• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Transfers rumours

I agree, suppose this is where the idea of a transfer system or draft/swaps could come in to play. I'm sure the Falcons would love to say to Saints, you can have Blamire early and avoid the free market challenges of other clubs and we would like someone like Moon or Coles etc in exchange.

But in all seriousness, if Falcons let him go, Saints or maybe someone like Bristol or Bath seems like a logical step. If I was Sarries, i'd look at him too.

Think Saracens value the setpiece too much to look at someone like Blamire (I'm a little surprised Saints are interested considering their issues at the lineout)
Bristol would be a good shout, they definitely value open play/breakdown > tight play in their forwards

I think he will be a cracking signing for many teams in the Prem..if they can sort his key hooker skills...ie his throwing as you say.

I'll be amazed if he doesnt move next summer.

Think Saracens value the setpiece too much to look at someone like Blamire (I'm a little surprised Saints are interested considering their issues at the lineout)
Bristol would be a good shout, they definitely value open play/breakdown > tight play in their forwards
Yeah and for me the potential is beyond Thacker and i'd argue a better option that Capon, Kerr etc.

Also has anyone else noticed that Bristol have 11 PROPS in wiki squad, including spanish twins? Toti Benz-Salomon and Jono Benz-Salomon... crazy

Yeah and for me the potential is beyond Thacker and i'd argue a better option that Capon, Kerr etc.

Also has anyone else noticed that Bristol have 11 PROPS in wiki squad, including spanish twins? Toti Benz-Salomon and Jono Benz-Salomon... crazy
Spain should have played them instead of the South African and they'd be in the world cup now...

I agree, suppose this is where the idea of a transfer system or draft/swaps could come in to play. I'm sure the Falcons would love to say to Saints, you can have Blamire early and avoid the free market challenges of other clubs and we would like someone like Moon or Coles etc in exchange.

But in all seriousness, if Falcons let him go, Saints or maybe someone like Bristol or Bath seems like a logical step. If I was Sarries, i'd look at him too.
I'd have thought Wasps would be the best location for Blamire? Cruse is winding down and he's at least as good as Oghre IMO.

But they've got Barbeary! :D
I'd have thought Wasps would be the best location for Blamire? Cruse is winding down and he's at least as good as Oghre IMO.
If we get Blamire we can have 3 hookers who play backrow!

Yeah in all seriousness it wouldn't surprise me, with Barbeary switching, Oghre playing both and Cruse looking tired, it leaves only Frost.

I think he will be a cracking signing for many teams in the Prem..if they can sort his key hooker skills...ie his throwing as you say.

I'll be amazed if he doesnt move next summer.
Pretty big IF though.

From an Eng perspective it's very frustrating seeing both Blamire and Barbeary with their undoubted talents either falling short in the hooking basics or not even trying to master them.

As good as George and LCD are there's definitely room for a barnstormer to have a real crack at the shirt or at least the RWC squad. But the basics have to be there.

To be fair when Hartley was first on the scene he had a terrible line out but we made it one of his strengths in the end. I could see them doing the same with him.

Pretty big IF though.

From an Eng perspective it's very frustrating seeing both Blamire and Barbeary with their undoubted talents either falling short in the hooking basics or not even trying to master them.

As good as George and LCD are there's definitely room for a barnstormer to have a real crack at the shirt or at least the RWC squad. But the basics have to be there.
Agreed. More frustrating IMO to see McGuigan overlooked though when he has the basics and more and is incredibly consistent.

To be fair when Hartley was first on the scene he had a terrible line out but we made it one of his strengths in the end. I could see them doing the same with him.
Yep but he's going to be 25 in December and still only has very limited club experience. I'm not saying it can't happen, but it's quite a big ask.

If it's right he has lost a load of weight you'd have to wonder whether he's eyeing up the back row permanently.

Yeah it was a big talking point at the game on Saturday OH. Noticeably smaller.

Possibly, but if he wants to be a test player that's a bold move given the quality of competition. He's already managed to get in to the mix as a hooker so why risk a position switch?

In any case, given the injury situation at Falcons, it could simply be case of the back row needing reinforcement for now, not a permanent switch.

Absolutely...we have huge injury problems and they'll want their top players on the pitch regardless in that case, so Blamire to 6/7 is a no brainer. BUT that cant account for his visible weight loss. Unless its planned and hes just lost fat and is in peak shape?

Its going to be one to watch over the season.

Absolutely...we have huge injury problems and they'll want their top players on the pitch regardless in that case, so Blamire to 6/7 is a no brainer. BUT that cant account for his visible weight loss. Unless its planned and hes just lost fat and is in peak shape?

Its going to be one to watch over the season.
Interestingly when Barbeary made the move to backrow he dropped a fair amount of weight too.

Yeah don't disagree at all. If we lose cruse i'd love to sign him and have a combo of him, Frost and Oghre.

Although i don't want to sleep on Cruse at all.

Also interestingly enough was listening to Eggchasers and it was said Wasps the Champ extremely seriously due to financial implications. That's why i don't want to give up on Frost at all.

Latest posts