• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Transfers rumours

Manu is a serious bums on seats player. Injury dependant of course, and I'd not be surprised if any contract he receives now will come with a pay per game type clause (no doubt a decent baseline too).

Manu is a serious bums on seats player. Injury dependant of course, and I'd not be surprised if any contract he receives now will come with a pay per game type clause (no doubt a decent baseline too).

True, I mean there's no doubt he fits with what the new management group are trying to do in the 'Ricoh era'. It all does come back to building a brand and yes, Manu could help with that!

One of these days we're going to wake up and realise that with the squad we're building - we're going to need better coaches!
@Tigs Man - Meh; Not sure who would really want Nadolo that badly? Manu is far better on form, imo

Last edited by a moderator:
Manu on form maybe but as said he hasn't played 15 games in 2 seasons.

There is still a risk he might never be the same force he once was, Would like to keep him but needs to make sure risk isn't to high.

Our forwards in general have excellent depth but i wouldn't be surprised if Cockers is planning to sign a big name LH in the next couple of seasons.

Backs well Toomua was at Welford Road last weekend watching the wasps game so hopeful we might snag him.

Would of thought Wasps might be suited in signing either a Big name Hooker or maybe a big name lock (Or Both).

Manu on form maybe but as said he hasn't played 15 games in 2 seasons.

There is still a risk he might never be the same force he once was, Would like to keep him but needs to make sure risk isn't to high.

Our forwards in general have excellent depth but i wouldn't be surprised if Cockers is planning to sign a big name LH in the next couple of seasons.

Backs well Toomua was at Welford Road last weekend watching the wasps game so hopeful we might snag him.

Would of thought Wasps might be suited in signing either a Big name Hooker or maybe a big name lock (Or Both).

I think Manu is worth the risk though. at his best he's nigh on unplayable. Nadolo and Bastareud might be slightly bigger (not much) but they have no agility. Tuilagi has a unique combination there.

As for Wasps, we've got some immense competition at lock with some big names already. Joe Launchbury, Bradley Davies, James Gaskell (in the form of his life) and Kearnan Myall.
As for Hooker, we're banking on Ashley Johnsons conversion turning out well there it seems. We really need him on the pitch because of his breakdown and carrying work. Festuccia is a good player too. Perhaps agree we should have enough option for depth - if one of those two is injured not sure where we go to next, but I'm more than happy with those two right now.

It might for wasps who have shed loads of dos.

Other than Launchbury wouldn't really call them big names Just saying.

Considering the likes of Bath are going after Charteris or Gray.

And Moore has said he wouldn't mind going to the AP, just would have thought Wasps might be Moore interested.

Just going from what I have seen when I have watched Wasps.

It might for wasps who have shed loads of dos.

Other than Launchbury wouldn't really call them big names Just saying.

Considering the likes of Bath are going after Charteris or Gray.

Bradley Davies has been a strong signing for us and I think of him as being quite a big name. I don't think there's much to choose from between him and the ones Bath are after.

And Moore has said he wouldn't mind going to the AP, just would have thought Wasps might be Moore interested.

Just going from what I have seen when I have watched Wasps.

Lol.. Yeah, I'm not going to say no to a bit Moore! Thing is, Wasps have had bigger issues in Midfield and I think the reason Manu is being looked at is that like England we still don't know what our best midfield is. Leiua hasn't really found his feet in the premiership, Masi is being seen more as a full-back it seems, and we don't have any carriers.

Bradley Davies is a pretty big name at lock, Gaskell is doing bloody well too. We need another hooker soon, Festy will only last so long.

Dai I think is doing fairly well, Lee Blackett is one of the best coaching prospects in English rugby (apparently), just defence we need to look at, and that wasn't awful yesterday.

Manu at 12, and perhaps try and grab Kvesic to replace Smith next season? When is Kevs contract over, seem to recall him signing up for 3 more seasons recently?

I think your biggest issue with the backs is the coaching ATM like England.

What has happened to the general play compare to last year? guess it takes time.

Kvesic signed at least a deal last season so wont be out till at least end of next season earliest.

Lee Blackett definitely needs timeto bed his ideas in and I'm prepared to give him that. But against Tiggers it looked like many of the players had never met - "You passing to me!??"

I expect that when Kvesic leaves Gloucester (if he does) he'd be courted by most English clubs immediately.

Just wondering when do you think Wades defence starts to become an issue?

Haven't watched much of him this season but against Leicester he bottled out of defence a few time.

Someone suggested to me that against Quins he looked injured with how he approached the contact. He was very physical against Glaws, hit May very hard once or twice, and looked good overall. Would still prefer him to go low at times

Wade hasn't looked himself generally..

but this aside I can't see it ever come to be a problem in club rugby. He's rarely exposed one on one and he can usually flap around long enough for others to come and help out. In short is attack is always going to be enough for any AP side, even with the indifferent defending. International Rugby is another matter entirely.

Mike Ford has stated openly that he has lots of cash available and is looking for a back row.

Problem is all the good ones are signed, will be intriguing how it plays out...

Charteris seems to be very close to being a done deal.

And so it starts...

Dave Denton to Bath apparently, if it's true that's a great signing.

Manu at 12, and perhaps try and grab Kvesic to replace Smith next season? When is Kevs contract over, seem to recall him signing up for 3 more seasons recently?

Is that the intention? Or do Wasps see Daly moving to 15? Would be a shame to stick him at fullback. Could definitely be a challenger for JJ's 13 jersey.

Is that the intention? Or do Wasps see Daly moving to 15? Would be a shame to stick him at fullback. Could definitely be a challenger for JJ's 13 jersey.

What is everyone's obsession with moving manu to 12. The man won't pass at 13 so at 12 it's just going to get worse. He is a limited but very effective crash ball 13.

Has he said he wants to play 12?

He said he would for England, basically he is dangerous but JJ has his place. I'd be happy to see him play a limited game at 12, especially if he got played there for his club.

Latest posts