• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Transfers rumours

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Bullitt @ Feb 23 2010, 01:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
EoD will be lucky to bench for the reserves. Anglo-Irish cup only for him.[/b]
Yeah as he has Hines, Cullen, Toner 7 Maybe Mal will play 1 more year :lol: plus Leinster have some excellent academy players coming through.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Bullitt @ Feb 23 2010, 01:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Doubt hit - he's Ulster's most consistent 2nd row and has represented Ireland A this season. While not in Cullen or Hines' class, he's more than capable of beating out an ageing Mal O'Kelly, a stagnating Davin Toner and an out of favour Trevor hogan to a bench spot. With Cullen and Hines likely to miss time due to international duty, O'Donoghue will play a lot of rugby.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (snoopy snoopy dog dog @ Feb 23 2010, 01:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Bullitt @ Feb 23 2010, 01:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Doubt hit - he's Ulster's most consistent 2nd row and has represented Ireland A this season. While not in Cullen or Hines' class, he's more than capable of beating out an ageing Mal O'Kelly, a stagnating Davin Toner and an out of favour Trevor hogan to a bench spot. With Cullen and Hines likely to miss time due to international duty, O'Donoghue will play a lot of rugby.
[/b][/quote]
Snoop is any Leinster players rumoured to be leaving as while it great to have big squad ye seem to be gaining to much and with Academy players it alot of contracts & money.

I don't know if anybody's leaving but I'd imagine O'Kelly, Dempsey and Jackman will be considering retirement. Keane has fallen way down the scrum half pecking order and could be fit for the chop. Same goes for Simon Keogh (a player I hugely admire) who's fallen behind quite a few other wingers. A few younger players like David Kearney and Eoin O'Malley may opt to move for more rugby.

Simon Keogh forgot about him and he's not a bad playr it just never worked out since he returned from England.

Wouldn't likes of him, Trevor Hogan and few be better off going to Connacht for game time and they'd be big players for Connacht.

Having lost Isaac Boss to Leinster, Ulster are searching hard for a new scrumhalf. Mike Blair and Dwayne Peel had a look but decided to remain where they are. Ruairi Cushion has been linked with a move from Plymouth but he's not the star player the nordies are looking for. Ulster spoke to Peter Stringer about moving north but were put off by wage demands. The same goes for Ruan Pienaar. The latest rumour is that they're talking to another player from the Sharks to fill the role. Rory Kockott?

Tom Court is being looked at by a couple of clubs in France.

Ulster are after getting money in so why are they loosing players, Is Court out of contract or what and a move to France will improve him as a player but would it damage his International hopes.

Saints have signed England Saxons prop Tom Mercey from<strike> South Africa</strike> Saracens

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jockstrap @ Feb 22 2010, 08:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Munster are arguably the top team in Europe so it's not totally out of the question, imo the main reason Parisse wouldn't leave Stade is the lifestyle, being treated like a king over there and all that.[/b]

And more generally being the captain of the team, not having to live under the rain all year long, living 3 hours away from Rome, having a french supermodel girlfriend...
I don't see it happening at all.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (elgringoborracho @ Feb 25 2010, 11:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
What will happen Kelleher??

Weepu is a very good scrum-half and I've followed him closely since he played the B&I Lions with NZ Maori.

Strange he deciding to leave before World Cup as he will make the squad in my opinion.

As for Parisse, the only reason Stade may get rid of him is due to him being a big earner with regard the salary cap and the quota of French players that must be in a team eventually coming in but if that were the case they'd get rid of few scottish imorts, Haskell and the Bergamasco brothers ahead of Parisse I would think.

But it nearly certain he probably won't come to Ireland any way as IF Stade did release him Toulon or someone with big money will snap him up

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (munstermuffin @ Feb 25 2010, 12:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (elgringoborracho @ Feb 25 2010, 11:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Weepu is a very good scrum-half and I've followed him closely since he played the B&I Lions with NZ Maori.

Strange he deciding to leave before World Cup as he will make the squad in my opinion.

As for Parisse, the only reason Stade may get rid of him is due to him being a big earner with regard the salary cap and the quota of French players that must be in a team eventually coming in but if that were the case they'd get rid of few scottish imorts, Haskell and the Bergamasco brothers ahead of Parisse I would think.

But it nearly certain he probably won't come to Ireland any way as IF Stade did release him Toulon or someone with big money will snap him up
[/b][/quote]

I think Weepu's out of favour with Henry, for reasons best known. Leonard and Ellis are ****. Cowan is tidy but nothing amazing, and always gets in fights. Plus Piri has a massive arse and leads a good haka... whatt more do they need?

Still can't imagin him leaving like i know he's not first choice but in a World Cup year injuries etc it strange.

Heard rumours he may be going to the NRL but presume that is BS.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (munstermuffin @ Feb 24 2010, 10:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Ulster are after getting money in so why are they loosing players, Is Court out of contract or what and a move to France will improve him as a player but would it damage his International hopes.[/b]
Just because a team have money, it's not going to stop departures. Leinster are one of the best funded teams in Europe yet they lost Felipe Contepomi, Rocky Elsom and Chris Whitaker (three high earners) at the end of last season. Ed O'Donoghue is essentially being replaced by Johann Muller and must feel that he'll better his career being a backup at Leinster rather than a backup at Ulster. Isaac Boss wants to get back in the international fold. Even though he's playing well with Ulster, he's out of the picture so he must feel he can force Declan Kidney's hand by trying to take Eoin Reddan's place with Leinster. Court is pushing 30 so he's trying to maximise his earning power ahead of a last big contract. I don't know how accurate the rumour of him leaving is but it has been mentioned. BJ Botha wants to play in the World Cup. All departing (or possibly departing) players have good reasons for doing so.

