• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Transfers rumours

Pour one out

Nah he might slip and tell the ref about it

That would make sense given Hegarty and Nadolo's departure.

Have seen Tom Parton --> Saracens rumoured

Would make sense, good replacement for Malins and Irish have Arundell at 15

Be interesting to see where Hill ends up a) for the rest of the season and b) beyond that

Surprised that Bath have kept FLW instead of Hill - unless he turned them down

Unless he fancies 'doing a Mercer'? TBH, he's unlikely to break into the England squad ahead of the RWC, so he might as well make some extra dough in the meantime.

In fairness to Eddie, I think other players are rightly ahead of him. If we want to continue with a big blindside flanker post-RWC, he might end up in the role Lawes has been occupying.

I reckon Hill turned them down. Was a good option temporarily, but he has the ability to play with better teams and I always felt he stayed with Worcester out of loyalty. France is not a bad shout, though more for experience than dough. Yes money helps, but better to earn at end of career rather than earlier.

Unless he fancies 'doing a Mercer'? TBH, he's unlikely to break into the England squad ahead of the RWC, so he might as well make some extra dough in the meantime.

In fairness to Eddie, I think other players are rightly ahead of him. If we want to continue with a big blindside flanker post-RWC, he might end up in the role Lawes has been occupying.
France is a great call. He's slipped right down the Eng pecking order so a different experience and some short term cash feels like a win win for him if he's open to it. After being bitten by Worcs his attitude to banking the money while it's there may have, understandably, changed.

Would love to see Tigers move Martin more to lock now and bring in Hill
I know that Martin is the bigger of the 2 but honestly if I was playing both of those I think I'd go with Hill at lock and Martin at 6. Hill just seems sturdier and stronger while Martin is a bit more gangly and mobile.

That said I definitely don't see Hill as a lock, just more of a lock than Martin.

They're both looseheads. Sutherland is short term just for this season. Kitshoff is not joining until next season.

I know that Martin is the bigger of the 2 but honestly if I was playing both of those I think I'd go with Hill at lock and Martin at 6. Hill just seems sturdier and stronger while Martin is a bit more gangly and mobile.

That said I definitely don't see Hill as a lock, just more of a lock than Martin.

Martin is 2 years younger that's massive amount of bulk

Sale teasing an announcement this week - hoping it's the DuPreez twins renewing,
Rodd, Quirke and Roebuck all rumoured to be signing new deals so could be that (which I'd also be very happy about)

Latest posts