• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Transfers rumours

Jeez - neither did I! Still, he was looking good last season and would be a good signing for a year.

Wasps linked to a South African Lock who can play back row too. Hints that it may be Jacque Du Plessis from Montpellier... i kind of hope it is as he's a cracking player plus nickname's the sheep.

Blackett has said that we are looking at this and more short term deals to cover holes in squad.

Rob Kearney ----> Western Force

Unusual one, wonder if it's with plans post rugby in mind.

Rob Kearney ----> Western Force

Unusual one, wonder if it's with plans post rugby in mind.
Seen a few of the reliable journos repeating this on twitter. Really strange move by Irish standards, but you love to see it. Hope Covid let's this happen for Kearnage

Seen a few of the reliable journos repeating this on twitter. Really strange move by Irish standards, but you love to see it. Hope Covid let's this happen for Kearnage
I wouldn't be surprised if Covid is the reason he's heading out there, I'm fairly sure restrictions down there are significantly more lenient than ours.

Ben Murphy to Munster on a short term deal.

It's a good move for all parties. Munster need scrum half cover. Murphy will be higher in the pecking order than had he stayed with Leinster and has a chance at getting game time. Leinster see how he gets on and if he can earn an academy or development contract.

Peter O'Mahony to La Rochelle or Toulon is doing rounds. And well from my role in Munster and seeing things around. Not 100% on destination but do believe he is leaving

Peter O'Mahony to La Rochelle or Toulon is doing rounds. And well from my role in Munster and seeing things around. Not 100% on destination but do believe he is leaving
Would be sad to see our club captain go, but he won't get a central contract and fair play to him if he can get a nice pay day (or two) before he retires. Slightly surprised as I thought he would be very very settled in Cork (who will look after the garden). I would love us to win something before he goes. He absolutely deserves that.

What is it they say about time passing quicker the older you get? It doesn't seem that long ago I saw him playing for Munster A, turns out it was about ten and a half years ago.

What is it they say about time passing quicker the older you get? It doesn't seem that long ago I saw him playing for Munster A, turns out it was about ten and a half years ago.
Yeah it is crazy how fast time goes by in that Nov 2011 and that famous last minute ROG drop goal vs Saints was his first European start. He was named MOTM. Hard to think that 9 years ago.

Doing an Ibitoye?
Realised he's not on the EPS radar this RWC cycle so head abroad make some wedge and come back in his mid 20s with more experience?
There is no way Quins let him go. Gabs wasn't making the Quins team every week, Smith is literally our only prem standard 10...

Well he's out of contract end of this season so Quins couldn't say no if he wanted to go.
Currently on a contract of £230,000 will certainly want a pay rise.

We'll see Lyon will be looking at a few 10's to replace Wisniewski

Well he's out of contract end of this season so Quins couldn't say no if he wanted to go.
Currently on a contract of £230,000 will certainly want a pay rise.
I wouldn't be surprised if we see more non-EPS players moving abroad at the end of the season - not a lot of cash flying around atm, and I bet a lot took the paycut expecting it to bounce back after a year.

I hadn't realised how many players had headed to Japan over the summer - even to the lower leagues

Latest posts