• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Transfers rumours

I think ye have a better front row fwiw and a very dangerous set of backs who don't look like they met in the car park. I often feel our back play isn't as joined up as it should be.
I think Coetzee is going to be a phenomenal loss that nakawara won't come close to filling.
I don't think many could fill it. We went off a cliff when nick williams left and it may be the same again. That or we need another few ball carriers to step up. Izuchukwu may have potential, but our forward are good in the loose energy wise, but make minimal dent ball in hand

Apparently we're close to agreeing a 2yr deal with Manu,

Don't get me wrong, he's one of my all time favourite players, but.....he'll only get more fragile with age, not stronger
Between him and Rohan we spend about 3 games a season with either of them available

Does sound like the deal is for a chunk less than he's on at the moment, though

Apparently we're close to agreeing a 2yr deal with Manu,

Don't get me wrong, he's one of my all time favourite players, but.....he'll only get more fragile with age, not stronger
Between him and Rohan we spend about 3 games a season with either of them available

Does sound like the deal is for a chunk less than he's on at the moment, though

and I thought no one could come up with a good aprils fools joke.

Being serious I reckon top 14 clubs have massively reduced offers now, 30 years old + injury issues + his style of play
Here's a little stat in 8 season Manu has averaged 10 games a season.

Will say I was always scared at Tigers that Manu would leave and come good elsewhere, but since he's gone it has felt like a big weight of the clubs shoulders.

Last edited:
Being serious I reckon top 14 clubs have massively reduced offers now, 30 years old + injury issues + his style of play
Aye, my guess is a combination of Top 14 not offering more than prem clubs and not wanting to uproot his young family to move to Japan has got him looking at the prem more - and he's already settled in Manchester so it's easy to accept an offer if one's on the table

Your signing Manu and we are signing 8 senior academy lads. :D Exciting group, especially Fisilau and Reketi Ma'asi-White who are very exciting talents.

Archie McArthur – Loosehead prop

(Oxfordshire DPP / Oxfordshire County / City of Oxford College ACE)

Alfie Bell – Lock

(Warwickshire DPP / Warwickshire County / King Henry VIII School)

Fyn Brown – Backrow

(Oxfordshire DPP / Oxfordshire County / Oxford Harlequins RFC / Shiplake College)

Aaron Florestein – Backrow

(Buckinghamshire DPP / Merchant Taylors School)

Kofi Cripps – Backrow

(Buckinghamshire DPP / Buckinghamshire / Amersham & Chiltern RFC / Rugby School)

Greg Fisilau – Backrow

(Caldicott Prep School / Oxfordshire DPP / St Edwards School / City of Oxford College ACE)

Rekeiti Ma'asi-White – Centre

(Caldicott Prep School / Harrow School)

Ollie Dawkins – Fullback

I still feel sorry for Saints and Worcester (Mainly Worcester) losing out their catchments cause Wasps decided to setup in their area now is crazy.
Barbeary would've been in the Saints academy till the move

We definitely had Warwickshire before Wasps moved. Where would we find a list of what county comes under which academy of is in not that simple?

we have done a lot of work with our academy recently and making real strides to move towards a more all round academy with courses at the city of Oxford college (so studies and rugby)

It has really benefited us recently.

Marler calling Quins out on Twitter for letting Brown go and seemingly accusing a member of the club (I'm assuming Ed Spokes given he uses the hashtag #ESIAB) of being a *****.

Could well be an injoke but doesn't look good

Last edited:
Oh it might be.
I was guessing.
Baldwin makes more sense, tbf

Marler and Bish are good mates, but Bish retired from coaching to focus on being a professional strongman competitor - so it's not like Quins let him go (as he's saying in his tweets)

Latest posts