• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Transfers rumours

If the reports coming out of the owners is to be believed, we spend up to the cap. Will need to reduce that this year like everyone else so makes sense we lose so some big salaries, just hope we can replace the quality

If the reports coming out of the owners is to be believed, we spend up to the cap. Will need to reduce that this year like everyone else so makes sense we lose so some big salaries, just hope we can replace the quality
Really????

who are your big cap players? i am assuming that Hougaard and maybe originally Teo/Nanai were outside the cap?

Guy i live with who used to be in Tigers academy did say Wuss pay the best to academy lads by far.... some on up to 40k whilst still in academy.

Really????

who are your big cap players? i am assuming that Hougaard and maybe originally Teo/Nanai were outside the cap?

Guy i live with who used to be in Tigers academy did say Wuss pay the best to academy lads by far.... some on up to 40k whilst still in academy.

Hougaard, Weir, Du Preez, Nanai, wouldn't be surprised if Hill and Lawrence are on a wedge to retain them, Kvesic must be up there. Pennell and Van Velze too

But yeah paying the academy well has knock on effects i guess, but still cheaper than a team of superstars and hope to retain them

Ian Keatley to Glasgow
Jack Conan to Ulster are the 2 doing rounds.

Apparently Jack Conan has been told he doesn't feature in Leinster's future.

Also Contepomi and Lancaster will "review their positions" at end of season.
Sounds like both are looking to pastures new. Presume Lancaster fancies a crack at HC role in England again. I'm sure there will be clubs there that will happily take a punt on him.

Last edited:
I'm a Worcester fan, positivity is a state of being haha

Hougaard, Weir, Du Preez, Nanai, wouldn't be surprised if Hill and Lawrence are on a wedge to retain them, Kvesic must be up there. Pennell and Van Velze too

But yeah paying the academy well has knock on effects i guess, but still cheaper than a team of superstars and hope to retain them
See if i am being honest..... losing Weir, Du Preez, maybe Van Velze might not be the worst thing. You have a brilliant academy and maybe pairing with some good home grown players become available wouldn't be a bad option. Hougaard would be a lose but that Lambo ain't cheap and there's a fair chunk of change going to him at the moment.

Really thought you might steal Whiteley away from Sarries but if not Briz now have 4/5 good 9's and could sneak one of those ... maybe Uren?

Conan? really? he's a quality operator IMHO.. replacement for Cozetee?
Possibly. Conan meh is good but in my eyes a bit overrated. But I gues it is more so as Leinster are overflowing with backrow options, Conan has an iffy injury record and well Doris is after exploding on to the scene.

Possibly. Conan meh is good but in my eyes a bit overrated. But I gues it is more so as Leinster are overflowing with backrow options, Conan has an iffy injury record and well Doris is after exploding on to the scene.
True i suppose, if he was a couple years younger then i wouldn't get rid of him but with the unknown ability for Leinster to breed amazing young back rowers and his age maybe best to move on.

Could you see him moving abroad? Maybe not France but a decent chunk of change at an English club.

See if i am being honest..... losing Weir, Du Preez, maybe Van Velze might not be the worst thing. You have a brilliant academy and maybe pairing with some good home grown players become available wouldn't be a bad option. Hougaard would be a lose but that Lambo ain't cheap and there's a fair chunk of change going to him at the moment.

Really thought you might steal Whiteley away from Sarries but if not Briz now have 4/5 good 9's and could sneak one of those ... maybe Uren?
Yeah it should free up a sizable amount of cap space minus DvdM.

Halfbalk we lack proper depth, Kitto and Heaney must be near the end of their contracts. Would love a player like Uren or Vellacott.

I know the plan is to recruit from within first, then EQP if not with the exception of marquee.

I mean you could get both? Maybe raid Glaws for one of their many very talented scrummies.

True i suppose, if he was a couple years younger then i wouldn't get rid of him but with the unknown ability for Leinster to breed amazing young back rowers and his age maybe best to move on.

Could you see him moving abroad? Maybe not France but a decent chunk of change at an English club.
Conan would probably do well abroad but will be giving up on Irish hopes and I don't think he will be a top 8 at the big clubs challenging for silverware.
So hard to see as also it a poor time to move as everywhere is tightening belts due to current climate.

Whenever Conan has had half a season without injury he finds form and is international standard, it's just rare. He'd be a good signing for any team without 3+ international backrowers. Loses out at Leinster to Doris, Leavy, VdF and Conners for obvious enough reasons although I would take peak Conan over peak VDF, and loses to Rhys Ruddock and Scott Penny because they're available for far more games throughout a season.

A career that's quietly been ruined by injuries.

What? Lol

Gustard has basically moved down from England defence coach to Wales defence coach after being a head coach for quins?
Only way that makes sense is if he has an eye on Pivac's spot.

What? Lol

Gustard has basically moved down from England defence coach to Wales defence coach after being a head coach for quins?
I think it makes sense. He'd been at England for a long time and fancied a change of scenery + an attempt at head coaching. Head coaching hasn't really worked out so is going back to international defence coaching but still wants a change of scenery.

What? Lol

I've never know the guy on the Quins forum to be wrong (though @BPM may).

As T says, I can see why it makes sense - Quins probably hasn't turned out as he hoped

Latest posts