• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Transfers rumours

Billy was Farrell's biggest failed experiment. Would have both Byrnes, Carbery and Crowley ahead myself.

Once Optimus Sex goes we'll have to stop building our team around the 10 though which will be a first, ever.

Billy was Farrell's biggest failed experiment. Would have both Byrnes, Carbery and Crowley ahead myself.

Once Optimus Sex goes we'll have to stop building our team around the 10 though which will be a first, ever.
My views on the 10s after Sexton:

Joey - On form is probably the best option but needs to keep the form and health levels to an optimum prime.
Ross B - Sexton 2.0. Not flashy a good 10 but will be doing well to be first choice. Had a mixed bag so far and seems to be unfancied by coaching team.
Jack Crowley - I actually think he could be the best 10 of all but needs to break in to Munster permanently and produce what he did last Friday consistently.
Harry Byrne - Alot of hype and a good player but again a mix of Joey and Jack above. Needs to be fit, needs to break in to Leinster team and again needs to produce against top teams. He has not done this yet. Not dismissing him as he does have Sexton ahead of him but he needs to remove Ross.
Ben Healy - Is a mix of a few things but if he produces his good he will be in mix but he has his not so good too.
Jack Carthy - THe wild card who is playing the best of any 10 here.

But back on original post I'm hoping that Foley talk is rubbish as well I think Ireland don't need him but his signing could hurt any provinces balance.

Ive seen us linked with Tian Schoeman the Bath back up fly half.

Cant say i know much about him at all....but with Joel Hodgson surely being moved on, and Brett Connon only contracted till the summer are they looking for a senior guy whilst we bring through Will Haydon Wood and Louie Johnson.

Jack Dunne to Chiefs being reported by the Indo now too. Particularly of interest to them as he was born in London and is EQ. Leinster apparently looking to sign an overseas SR

Jack Dunne to Chiefs being reported by the Indo now too. Particularly of interest to them as he was born in London and is EQ. Leinster apparently looking to sign an overseas SR

The Indo article is weird. Seems to be just basing it off the rumour from TRP but alludes to more sources. Did say the deal isn't done yet as well.

It would be a pity to lose him because he seems like a great guy and has a rare frame in Irish rugby but he's had a lot of injuries and and performances that were more promise than anything else. He's probably what Connacht are crying out for though and it would definitely be a pity to lose him from Ireland whatever about Leinster.

My views on the 10s after Sexton:

Joey - On form is probably the best option but needs to keep the form and health levels to an optimum prime.
Ross B - Sexton 2.0. Not flashy a good 10 but will be doing well to be first choice. Had a mixed bag so far and seems to be unfancied by coaching team.
Jack Crowley - I actually think he could be the best 10 of all but needs to break in to Munster permanently and produce what he did last Friday consistently.
Harry Byrne - Alot of hype and a good player but again a mix of Joey and Jack above. Needs to be fit, needs to break in to Leinster team and again needs to produce against top teams. He has not done this yet. Not dismissing him as he does have Sexton ahead of him but he needs to remove Ross.
Ben Healy - Is a mix of a few things but if he produces his good he will be in mix but he has his not so good too.
Jack Carthy - THe wild card who is playing the best of any 10 here.

But back on original post I'm hoping that Foley talk is rubbish as well I think Ireland don't need him but his signing could hurt any provinces balance.
Ross being described as Sexton 2.0. is interesting, don't think they're that similar.

Rugbypass now saying there is an offer on the table from Connacht and that Exeter are also trying to sign Charlie Ryan.

Possible it's all the same source saying it's a 6'8" oft injured young lock and everyone's jumping to conclusions. Either way would be nice if Exeter would kindly **** off.

Think Connacht and Ulster would be crazy to not put an offer in the table for him. Leinster should be trying to keep him too.

Realistically where is Dunne in the Ireland pecking order?
Well down, because he hasn't really played. He's obviously behind our starting locks right now, and you couldn't in good faith put him ahead of any of the other provinces starting locks in an Ireland depth chart, and I think guys like Ahern are also in the spotlight now, but at the same time he was getting games before he fractured his ankle and there's a lot of players I would back him to leapfrog with his size and athleticism.

Edit: LMAO you said dinner first and edited it, nerd. I'm gonna kick your ass after school today.

So nothing really keeping him in Ireland let alone moving to Connacht say.

I didn't say maybe if Irish players had normal names my auto correct would kick in.

So nothing really keeping him in Ireland let alone moving to Connacht say.

I didn't say maybe if Irish players had normal names my auto correct would kick in.
It's true, whenever i type in Injury-Faking-Diver it autocorrects to Injury-Faking-Diver

Edit: *Sexton

The last time i saw Jack Dunne, he was really good... So he's behind Toner, Baird, Ryan x2? Does Ruddock play in the row occassionally? Exeter were rumoured to have Jenkins & Tshiunza (along with Lonsdale & Witty) etc behind Kirsten, Hill, Skinner etc to fill spot and rumoured with Kruis as stop gap as Baxter thinks Jenkins/Tshiunza are 18 months from being starters.

Ross being described as Sexton 2.0. is interesting, don't think they're that similar.
Not as fluid with backs but goal kicking and general kicking is definitely as reliable and he has a good calmness.

I think more the point is Harry Byrne not kicking on past him as Ross definitely has a ceiling.

Rumours here at the falcons is that Radwan has been having talks with Tigers...

Honestly couldnt blame the lad...we are inept all over and particularly in attack.

The lad must be frustrated to hell.....

Latest posts