• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Transfers rumours

The tight 5 is getting stronger. We signed a number of players last summer who have barely player due to injury, they are fit again for next season.

Yes Wilson has done quite a bit of coaching

We shall see about next season. Im actually quite positive. I dont expect us to be garbage which one of the lovely Tigers fans has referred to us on the Tigers forum .

Penny is just better at FB....a quality player.

The tight 5 is getting stronger. We signed a number of players last summer who have barely player due to injury, they are fit again for next season.

Yes Wilson has done quite a bit of coaching

We shall see about next season. Im actually quite positive. I dont expect us to be garbage which one of the lovely Tigers fans has referred to us on the Tigers forum .

Penny is just better at FB....a quality player.
I'd be very surpised if Falcons aren't "garbage" with the occassional flash of promise next year.

That's not an insult, it's a reality. You aren't in the same boat as Tigers, us (kind of) etc where there was a couple years of blip and then a return to good quality rugby, falcons have been tripe for a while. Yes, a new team might come and be brilliant, but any success is likely to be a long long time off - these rebuilds don't happen over night.

Happy to be proven wrong, but I don't hold out hope.

I'd be very surpised if Falcons aren't "garbage" with the occassional flash of promise next year.

That's not an insult, it's a reality. You aren't in the same boat as Tigers, us (kind of) etc where there was a couple years of blip and then a return to good quality rugby, falcons have been tripe for a while. Yes, a new team might come and be brilliant, but any success is likely to be a long long time off - these rebuilds don't happen over night.

Happy to be proven wrong, but I don't hold out hope.
We dont have half the money of those teams! What do you expect.
We are the first ones to acknowledge its been poor, but we have hope.

Steven Kitshoff -> Ulster post 2023 RWC
Cheslin Kolbe -> Stormers
TBH I'd rather just keep Gelant but I suppose that isn't an option. Can't imagine us having bucks enough for Kolbe if we can't keep Gelant.

Bordeaux trying to buy Dan du Preez out of his contract

I think all three du Preez brothers will leave next year but to lose Dan early, with no real chance to find a replacement as it's so late in the day, would be devastating

Also unless anyone missed it, Will Witty has gone from Exeter to Perpingan. Bought him out last year of contract too.

"...of all the places Ruan Pienaar could go in Europe, why choose Northern Ireland, and of all the teams why Ulster?"

Because it'd be hard to go to NI and join Leinster, Munster or Connacht.

Hearing Ben Curry to Tigers is a done deal.

Marco Van staden replacement

Talk is he's keen to open a Curry house in Leicester!
Good. Blows my mind that England's arguably best player has an identical twin widely agreed to be about or at least nearly as good with one cap, when the brother has 30+ and 3 for the Lions. Hopefully he can step out of Tom's (perfectly the right size) shadow.

Good. Blows my mind that England's arguably best player has an identical twin widely agreed to be about or at least nearly as good with one cap, when the brother has 30+ and 3 for the Lions. Hopefully he can step out of Tom's (perfectly the right size) shadow.
Exactly! Really glad that Ben Curry is gonna get his opportunity to step away from his brother and develop his own limelight and it will do wonder's for his Eng.... (Tails off as he realises the similarity between Jack and Tom Willis and gets scared...)

Latest posts