• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Transfers rumours

Doubt we'd be in for Thomas, seems like more of a Bristol signing

Would also be surprised if we didn't re-sign Yarde tbh,
He seems very happy here(/his Mrs is from round here and they just had a baby), he gets on well with the coaches/staff and always starts when fit
Yeah, after a few turbulent years it definitely feels like Yarde has found somewhere he's happy and enjoying rugby.

Looks like we are looking at a couple of short term signings. Currently missing Willis, Robson, West, Odogwu, Jaiani, Zhurvania (International Duty) and Mills, Alo, Launchbury, Barbeary, Young, McIntyre, Spink, Watson, Bassett, De Jongh (injuries)

Augustus looked mustard for the U20s a couple of years back. Can't say I've seen any of him at senior level though.

Rugby Paper saying Smith is going to stay at Quins,

Not all that surprising considering their considerate uptick in form (though I don't think he was going to leave in the first place tbh)

Zebo himself kicking off the return to Munster rumors. Weird to be on the other end of a player transparently trying to leverage fake interest from a team into an offer from his current team. Doubt he will be back to Ireland ever. I really like the guy, he was a genuine homegrown star for Munster, and he's playing well, but we're not cutting other players loose for a 30+ fringe international standard player for probably two young players. At least I really hope not. Only scenario I buy him returning is if Racing are moving on from him.

Last edited:
Looks like Sale have signed Tommy Taylor (tweet about an announcement tomorrow with a Taylor swift gif)

Presuming that means Akker is for the chop (unless Ashman is being tempted by a move north of the wall?)

Looks like Sale have signed Tommy Taylor (tweet about an announcement tomorrow with a Taylor swift gif)

Presuming that means Akker is for the chop (unless Ashman is being tempted by a move north of the wall?)
Shame really as TT is a cracking player and seems like a good guy but with Oghre & Barbeary coming through and Cruse probably No.1, TT would be on the chopping block. Assume that Lee & Steven Vaughan will weigh up the financials of any future deal and its come down hard on TT.

Interesting on the Akker talk, all speculation but RIL suggested that he may want to join bro at Wuss but when posted Sale official page shut that down. Akker is a fantastic player but his darts are suspect.

You still think Barbeary will play hooker? I'd be very surprised tbh

Yeah, Akker is like a 2nd openside away from the setpiece but his darts are really bad, and he's injured more often than not - he's one of the players I'd be looking to cut loose if I was Sanderson

It will be interesting to see what Alfie does. His darts seem fairly good but he plays so well in the backrow. I almost see him as a hybrid of Malcolm Marx (carrying wise) and Dan Coles (hands). With relegation gone for the season, would be interesting to see him start at hooker (obviously won't if he is back in time for this season as we have no backrow!). Oghre is getting better and better but darts are a little inconsistent, he almost plays like a backrower too and was excellent against Quins.

Akker is a brilliant player but i agree, if someone needs to go it is most likely him. Sale squad reminds me of the Wasps a fair few years ago, brilliant at times with some huge stars but maybe took a blank cheque book on some players and Sanderson is now going to re-evaluate and redistribute finances to correct areas.

It would surprise me if you saw him sell a few of the Saffas and maybe a few of the more injury prone and bring in some up and comers.

Zebo himself kicking off the return to Munster rumors. Weird to be on the other end of a player transparently trying to leverage fake interest from a team into an offer from his current team. Doubt he will be back to Ireland ever. I really like the guy, he was a genuine homegrown star for Munster, and he's playing well, but we're not cutting other players loose for a 30+ fringe international standard player for probably two young players. At least I really hope not. Only scenario I buy him returning is if Racing are moving on from him.
The last I heard (last October) from himself was Racing are cutting him. But he was looking at South Of France as it will suit him personally as the in-laws are Spanish.
Now things may have changed.

The last I heard (last October) from himself was Racing are cutting him. But he was looking at South Of France as it will suit him personally as the in-laws are Spanish.
If Zebo returns to Ireland, would he make it into the Ireland squad? surely that's realistically the only reason he would return to Ireland now is International ambition.

If Zebo returns to Ireland, would he make it into the Ireland squad? surely that's realistically the only reason he would return to Ireland now is International ambition.
It's a good question. I don't think he walks into a squad but even his biggest critics have to say he's a really classy finisher and would be a nice option to have. If he gets into slightly better shape I could definitely see him knocking at the door.

Interesting, and do you know are Munster having conversations with him?

It's a good question. I don't think he walks into a squad but even his biggest critics have to say he's a really classy finisher and would be a nice option to have. If he gets into slightly better shape I could definitely see him knocking at the door.
He looks like he has bulked up, which seems to be a pre-requisite for being part of a french squad but seems to have found passion for rugby again. For me at 30, Zebo would walk into most teams and for me tops Earls/Conway as your experienced top player (i admit i am purely going off what i have seen of them all).

If Wasps let Sops go, i'd snap Metro's hand off at the chance to sign him

Lowe, Stockdale, Larmour and Keenan would all keep him out of the 23 for Ireland anyway. At 30, fat and slowing down I'd hope Baloucoune and Jimmy O'Brien would be stepping up too to stop him getting into the squad.

He'd have to have a hell of a pre season and mould himself into a safe 15 to get in the squad in my opinion.

Latest posts