ available to offer; if they're increasing his salary, then they're over-paying him IMO. Again, no hard feelings, and good luck, he's a good player,but we'll need more than just Willison to replace him (Jonny Williams, Jonny Williams, Jonny Williams - assuming we can't tempt anyone away from Exeter).

As a quins fan, I'm not too sure about either of those deals if I'm honest. Lewis Boyce looks fantastic as a replacement loosehead and Holenstein is also up there, so essentially he would be coming in and battling for 3rd choice again. We only signed Saili in the summer and have Merchant to come back from injury soon. I would hate to see Marchant's career stumble because of two big money imports in the centres. It just doesnt make sense to me....

Kinda agree on Auterac, don't want either him or Boyce being 3rd choice anywhere.

Any rumours for today?.

TRP Rumours:

Rohan Janse van Rensburg - Lions > Sale/Gloucester
David Strettle - Clermont > Saracens
James Haskell - Wasps > Bristol/Northampton (?!?!)
Charlie Matthews - Harlequins > Wasps (?!?!)
Jono Lance - Western Force > Worcester
Will Davis - Ealing Trailfinders > Northampton
Lewis Thiede - Ealing Trailfinders > Bristol
Quade Cooper - Queensland Reds > Ulsteri

Latest posts