• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Transfers rumours

Definitely some substance by Radwan to Tigers i think. Ironically thats the one position we can afford to lose a star player...we have a conveyor belt of youg wingers ready to come through next season.

My concern is the coaching now. Dean has been there 10 years and we've seen no improvements . The rugby is attrocious...

I think its time for a cull and bring in a young forward thinking coaching team...who can use all the talent we have coming through...
Yh its a tough one... when do you decide something isn't working and cut it.

We all love some coaches, i mean i adored Dai Young.... but it became stale, same thing happened at Saints with Mallinder...

Looks to be Care resigning - the chap that does Quins Live was suggesting Marler isn't out of contract anyway

Last edited:
Definitely some substance by Radwan to Tigers i think. Ironically thats the one position we can afford to lose a star player...we have a conveyor belt of youg wingers ready to come through next season.

My concern is the coaching now. Dean has been there 10 years and we've seen no improvements . The rugby is attrocious...

I think its time for a cull and bring in a young forward thinking coaching team...who can use all the talent we have coming through...
Jonathan Thomas? Ambitious and seemed to be doing some good things at Worcester?

I'll be so f**ked off if Radwan goes to Tigers, our best academy player in ages and once again we lose them because we're just the little runt team of the league with no cash.

Jonathan Thomas? Ambitious and seemed to be doing some good things at Worcester?
BPM, we need someone who understands that we cant afford superstars etc...HOWEVER we have genuine talent coming through the academy that can be built.

We need someone who will use the strengths of the academy and play a style of rugby that suits the players.

Its ideal for a hungry young coach to really put in place an attacking style of rugby with some very talented kids coming through...and a few grizzled old guys in there aswell.

I'll be so f**ked off if Radwan goes to Tigers, our best academy player in ages and once again we lose them because we're just the little runt team of the league with no cash.
i would be very dissapointed...but its actually one of the spots we can afford to lose someone of his ability....

We have a host of talented wingers...
Iwan Stephans (so long as the Welsh dont come looking) is looking sheer quality.
Morgan Passman should be ready to go now..a different player to Radwan..more Ben Cohen.
Matty Ward should be ready also...
Mattias Carrerra is a class act already an Argentinian international....
Chidera Obonna - Powerful young winger / 13.
Ben Stevenson - Already settled in but would prefer him at 13.

So we have plenty of quality cover.

My issues are with the coaching and tactics...getting the ball to the wingers in a good positions is the problem!

BPM, we need someone who understands that we cant afford superstars etc...HOWEVER we have genuine talent coming through the academy that can be built.

We need someone who will use the strengths of the academy and play a style of rugby that suits the players.

Its ideal for a hungry young coach to really put in place an attacking style of rugby with some very talented kids coming through...and a few grizzled old guys in there aswell.
I got the impression that's what he was trying to do at Worcester. I just never really got how signing Sutherland and DvDM fitting in to that …

I got the impression that's what he was trying to do at Worcester. I just never really got how signing Sutherland and DvDM fitting in to that …
Yeah it was what he was trying, brought in some experience to bolster what was a poor/inexperienced squad with a longer view to use academy too. A 3 year plan.

Yeah it was what he was trying, brought in some experience to bolster what was a poor/inexperienced squad with a longer view to use academy too. A 3 year plan.
Dean had a 5 year plan when he joined and has still failed in 10 years to achieve it.

We did make the top 4.

But it was hid the fact we were still awful and won too many games in literally the last minute.

Dean is just so set in his ways. Ive praised him a huge amount over the years when he was getting alot of criticism at KP...but the clear fact is we have not moved on...and the performances are awful. We have an expensive pitch, and players who are flying machines...yet play a one paced predictable style of rugby.

At times over the years the team genuinely looks like they have never trained together. Its not good enough.

And i dont care about our "Budget issues" we have an academy that produces talent...AND Dean has still been able to sign some cracking players. Goneva, Sinoti, Fuser, Mulipola, Flood returning, Mike Brown (when not needed) , etc etc...

The problem for me lies clearly with the weekly coaching / training and the tactics on the pitch.

I know he's a bit of a fan favourite for his plays in the loose but JTA is terrible value for money considering his scrummaging prowess (or lack thereof)
He 100% got better but with Fekitoa and Fifita off and Sops last year, i could see him rolling out. Scholtz has been underwhelming but depends on whether signed on a 1+1 deal. Alo may be used elsewhere but wouldn't surprise if he signed a new deal. He's a lot fitter and a good scrummager than when he joined us.

He 100% got better but with Fekitoa and Fifita off and Sops last year, i could see him rolling out. Scholtz has been underwhelming but depends on whether signed on a 1+1 deal. Alo may be used elsewhere but wouldn't surprise if he signed a new deal. He's a lot fitter and a good scrummager than when he joined us.

I guess would that mean he would want more game time though? Koch and Ryan doesn't really spell we trust you, especially at a age of 27.

Latest posts