• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Transfers rumours

Ruddock should have gone to Munster, who does he have more chance of displacing Leamy or O'Brien?
I don't know if I agree with you. Ruddock is 20/21 and has captained Leinster on multiple occasions. He's already been capped by Ireland and has played in the Heineken Cup. It's not as though his career has stalled. At Munster his prospects of captaining that side would be lower since they have Peter O'Mahoney. I wouldn't begrudge him moving though.

Conor O'Shea made a good point about why young Leinster players (eg Ruddock) don't want to move elsewhere, like Connacht, for gametime. Go to Connacht and you'll lose most games you play in. Stay at Leinster, make a breakthrough into the squad and you're straight in the Ireland reckoning.

doubt Berquist is a loss at all, nobody would notice
Given how Madigan has stepped up, I agree.

He would be a good replacement for Downey thats for sure. Davies and Pisi in the centres would an awesome partnership, they'd tear it up.

Word on the street is that Brad 'ledgebag' Thorn has now signed for Leinster and they're just holding off going public till all the loose ends are tied up. Nosh.

It's alot of Bull from what I've heard (almost directly from player). He has a new contract negotiation coming up and well it's simply "if I don't get a central contract, then I want money". Won't slate him there as well I feel his problem isn't with Munster but Ireland, He has earned his spot here and is in fabulous form but because Donnacha O'Callaghan has a central contract and not Ryan then IRFU prefer to flog DOC as he is on more money and is in the way of Ryan being #4 in green.
Now I can say his contract (only a provincal contract) is up but can't see him earning a whole load more in Dublin and well if it a central contract he earns then money is same regardless of province. And well if he went to Dublin he wouldn't be same as his heart just wouldn't be in it in same way if Heaslip or someone came here. Once you pass 24/25 swapping provinces isn't the same as unless it's your home or starting off province your heart just isn't in it.
Add in Micko has said he'll 99.9% retire in May and there will be a few squad players cut so can't see D.Ryan leaving and well if ye are to get Nagle I think it'll have to be this summer.

Alot depends too on Tony McGahan's contract which runs out in Summer too.

that is contract situation sounds very confusing

maybe not Ryan, but I can see Leinster signing a new experienced but on the verge of retirement lock on a long term contract for next season, perhaps Caldwell or somebody
It's one area I think they're awful in terms of depth. Think they'd want an international class player as Cullen is on last legs and well I wouldn't be surprised to see NIQ spot used on a big name.

does anybody know anything about the rumours that Deiniol Jones, Taufa'ao Filise, Paul ***o could all be leaving the Blues

Filise will be the only one that would be missed.

Deiniol is now at a stage where he should bow out gracefully and help develop the youngsters in the Welsh Prem. ***o has been poor also. When he arrived with Rush and Blair they were instrumental in helping bringing through some of the players now at Cardiff. But in reality with the wage cap looming, best to cut him and develop the likes of Cook, Allen, Screech and Down. Ben Blair contract won't be renewed also, Blues tried cancelling his contract because of injury but a combination of Blair's legal team and Blair's stubborness saw him pay for his own rehab work to prove the Blues wrong.

Another one I have heard, Gav could be going back to the Ospreys. Brunnell has been an idiot to him apparently and wants rid also Gatland sent him back to play for the Blues and Brunnell was quite annoyed that he had to play him.

Last edited:
I have hear Filise is considering retirement and Sweeney is of to Pontypridd has his contract is not being renewed, Blair could be on his way and also ***o and Jones would not be loses in my eyes if they do go as the players there seem good enough, as for the Henson case not heard anything about him wanting to leave he has not been playing because he has been with the Wales squad when he is fit he has pretty much played.

This is off the arms park fans forum site:

In
Jason Tovey (Dragons - 2 years)

Out
Casey Laulala (Munster)

Re-signed
N/A
Rumoured - In
Rhys Gill (Saracens), Gareth Delve (Melbourne Rebels), Effion Lewis-Roberts (Toulon)

From Acadamay: Harry Robinson (wing), Macauley Cook (second row), Luke Hamilton (lock/flanker), Thomas Young (flanker), Rhys Patchell (fly half/full back) Owen Williams (centre/wing)

Rumoured - Out
Dan Parks (Connacht as a player/coach), Gethin Jenkins (Bath, Touon), Deiniol Jones (The Dragons), Maama Molitika, Tao Felise, Ben Blair, Paul ***o, Martyn Williams, Xavier Rush (All possible retirements)

Last edited:
I think with the emergence of Cuthbert, and also Harry Robinson as well as wings already there Czekaj and James will push out Richard Mustoe, Dragons may be interested in him

I have hear Filise is considering retirement and Sweeney is of to Pontypridd has his contract is not being renewed, Blair could be on his way and also ***o and Jones would not be loses in my eyes if they do go as the players there seem good enough, as for the Henson case not heard anything about him wanting to leave he has not been playing because he has been with the Wales squad when he is fit he has pretty much played.

