• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Transfers rumours

Stormers sign Ben Loader. Didn't see that one coming.

Edit: and apparently it's because I haven't been paying attention, looks like this was in the pipeline since June. Most likely was holding off until we voted to not Self implode and take the new equity deal

and another, Courtnall Skosan from Northampton Saints to the Stormers. Probably another good call, where we have been weaker has been on wing. Hopefully he is still playing as well as he was before he went overseas.

and another, Courtnall Skosan from Northampton Saints to the Stormers. Probably another good call, where we have been weaker has been on wing. Hopefully he is still playing as well as he was before he went overseas.
He's not been that great for us.

I've seen him play some good games but also some of the absolute worst howlers I've ever seen from a winger - was it last years prem semi final where he single handedly messed up 4 tries?
He did that against Leicester, if memory serves.
He's played really badly a lot of the time.

What's the craic with Anthony Watson atm?
Is he just being paid by the RFU to sit at home until the end of the RWC then he goes to a new club after?
I'm guessing he's already got a contract somewhere that starts the day after the final, or something, or you'd imagine he'd be signing for/rehabbing at a new club rather than at home? Like how Nowell said French clubs were offering foreign players contracts that either started at pre-season or started at the end of the RWC

Don't know if it's old news but I just saw Vakatawa is going to Bristol.
I'd be interested to see what any Bristol fans think their backline will look like next year with the signings and players they got (if there are any Bristol fans on here).

Toulon after Sinckler and Ludlam

I'm not sure Ludlam would go (I could see him being at Saints his whole career, like Lawes) but could definitely see Sinckler

As average as he's been for England recently losing him would throw us into an even bigger mess at tighthead

Last week they had a rumour of Underhill to Racing, but I reckon if he's back in international contention now then that's less likely

Toulon after Sinckler and Ludlam

I'm not sure Ludlam would go (I could see him being at Saints his whole career, like Lawes) but could definitely see Sinckler

As average as he's been for England recently losing him would throw us into an even bigger mess at tighthead

Last week they had a rumour of Underhill to Racing, but I reckon if he's back in international contention now then that's less likely

Tricky one for Ludlam we have so many backrowers and more coming up.
Unlike Lawes I don't see Ludlam being a England constant and I think if Lawes wasn't a England constant he would have moved years ago.

Ludlam will be 28 end of this season and 31 by next RWC. He could do 2 years in France and if it works out well come back and challenge.

Sinckler I def could see going
Rumours Tigers are in talks with Genge, but prob just more would you be interested in coming back.

Yes please. Bristol have ruined him. Leicester Genge was a different animal
Get him back to tigers, give him captancy back and let him be how he was,

Not sure id want Chiefs to pay for him(also this is NOT a rumour) Sinks would do well at Chiefs. Baxter would get his physicality back up, he has regressed aswel at Bristol.

Why is this as these were v v good players.

Yes please. Bristol have ruined him. Leicester Genge was a different animal
Our POV from Bristol is that England have ruined him like they did Randall. Genge has put in many good performances with Bris both before he left on his small vacation and after he came back home. TBF Gengey wasn't bad v Argentia either. Sinckler has well publicised injury problems which have caused others with similar to retire, warrior. Both are still in contract with Bristol so could be getting a lot of money if either are true, which would make up for something of a trade off. Also worth noting how other props such as Woolmore are thriving again at Bristol with the new coaching set up.

It's very interesting to hear how rest of clubs feel about our players, we don't tend to slate others even though they're clearly regressing. We shall see over the coming season.

Our POV from Bristol is that England have ruined him like they did Randall. Genge has put in many good performances with Bris both before he left on his small vacation and after he came back home. TBF Gengey wasn't bad v Argentia either. Sinckler has well publicised injury problems which have caused others with similar to retire, warrior. Both are still in contract with Bristol so could be getting a lot of money if either are true, which would make up for something of a trade off. Also worth noting how other props such as Woolmore are thriving again at Bristol with the new coaching set up.

It's very interesting to hear how rest of clubs feel about our players, we don't tend to slate others even though they're clearly regressing. We shall see over the coming season.

TBF Sinckler is certainly out of contract end of this season.

I just never got the theory for Bristol to sign the England loose and tight head. With the amount of unavailability it puts added pressure on a very specific area of the squad.

I guess it's the same with Leicester going forward with Chessum and Martin although they seem very well stocked in the lock department.

I think you're being over sensitive.

I think the simple view is that Genge and Sinckler have had significant drops in form since moving to Bristol.

I think it's more complex than that …

IMO Sinckler was already on he wane prior to the move and Quins fans weren't devastated with him going. Collier and Louw were a good deal better than Sinckler was in his latter appearances for us. As an England fan, I hoped the Bristol move would rejuvenate him. It hasn't and I think that's partly mental and partly injury. Not really down to Bristol either way.

I always felt like Genge was moving for the wrong reasons. From a rugby POV, he was playing the best rugby of his career in a forwards oriented team. The style of play at Bristol is significantly different and it felt to me like the move was partly personal and partly financial but very little to do with rugby. As it's turned out, he doesn't look like the same player and I can only conclude that the environment and coaching at Bristol isn't bringing the best out of him.

TBF Sinckler is certainly out of contract end of this season
So over 8 months away?

Pretty sure Sinckler will be off in the summer, my guess to take end of career payday in France (it he passes medical) or Japan. Could be another premiership club if they are in need of an experienced prop. Still months away before the latter can approach players though, IIRC. He likes it here but as some premiership clubs are damaging the league and hobbling the likes of Bristol with unfairly small salary cap and the like, it is almost impossible to retain expensive players.

So over 8 months away?

Pretty sure Sinckler will be off in the summer, my guess to take end of career payday in France (it he passes medical) or Japan. Could be another premiership club if they are in need of an experienced prop. Still months away before the latter can approach players though, IIRC. He likes it here but as some premiership clubs are damaging the league and hobbling the likes of Bristol with unfairly small salary cap and the like, it is almost impossible to retain expensive players.

Yeh we are talking end of season moves so I don't get why payment would be given

, Sinckler 30 it's kinda prob his prime earning year now, once you turn 33+ the money goes down generally even for props.

You can approach players whenever now it was scrapped

Unfairly small is pretty laughable though

Last edited:

Latest posts