• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Transfers rumours

With Skyes back off to the Sharks, expect Leinster to be looking out for a new lock. Cullen, Toner, Browne and Flanagan are our only remaining options and with Cullen being decrepit and Flanagan a child, I'd expect a move to be made. Possibly Ryan Caldwell who is going very well for Bath by all accounts.

Scarlets. I rate Rhodri Jones, but I have no clue which side they want him on. It seems like Nige wants him loosehead, allowing Cai to start.

Scarlets. I rate Rhodri Jones, but I have no clue which side they want him on. It seems like Nige wants him loosehead, allowing Cai to start.

Hopefully we'll get Rhys Gill, allowing Rhodri to go to tight-head. Or just keep Deacon Manu (If this was a few years ago I wouldn't be bothered if he left :p)

I've also heard Deacon Manu might join us. I hope to god this isn't true. I've never rated him and would rather play some nipper who could stick around for a bit than a relatively poor older player.
Rhys Gill to Scarlets would be very good. They might offload Rhys Thomas, which could be a decent bit saved for player wages.

Neither Macdonald nor Castle were great signings. Macdonald was behind an aging Sidoli and so-so Charteris, while Castle has had a long term knee (?) injury which has really prevented him from performing.
I'd rather persist with Buck or Watchurst (if he ever gets fit) then sign a 33 year old journeyman.

With Skyes back off to the Sharks, expect Leinster to be looking out for a new lock. Cullen, Toner, Browne and Flanagan are our only remaining options and with Cullen being decrepit and Flanagan a child, I'd expect a move to be made. Possibly Ryan Caldwell who is going very well for Bath by all accounts.

Touch Caldwell and die he's our little diamond now.... ;)

The Bath rumour mill seems to be fairly poor ATM, Dominic Day and Jenkins are the most credible... I heard we were looking at Morgan and circling around Brits but I don't expect much to come from those two if they're true.

Holy prop movements batman!

Ceri Jones would be a good solid signing for the Dragons. Don't see the point of the Scarlets signing Cai Griffiths though, poor player, although was showing signs of improvement at the beginning of the season.

That's a good point, but tbh, any props that can scrummage would be a bonus for the Dragons, even if he only lasts a season or two. I was always impressed with Ceri Jones when I saw him play. Strong scrummager and decent workrate, nothing special, but better than the rubbish at the Dragons (although I rate Watchurst, and think Buck could be ok).

Edit. Just had a look. Think he may be 34/35 now. That's pushing it a bit too far, so you're right Draggs, not worth it!

Last edited:
A little bird tells me Mallender is looming to spend his Ashton savings in Abendanon. I have no evidence to back this up other then the girl who told me is rather tasty.

Touch Caldwell and die he's our little diamond now.... ;)

The Bath rumour mill seems to be fairly poor ATM, Dominic Day and Jenkins are the most credible... I heard we were looking at Morgan and circling around Brits but I don't expect much to come from those two if they're true.

What!? When did this happen? I'd be really disappointed if he was to leave us, we don't have a huge amount of second row depth and he really helps us their:(

It was in the bible of signings rubbish the rugby paper apparently, seeing as it wasn't rumoured on sportnetwork it might well be true. We'd only be looking to sign someone to give us more depth, there's only three senior squad locks at Bath (...and ones going to be with England now).

TehMite I bleedin well hope that doesn't happen I think I would cry man tears if Bendy left. My former source's disappearnce means I can't find out whether he's resigned yet or not, we've apparently many of our young guns and are waiting to announce so I wouldn't be suprised if Bendy was already snaffled up again.

I think any Welsh club could do with him.
Apart from the Ospreys, he would start at all the rest.

Latest posts