• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Transfers rumours

I guess would that mean he would want more game time though? Koch and Ryan doesn't really spell we trust you, especially at a age of 27.
True... but i reckon this is for JTA and Scholtz etc. Alo may go but think he's trusted. Maybe it's just a case of Wasps deciding to redistibute investment/area of focus.

That one's been floating around for a while … not sure if there's any substance to it.

Josh Murphy ---> Connacht

Josh Murphy set for move west to join Connacht next season (via @IrishTimes) https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/ru...e-west-to-join-connacht-next-season-1.4787391

Don't think he'd get a lot of time at 6 with Prendergast but he's better than Dowling so could see starts in the row.

If all these rumours happen our second row depth is going to be threadbare and they're going to have to really lean on McCarthy and Deeney.

Surprised it's a 2yr deal, but imagine it's something like Wigglesworth's where first is mostly a player and 2nd more of a coach
Hope he gets picked for the Barbarians at the end of it so we can see a 41yr old out there

Surprised it's a 2yr deal, but imagine it's something like Wigglesworth's where first is mostly a player and 2nd more of a coach
Hope he gets picked for the Barbarians at the end of it so we can see a 41yr old out there
Has it been announced somehwere? I haven't seen it on any offical sites yet.

Not official yet but:

I thought we were in the rumours thread tbf :p
Fair enough.. I think it was expected tbf just more a case of waiting for it to be announced. I reckon it will be made official tomorrow morning then or a hastily posted piece from Wasps Twitter.

Josh Murphy ---> Connacht

Josh Murphy set for move west to join Connacht next season (via @IrishTimes) https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/ru...e-west-to-join-connacht-next-season-1.4787391

Don't think he'd get a lot of time at 6 with Prendergast but he's better than Dowling so could see starts in the row.

If all these rumours happen our second row depth is going to be threadbare and they're going to have to really lean on McCarthy and Deeney.
The first of a few out of Leinster if rumours are to be be believed.
All provinces have to make cuts but heard guys like Jimmy O'B is possibly going too as Leinster try and manage cuts with age profiles (obviously more aimed at fringe lads)

Is Wiggleworth and Gopperth the oldest half back pairing in prem history? If they get a game together

Think they would be

Stringer came to us at 36 and none of our 10s were particularly old,
Was 39 when he went to wuss but can't think of anyone they had at the time who would combine for an 80yr total

Wigglesworth 39 this June, Gopperth 40 this June
So about Christmas time they'll meet the magic 80 mark

Max Clark was chatting at the game last night - confirms (but unofficially) that he's off to Dragons, chasing starts, and wanting to challenge for international honours - which seemed much more optimistic before I remembered that Nick Tompkins is an established international there.

Last edited:
Tompkins is back at Saracens now, he only went there on loan
Did they rescind his 16 caps?
Or prevent him being selected before sigining a new contract at Sarries?

If so, someone ought to alert the WRU

Attachments

• NT.jpg
    NT.jpg
    365.8 KB · Views: 11
....eh?

I thought you were saying Max Clark moving to Dragons is a bad move because Tompkins is there?

Latest posts