• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Transfers rumours

Presumably cause the council won't sell us the Stadium and the NIMBYs stopped us building a new one
Only way to stop the cash-bleed is owning your own stadium you can use for other events and get full cuts of the concessions etc.
Otherwise you're just chucking money in a black hole

Presumably cause the council won't sell us the Stadium and the NIMBYs stopped us building a new one
Only way to stop the cash-bleed is owning your own stadium you can use for other events and get full cuts of the concessions etc.
Otherwise you're just chucking money in a black hole
I hear there might be a stadium in Coventry for sale?

T.Curry turned down an offer from Toulon,

Apparently Tigers offering £500k and Sale offering a renewal of £550k - let the bidding wars begin!

He can't be marquee at Tigers so imagine they can't stretch much further (though that does imply they adhere to the salary cap, which we all know they don't)

Also Simon Orange said on twitter he's not looking to sell, just open to additional investors

T.Curry turned down an offer from Toulon,

Apparently Tigers offering £500k and Sale offering a renewal of £550k - let the bidding wars begin!

He can't be marquee at Tigers so imagine they can't stretch much further (though that does imply they adhere to the salary cap, which we all know they don't)

Also Simon Orange said on twitter he's not looking to sell, just open to additional investors

Source on the curry thing because if it's Ruck you need banning.

No way Tigers or Sale are offering half a million for either curry.

you need banning.
Says they guy who repeatedly comments on match day threads about the make up of the team but without posting the actual team list first
No way Tigers or Sale are offering half a million for either curry.
I could see us giving Tom a blank cheque as our marquee player - losing him would be a serious blow not just in terms of playing performance but also in terms of recognition/publicity for the club etc.
Local lad who went from academy player --> rwc final --> starting Lion all before he hit 22, it's a bad look if he then moves to a rival as soon as his first senior contract is up

Says they guy who repeatedly comments on match day threads about the make up of the team but without posting the actual team list first

I could see us giving Tom a blank cheque as our marquee player - losing him would be a serious blow not just in terms of playing performance but also in terms of recognition/publicity for the club etc.
Local lad who went from academy player --> rwc final --> starting Lion all before he hit 22, it's a bad look if he then moves to a rival as soon as his first senior contract is up

Yeh but honestly which club in England will be paying that much for a openside who will miss half the season nearly?

Fly half's just about earning that kind of money still.

Big brain move by tigers
Force sale to spend all their dosh on Tom curry and then bounce on Ben!

Yeh but honestly which club in England will be paying that much for a openside who will miss half the season nearly?

Fly half's just about earning that kind of money still.
True enough,
It'll come down to us bidding above whoever is the next best, I guess - He'll definitely be marquee, barring any mad signings next season, and as I said before I think his signing is also a big marketing boost, just shift some of the designated funds for that into the playing pot

Charlie's pretty average, but is decent Premiership performer who's capable of a big game now and again. I'm assuming he'd be a direct replacement for Will Witty.

We're announcing a new signing this week - from the teaser image my guess is Joe Simpson on a short term deal to cover Raffis recovery

glad to hear about Joe, still more to go. Also can anyone indentify this chap? Wasps forward coach Richard Blaze said we have 3 senior forwards join the squad this week. Two are clearly Kiran McDonald and John Ryan but i can't identify this chap and its clearly not Koch and not any of our backs signngs like Burger or WHW. Any chance anyone knows who it is?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-07-18 at 21.09.33.png
    Screenshot 2022-07-18 at 21.09.33.png
    217.3 KB · Views: 5
glad to hear about Joe, still more to go. Also can anyone indentify this chap? Wasps forward coach Richard Blaze said we have 3 senior forwards join the squad this week. Two are clearly Kiran McDonald and John Ryan but i can't identify this chap and its clearly not Koch and not any of our backs signngs like Burger or WHW. Any chance anyone knows who it is?

Looks like Cameron Dodson

Latest posts