• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Transfers rumours

Possibility of Piutau moving to the ap on a one year deal before his contract with Ulster- could be linked to Wasps given his connections to Halia and Hughes.
Holy hell what a backline that would be... Simpson, Lozowski, Halai, Leiua, Daly, Wade, Piutau- that would rival Bath's for individual talent

When does his Ulster contract start?

July 2016 I think- obviously he riled up the NZ union by taking up the contract, losing the likes of Carter/Nonu is one thing, but Piutau is supposed to be part of the next gen. Still I'm not going to complain if it means I can watch him live next year, he'd be a big boon for Wasps, since imo fullback is a bit of a weak area for them (if they want to compete at top end of table)- he's a bit similar to Daly actually being able to play wing/fb/outside centre at a stretch, good utility option.

Don't see the point of bringing in a player for only one year surely better to give game time to a player who might longer.

Unless as a injury replacement that is.

Can't see Ulster being happy if he goes to a Euro rival.

Don't see the point of bringing in a player for only one year surely better to give game time to a player who might longer.

Unless as a injury replacement that is.

Can't see Ulster being happy if he goes to a Euro rival.

true enough- might be pretty commercially astute (if nothing else) for Wasps to bring in a current all black in their first season in Coventry- could be a decent crowd puller. Miller has been a bit meh so far and Masi is a bit past it now- I certainly wouldn't turn a guy like Piutau down, if only for the year.

I wouldn't say no I we could do with a short term marquee back for a season if we are targeting players for the 2016/17 season.

It would Allow Tait to be played more at 13 for the time being and Manu @ 12.

Miller has been very good in attack, and I can only see that improving with Blackett in place. However, his defence is dire, and it seems to be attitude as well as positioning.

Piutau to Cockroaches is pretty much confirmed as by the most reliable Ulster fan out there.

I'd imagine Ulster would prefer this not to be happening, but there's sfa they can do about it most like, so take the positives of him getting used to NH rugby on someone else's money and hope nothing horrendous happens.

I'd imagine Ulster would prefer this not to be happening, but there's sfa they can do about it most like, so take the positives of him getting used to NH rugby on someone else's money and hope nothing horrendous happens.

Like the Roaches offering him more cash than Ulster?

Piutau to Cockroaches is pretty much confirmed as by the most reliable Ulster fan out there.

In which case you prob won't ever see Piatau.

Say bye bye. ;)

Like the Roaches offering him more cash than Ulster?

Nah, injury.

If someone wants to give Ulster full compensation for Piutau's contract, I'm game. He's a gigantic talent, but the backline isn't really Ulster's problem.

Nah, injury.

If someone wants to give Ulster full compensation for Piutau's contract, I'm game. He's a gigantic talent, but the backline isn't really Ulster's problem.

i'd have to agree
as much as i dont want a xavier rush repeat if someone is going to dump alot of money on us for him then im game.

I bet you'd be less happy if you have that money assigned to him then at the last minute you have a ton of money to spend on a last minute z-lister...

I bet you'd be less happy if you have that money assigned to him then at the last minute you have a ton of money to spend on a last minute z-lister...

worked out well enough last time. just after a world cup might be a few decent picks to be had for a big pay out

Contracts can be broken without having to pay compensation.

Of the top of my Head.

Goneva and Tait had both signed for other clubs but then both refused to acknowledge it.

Goneva just didn't turn up on his contract with Castres.

We don't need to recruit a back three player if he doesn't come so there's nothing stopping Ulster from banking the money and waiting a season.

Tbh the only mystifying part of Piutau - ok, other than nabbing a more or less starting AB in his prime - is that Ulster would choose to take a back 3/centre player out of the NIQ slots.

Contracts can be broken without having to pay compensation.

Of the top of my Head.

Goneva and Tait had both signed for other clubs but then both refused to acknowledge it.

Goneva just didn't turn up on his contract with Castres.

Most likely those cases involve the player privately playing compensation.

Lets be honest though, he's probably not staying there.

Latest posts