• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Transfers rumours

Leone Nakarawa - Ulster. Source: Some dude on boards, maybe

JJ Hanrahan - Somewhere in France

Um actually, it's some guy on the Ulster fan forum, who is generally considered accurate. But he hasn't explicitly named Nakarawa and is a bit of a dick apparently so has given clues instead of a name. Many of the clues do point to Nakarawa though.

Um actually, it's some guy on the Ulster fan forum, who is generally considered accurate. But he hasn't explicitly named Nakarawa and is a bit of a dick apparently so has given clues instead of a name. Many of the clues do point to Nakarawa though.
The same needlessly cryptic guy is doing it on Boards Ulster thread too.

Can say JJ is on way out. Haven't heard of the club but South of France was rumoured and not necessarily Top14 club.
Simply put contracts are slim and well Healy, Joey and Crowley will be 3 recognised 10s.
Rory Scannell is linked with Biarritz too.

Can say JJ is on way out. Haven't heard of the club but South of France was rumoured and not necessarily Top14 club.
Simply put contracts are slim and well Healy, Joey and Crowley will be 3 recognised 10s.
Rory Scannell is linked with Biarritz too.
If true, I think they've made the right decision prioritizing those 3 players. I think Hanrahan could be a very good 10 for a French side and his style would suit the Top 14. As for Scannell I am a huge fan and think he's highly underrated in Irish rugby circles, but he's not on the level of a De Allende and probably is too good to spend his career as depth for us. I have said it before, but I'd like to see Crowley play some time at 12. Wonder what will come of Flannery. He's log jammed at 10 and 15.

Leone Nakarawa - Ulster. Source: Some dude on boards, maybe

JJ Hanrahan - Somewhere in France
Right so this one is now all but confirmed and will be properly announced in six mins

Very nice signing if he buys in.

Edit: Confirmed 1 year deal. Good bit of business from Ulster to be fair.

If true, I think they've made the right decision prioritizing those 3 players. I think Hanrahan could be a very good 10 for a French side and his style would suit the Top 14. As for Scannell I am a huge fan and think he's highly underrated in Irish rugby circles, but he's not on the level of a De Allende and probably is too good to spend his career as depth for us. I have said it before, but I'd like to see Crowley play some time at 12. Wonder what will come of Flannery. He's log jammed at 10 and 15.
Well that is it. Not a reflection on Rory more there is a lot more coming through there.

Reports seems to suggest Nakarawa didn't go great a Glasgow. Anyone able to elaborate?
This he has had issues since end of Racing days. For money they had in current climate seems there were other options. Hooe he goes well. And age may not matter but age and injuries mixed do

CJ Stander being linked with Bordeaux or even the bulls by the 42

Also reporting Racing are interested in Dillane as well as a few other French clubs. They think it will be rebuffed but interesting to hear since Connacht have so many frontliners out of contract.

That only agent talk. CJ is 1 of closest guys to signing a new 3 year IRFU deal. And also has just started up a new company here.

He is probably 1 of the most vital players to IRFU

That only agent talk. CJ is 1 of closest guys to signing a new 3 year IRFU deal. And also has just started up a new company here.

He is probably 1 of the most vital players to IRFU
Deserved top but I'd be annoyed if it was a three year one rather than until the end of the 23 RWC. Typical lack of foresight.

Deserved top but I'd be annoyed if it was a three year one rather than until the end of the 23 RWC. Typical lack of foresight.
Well may be a 2 + 1 option but I think when you look at it there has to be balance. Look at amount out of deals this year at IRFU level for foresight.

Latest posts