• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Transfers rumours

RugbyPass now saying Lynagh --> Benneton
This makes much more sense to me than Sarries or Aus. Though, I would have expected him to be included in the Italy squad as a demonstration of intent if that is the case.

He was going around saying "I'm not going anywhere" to fans a couple weeks ago though, but we know that could mean nothing

Re Lynagh from quins forum

"
I'm led to believe* that this dates back to his injury lay-off. The club were disappointed that when he returned to training he hadn't put in the required effort on conditioning that he was prescribed during the injury period and returned in a sub-standard condition. It would explain his initial lack of pace too. He apparently then doubled down with his attitude and expected to be an automatic 1st team selection when available. The club then 'rested' him for a couple of games to demonstrate he wasn't expendable. the situation seems to have deteriorated from there. Whilst it's a shame that communication breakdown seems to be the main issue, Quins have a history for not tolerating big egos, so it's probably not so surprising that he wasn't offered a new contract

*Source from within the cub"

Sounds like a full relationship breakdown

Sam Spink --> Sale
Manu Tuilagi --> Bristol (don't believe this one at all, tbh, I'd be very surprised if he doesn't go to Perpignan - Bristol/Lam do like spending big though, especially on Pacific Islanders)

Lawrence to Quins if Andre leaves
That's an interesting one

Bath gonna find themselves in a bit of an awkward situation with so many top class centres and only so many minutes to go around, they're managing it well atm because of injuries but you've gotta think eventually Redpath/Ojomoh/Lawrence will want to be proper first choice to help their international chances

Lawrence has arguably been the best of the crop, but if his mid-season-transfer contract is coming to an end(?), which will have been for a fraction of what he's worth now, they might have to balance the books and press on with Redpath and Ojomoh at 12

Lawrence to Quins if Andre leaves
Seems a little optimistic (plausible, but optimistic) TBH, I think he's enjoying himself at Bath, and is grateful for the 2nd chance. You've got to think that Bath would fight hard to keep him as well.
Not to mention that (I think) he's in contract.

ETA:
mid-season-transfer contract is coming to an end(?), which will have been for a fraction of what he's worth now, they might have to balance the books and press on with Redpath and Ojomoh at 12
My recollection is that he a mid-season contract for 2022-23, and then a 2-year full-sized contract starting Summer 2023.

Not to mention that he's under contract.
Ah, that kinda settles it then - even if Quins did have a chunk of change available with Estherhuizen leaving, any transfer fees also comes out of the cap so Lawrences salary + transfer would probably be a bit rich for their tastes

In my mind (not based on anything apart from it would make sense) any transfer fee received would be balanced against transfer fee spent?

That may make too much sense for rugby regs tho...

Transfer fee is supposed to be a payment from 1 club to another club.
A salary is the money paid from a club to a player (of their representative).
The two things are different, and transfer fees never used to come under the cap (but people always assumed they did - hence accusations against Bath the moment they signed Burgess).
A transfer fee neither increases the recipient's salary cap for the year, nor decreases the payer's.

Latest posts