This is off the arms park fans forum site:

In
Jason Tovey (Dragons - 2 years)

Out
Casey Laulala (Munster)

Re-signed
N/A
Rumoured - In
Rhys Gill (Saracens), Gareth Delve (Melbourne Rebels), Effion Lewis-Roberts (Toulon)

From Acadamay: Harry Robinson (wing), Macauley Cook (second row), Luke Hamilton (lock/flanker), Thomas Young (flanker), Rhys Patchell (fly half/full back) Owen Williams (centre/wing)

Rumoured - Out
Dan Parks (Connacht as a player/coach), Gethin Jenkins (Bath, Touon), Deiniol Jones (The Dragons), Maama Molitika, Tao Felise, Ben Blair, Paul ***o, Martyn Williams, Xavier Rush (All possible retirements)

Martyn has said he's retiring and I'm sure I've heard the same thing about Filise, and I'd imagine ***o'll do the same thing. Not sure Deiniol Jones to the Dragons would be a good move for either party- he's about 86, and where near the Blues team, although Scott Morgan has worked out as a respectable signing, I suppose. Doubt we'll see Delve come to the Blues unless they make a packet off Geth & Parks, and to be honest, I'd rather they just keep hold of Gethin, although Gill would be a terrific signing for both parties, especially if Gethin is on the way out.

According to the Bath Chronicle we're no longer interested in Jenkins. (FAIL as he can at least scrummage... unlike Flatman, Catt and Beech, who won't go far enough and as soon as there is an injury we'll have some moaning article from Geech saying how injury has hit us hard at loosehead waffle waffle waffle).

Other rumours seem to link us to Ben Morgan, but then said rumours have also said that Glaws are in the running and a much more likely to get him. Dominic Day has also been linked to us although he's now making noises about staying with Scarlets... and apparently A.N.Other player apparently of high repute has told Bath to shove it in the face of moving to us.

[runs off into the sunset mumbling about the owner of his, having too much money and not enough sense, SIM being a crap coach and not particularly wanting to watch game on saturday etc etc]

Martyn has said he's retiring and I'm sure I've heard the same thing about Filise, and I'd imagine ***o'll do the same thing. Not sure Deiniol Jones to the Dragons would be a good move for either party- he's about 86, and where near the Blues team, although Scott Morgan has worked out as a respectable signing, I suppose. Doubt we'll see Delve come to the Blues unless they make a packet off Geth & Parks, and to be honest, I'd rather they just keep hold of Gethin, although Gill would be a terrific signing for both parties, especially if Gethin is on the way out.

I am resigned to losing Gethin at the moment its not looking good and I think Parks will go, with the players retiring there should be funds available for wages but I am not to sure who they are going to bring in.

I do believe Delve is going to France so that one out of the water but the Gill one I can see happening he wants to come back to Wales and we will be looking for a replacement for Gethin.
I think with the emergence of Cuthbert, and also Harry Robinson as well as wings already there Czekaj and James will push out Richard Mustoe, Dragons may be interested in him

I think Czekaj will stay as back up full back tbh as he has been playing there a lot while Halfpenny was at the World Cup and Blair was injured and Blair seems set to leave as well, I cant see Mustoe leaving he always tends to be around the squad.

Remember, Cardiff took Mustoe from us in the first place. I'd like him back. He is a good club player who never plays less than 100%. Not the fastest, but you know if you pick him he will play.

Huw Bennett to Blues is a new one, would be a good move for both, with TRT always injured and the reserve hookers being dire. Dacey and Rhys Williams have both had injury problems, and could push for a team spot down the line.

If the Blues academy boys can step up, they'll be fine. Owen Williams was a good lad for the U20's and quite a try scorer for the Sevens. Patchell is up-and-down, but shown glimpses of his talent. Hopefully he will be in the JWC this year. Hamilton is another with a bright future. Not afraid of the dirty work, and a big lad already.

Anyone able to shine a bit of light on Henson/Burnell? From what I gather, Henson has worked hard in training for Wales and Cardiff and Gatland has had no complaints.

Latest posts