The Rory Kockott to Ulster rumour gathers pace. Ulster are a Dublin team apparently!:
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
http://www.sharksworld.co.za/2010/02/25/an...nked-to-ulster/
Just a few day's after John Plumtree's admission in the press that Rory Kockott lacks the "passing game" to seriously be considered ahead of Ruan Pienaar for the Sharks number 9 jersey, comes a rumour linking Kockott to a move to Ulster.

There is no shortage of former Sharks at Ravenhill, with BJ Botha currently there and Johann Muller on his way after the Super 14. The Irishmen are pretty desperate to sign a quality scrumhalf, having lost Isaac Boss to Leinster. They apparently spoke to Pienaar as well, but his wage demands ruled him out.

Nothing is firm at this stage, of course, as these are just rumours, but it's really not too surprising that Rory Kockott is starting to look around a little. We've been lead to believe that a certain Supersport commentator, himself a former Ulster representative, may have been doing a spot of moonlighting in Durban on behalf of the Dublin team.[/b]

Eoghan Hickey back to Connacht from Wasps.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (snoopy snoopy dog dog @ Feb 25 2010, 04:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (munstermuffin @ Feb 24 2010, 10:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ulster are after getting money in so why are they loosing players, Is Court out of contract or what and a move to France will improve him as a player but would it damage his International hopes.[/b]
Just because a team have money, it's not going to stop departures. Leinster are one of the best funded teams in Europe yet they lost Felipe Contepomi, Rocky Elsom and Chris Whitaker (three high earners) at the end of last season. Ed O'Donoghue is essentially being replaced by Johann Muller and must feel that he'll better his career being a backup at Leinster rather than a backup at Ulster. Isaac Boss wants to get back in the international fold. Even though he's playing well with Ulster, he's out of the picture so he must feel he can force Declan Kidney's hand by trying to take Eoin Reddan's place with Leinster. Court is pushing 30 so he's trying to maximise his earning power ahead of a last big contract. I don't know how accurate the rumour of him leaving is but it has been mentioned. BJ Botha wants to play in the World Cup. All departing (or possibly departing) players have good reasons for doing so.

The Rory Kockott to Ulster rumour gathers pace. Ulster are a Dublin team apparently!:
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
http://www.sharksworld.co.za/2010/02/25/an...nked-to-ulster/
Just a few day's after John Plumtree's admission in the press that Rory Kockott lacks the "passing game" to seriously be considered ahead of Ruan Pienaar for the Sharks number 9 jersey, comes a rumour linking Kockott to a move to Ulster.

There is no shortage of former Sharks at Ravenhill, with BJ Botha currently there and Johann Muller on his way after the Super 14. The Irishmen are pretty desperate to sign a quality scrumhalf, having lost Isaac Boss to Leinster. They apparently spoke to Pienaar as well, but his wage demands ruled him out.

Nothing is firm at this stage, of course, as these are just rumours, but it's really not too surprising that Rory Kockott is starting to look around a little. We've been lead to believe that a certain Supersport commentator, himself a former Ulster representative, may have been doing a spot of moonlighting in Durban on behalf of the Dublin team.[/b]

Eoghan Hickey back to Connacht from Wasps.
[/b][/quote]
Hickey is a nice player and will boost Connacht.

But Snoop I understand your point but like Ulster are loosing Boss and in my opinion it a big gamble because if he doesn't oust Reddan then his career is practically on hold.
But I understand SH players (Elsom, Botha etc) that return to play in national side but like it just puzzles me they are loosing alot and fair they have signed Muller but I just worry this could disrupt the progression of this improving Ulster side.
And with like of Munster and Leinster who have wallets of cash, the difference is in my opinion while it does effect Munster and Leinster the effect isn't as bad as there is talent coming in at a very high standard.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (munstermuffin @ Feb 25 2010, 10:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Saints have signed England Saxons prop Tom Mercey from<strike> South Africa</strike> Saracens[/b]

Cracking signing.

Saints are becoming the Aston Villa of rugby, so many good young English players.

Also, Michael Lipman is on his way to Melbourne to join Cipriani

Ah good, close to old mate Harrison who'll sort him out with a fix whenever he's losing his buzz.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Bullitt @ Feb 25 2010, 06:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Ah good, close to old mate Harrison who'll sort him out with a fix whenever he's losing his buzz.[/b]

If he's happy to travel 294 miles every time :p

For the second time in history, disgraced Englishmen seem to be being shipped off to Australia...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (gingergenius @ Feb 25 2010, 08:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Bullitt @ Feb 25 2010, 06:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ah good, close to old mate Harrison who'll sort him out with a fix whenever he's losing his buzz.[/b]

If he's happy to travel 294 miles every time :p

For the second time in history, disgraced Englishmen seem to be being shipped off to Australia...
[/b][/quote]
294miles :eek: Good old AA Route Planner :p

But yeah the Saints are really going to be a team to take serious for years to come if they continue progressing like they are

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (gingergenius @ Feb 26 2010, 01:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (munstermuffin @ Feb 25 2010, 12:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (elgringoborracho @ Feb 25 2010, 11:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/b][/quote]

I think Weepu's out of favour with Henry, for reasons best known. Leonard and Ellis are ****. Cowan is tidy but nothing amazing, and always gets in fights. Plus Piri has a massive arse and leads a good haka... whatt more do they need?
[/b][/quote]
WHAT!?!?! Weepu was my pick as starting scrum half for the RWC. This is BS if it's true. He has a very good chance of being in the squad, so leaving now would be so stupid. That being said there is a well known problem between Weepu and Henry, however that really shouldn't come into consideration for the RWC...

I'm fricking gutted if this is true.

Latest posts