• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Transfers rumours

England centre Henry Slade is poised to sign a new deal to stay at Exeter Chiefs despite the continuing uncertainty around the Rugby Football Union's enhanced Elite Player Squad contracts.

Fissler things
Leicester looking at centres
Sam Sprink (Along with Sale and Exeter)
Izaia Perese
and prop Cabous Eloff

Rory Hutchinson in talks with Bayonne
Jack Maunder to Agen
Lyon looking at McGuigan after pulling plug on LCD
Ciaran Knight in talks with Quins

I'd take McCloskey to replace Esterhuizen if he's giving up on Ireland.

I'd take McCloskey to replace Esterhuizen if he's giving up on Ireland.
To be fair I think it a case if he unfortunate. An excellent player but has 3 World Class centres ahead of him and we'll his province is in a poor way. It a case of does he try make a good earning for his later years.
Has been brilliant when he has played but it is hard break ahead of 3 in front

To be fair I think it a case if he unfortunate. An excellent player but has 3 World Class centres ahead of him and we'll his province is in a poor way. It a case of does he try make a good earning for his later years.
Has a soon to be world class centre coming around the corner too.

Would be sad to see him go, his improvement at international level since Faz came in has been great to watch but maybe one of those calls where the IRFU's hands are genuinely tied.

100%. He's also 31 so a bit of a stretch to think he'd make it to 2027.

Has a soon to be world class centre coming around the corner too.

Would be sad to see him go, his improvement at international level since Faz came in has been great to watch but maybe one of those calls where the IRFU's hands are genuinely tied.
Well that is it. There is competition galore and well if you are World Class or top tier you do want to maximize earnings.
I would guess going to France would double his wage at a minimum.

It is crazy like noone ever tried him in emergency on wing like happened last Saturday. McCloskey, Aki and Henshaw in same back line last Saturday was 3 big hitters in a backline.

But the sounds from Belfast and colleagues I know within Ulster is not good. I think Richie Murphy will be put in place and it will be a case of rebuild from the floor up.

Don't be surprised to see likes of Henderson depart and other big names. I'd also expect to see a few Leinster guys go up and basically start again with mentality of a few years pain to develop a new culture etc.

Well that is it. There is competition galore and well if you are World Class or top tier you do want to maximize earnings.
I would guess going to France would double his wage at a minimum.

It is crazy like noone ever tried him in emergency on wing like happened last Saturday. McCloskey, Aki and Henshaw in same back line last Saturday was 3 big hitters in a backline.

But the sounds from Belfast and colleagues I know within Ulster is not good. I think Richie Murphy will be put in place and it will be a case of rebuild from the floor up.

Don't be surprised to see likes of Henderson depart and other big names. I'd also expect to see a few Leinster guys go up and basically start again with mentality of a few years pain to develop a new culture etc.
Aki, Henshaw and McCloskey would also have the pace of a lorry doing a three point turn on a one way street.

Aki, Henshaw and McCloskey would also have the pace of a lorry doing a three point turn on a one way street.
In fairness that is pretty unfair to the lorry.

But yeah going forward they a big unit. But seemingly Ulster are encouraging him to leave as well as others. Steven Kitschoff should take a year break now and dial it in up in Belfast as he won't be getting any trophies.