• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Transfers rumours

Would be a real shame and big loss.
Agreed. Ben if I have doubts about Simmonds' suitability for England, there's no denying he's a star player at Premiership level.

Interestingly, Charlie Morgan hinting that there might be some changes to England availability in 2023.

Who knows? It depends on how desperate he situation gets.

Desperate for who though?
With the way that rugby is in this country the PRL holds more control over players than England.

As things get more desperate you would imagine the clubs will try to grip harder.

what are the concessions that PRL gives the RFU? training camps in the season and they rest players according to some magical formula right?
Off weeks during 6N.
Hot take.
RFU negotiates with LNR.

Desperate for who though?
With the way that rugby is in this country the PRL holds more control over players than England.

As things get more desperate you would imagine the clubs will try to grip harder.
So far, we've not had a player who is a clear first choice England international head to France. The likes of Mercer and Simmonds and before them, the Armitages and Abendanon were fringe players who didn't hurt the England team by going.

I suspect things might be different if our top players were seriously looking to go. The status quo has never been really tested.

Imagine the England payments will keep any clear first choicers from looking abroad

Clear first choice means up to 12 tests per year (most likely 9 or 10) which is upto £300k in appearance fees

Do think we'll see more fringe/younger players looking abroad though - especially if Mercer comes back goes straight into the EPS (so youngsters won't perceive it as a black mark on their record to leave)

TRP rumours
Bath after Sutherland as injury cover for Obano if Wuss fold
Jack Nowell to france
Freddie Steward to remain at Leicester
Sale looking at sione Tuipulotu

Makes sense, but still surprised - when he went back to Saracens after his loan I thought here'd be there for good, especially with Goode and Maitland on the brink of retiring

He fits Bristol well, though, and will score a boatload for them

Can't mention Elliot Daly without adding "he has a huge left boot." It may even be his middle name by now. Elliot Hugeleftboot Daly.
To be fair, he's playing pretty well atm. I still think i'd have selected Malins over Daly.

Maybe Sarries are eyeing up Venter, Butler or Lawrence to slot into their midfield.

Maybe Sarries are eyeing up Venter, Butler or Lawrence to slot into their midfield.
That's a good point, I bet a lot of sides are holding off on recruitment atm to see what happens with Worcesters players
Shilcock will be a good pickup at 15 for someone

To be fair, the Worcester squad is useful. Outside of the obvious ones (Hill, Lawrence, DvdM), there are lots of handy players there. From a Quins POV, I'd be very interested in Langdon and Simpson for example.

Latest posts