• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Transfers rumours

Anyone find the whole Christian Wade thing odd?
Do you think he had lined up a big money move to Wasps and it fell through?
I don't think he had an offers tbh - or at least no offers that come close to what he was on/what he thinks he should be on - no one has big money spare in the budget, this late in the season, for a winger who hasn't played for years

Whole thing was just a publicity stunt/him having some fun on social media

Mad that he made £50k for his Lions call-up

Zach Mercer signing a 3/4 year deal with Gloucester

Honestly a few teams will I think be kicking themselves for missing out on him potentially.
Bristol I think will be one of them
Sale potentially as I can see the Du Preez's leave especially if they are kept out of the bok squad.

Gloucester cap situation might be interesting if Pollledri stays fit and gets back to form since his wage would go through the roof

Zach Mercer signing a 3/4 year deal with Gloucester

Honestly a few teams will I think be kicking themselves for missing out on him potentially.
Bristol I think will be one of them
Sale potentially as I can see the Du Preez's leave especially if they are kept out of the bok squad.

Gloucester cap situation might be interesting if Pollledri stays fit and gets back to form since his wage would go through the roof
Polledri, Tuisue and Mercer all at the same club creates a bit of a log jam.

Polledri has played quite a bit at 7, as has Mercer. Both are better at 8, but they could conceivably play in the same back row.

Whether Polledri gets back to where he was is definitely debatable too. I really hope he does, but I think it's a little ambitious to think he will given the severity of his injury and the amount of time he's been out of action.

Rumours
Finn Smith - Saints
Wade in take with Stade as injury cover
Nowell looking at France for post rwc
London Irish after Chick

Mystery prop seen training at Bath
unknown.png

Doubt a guy signed from MLR and instantly sent out on loan will be on much - though it's a promising sign if it means at least some money is available

Doubt a guy signed from MLR and instantly sent out on loan will be on much - though it's a promising sign if it means at least some money is available
so that's what i was thinking, we have signed Van Vurren and Nearchou has been promoted to Snr Contract plus Thunder in. Money moving about is a good sign.

Also don't know if anyone saw this, suggests something is being worked through.

IDK if any off them scream anything more than trying to get numbers for the squad to see out a season, but yeh they are obviously planning on playing this season still.

Isn't Wasps main issue currently more the bonds not so much the taxes?

IDK if any off them scream anything more than trying to get numbers for the squad to see out a season, but yeh they are obviously planning on playing this season still.

Isn't Wasps main issue currently more the bonds not so much the taxes?
True, they are receiving interest but i believe there is a want to extend the bond despite reaching maturity. We will see what happens there but any small win is alway nice.

I'd imagine Wasps are just trying to see through the short term, knowing we can't make money off rugby per say but with coivd restrictions now subsiding, the facilities plus events will help re-finance the club in the Long Term. I didn't know this but way back in 2016, Coventry (Ricoh Arena) at the time generated £28m (38,000 music tourists) to area. My assumption is we will look to weather the short term in any means necessary and then use the intended potential success of events to keep us going.

Latest posts