• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Transfers rumours

IRFU not getting anywhere near Rob Kearney's demands.

Shows a where the CC system falls a bit, in RK we have one of the form 15s in the world (one of the few players in Ireland who maintained/improved upon his form last year) but we can't offer him a worthy contract as his age profile isn't great, Leinster and Ireland could suffer the next two years because of it.

IRFU not getting anywhere near Rob Kearney's demands.

Shows a where the CC system falls a bit, in RK we have one of the form 15s in the world (one of the few players in Ireland who maintained/improved upon his form last year) but we can't offer him a worthy contract as his age profile isn't great, Leinster and Ireland could suffer the next two years because of it.
Leinster will lose out because of this but honestly if I was the IRFU I wouldn't be offering him a central contract either. He's 33 and fairly injury prone. He definitely won't be around for the next World Cup and we badly need other players to play 15, the only other two players to play any significant amount of time at fullback for Ireland over the last 8 years are Zebo and Payne and they're both out of the picture now.

Would be terrible for Leinster, other than Larmour (who's better on the wing) we don't have a single other fullback who's anywhere near Heineken Cup standard but given that Ringrose, James Ryan, Josh Van Der Flier, Jacob Stockdale (I think) and Dan Leavy are all not on central contracts and will all need to be bumped up whenever their current deals expire I think it makes sense. Short term loss but he probably isn't worth what he wants (to Ireland and he's not going to accept a provincial offer from Leinster.)

He deserves his payday in France either way.

Leinster will lose out because of this but honestly if I was the IRFU I wouldn't be offering him a central contract either. He's 33 and fairly injury prone. He definitely won't be around for the next World Cup and we badly need other players to play 15, the only other two players to play any significant amount of time at fullback for Ireland over the last 8 years are Zebo and Payne and they're both out of the picture now.

Would be terrible for Leinster, other than Larmour (who's better on the wing) we don't have a single other fullback who's anywhere near Heineken Cup standard but given that Ringrose, James Ryan, Josh Van Der Flier, Jacob Stockdale (I think) and Dan Leavy are all not on central contracts and will all need to be bumped up whenever their current deals expire I think it makes sense. Short term loss but he probably isn't worth what he wants (to Ireland and he's not going to accept a provincial offer from Leinster.)

He deserves his payday in France either way.
Add in realistically from an Irish POV he is not really required after RWC because it will be time to blood someone new in anyway.
It's more a problem for Leinster not Ireland being honest.

Add in realistically from an Irish POV he is not really required after RWC because it will be time to blood someone new in anyway.
It's more a problem for Leinster not Ireland being honest.
Exactly, it's a pity but that's how it goes sometimes.

^^^^
Sale Sharks got some kind of agreement with the Sharks? **** me if the Premiership isn't turning into the EPL.

Figure i'll throw in a few Aussie rumours:

Skelton and Nick White to return home for a tilt at the RWC, plus London Irish singing half the country.

^^^^
Sale Sharks got some kind of agreement with the Sharks? **** me if the Premiership isn't turning into the EPL.

Skelton and Nick White to return home for a tilt at the RWC, plus London Irish singing half the country.
Nic White's already confirmed he's going back to Aus, he's contracted until 2020 but Baxter's gave him permission to sign up to a franchise making him available for RWC19 selection..

^^^^

Skelton has been in great shape and form lately, he is nothing like the guy that first moved here. He would be a massive boost for Australia at the WC.

Also, Kerevi is rumoured to have signed with someone, somewhere.

Losing Kerevi and Folau in the same year is, to put it bluntly, fukcing catastrophic.

Have never seen anything of Ospreys new signing from Gloucester Gareth Evans... any good?

Yeah Evans is a really good club level player, I was surprised to see Gloucester release him

But I suppose with Morgan their starting 8, and their strength in depth in the backrow in general, he was always gonna struggle for game time going forwards

Yeah Evans is a really good club level player, I was surprised to see Gloucester release him

But I suppose with Morgan their starting 8, and their strength in depth in the backrow in general, he was always gonna struggle for game time going forwards

Sounds decent... and what with Ospreys struggles at 8 (Baker's injury horror and King isn't an 8 imo) I reckon there should be ample opportunity for him.

Skelton has been in great shape and form lately, he is nothing like the guy that first moved here. He would be a massive boost for Australia at the WC.
Sarries have done a fantastic job there.

Telling an established international that he's not fit enough for club rugby and keeping him onside while he turns it around is a great bit of man management and probably some peer pressure too.

For all the talk of Eng's 4 world class locks I'd love us to have a natural bruiser like Skelton.

Sarries have done a fantastic job there.

Telling an established international that he's not fit enough for club rugby and keeping him onside while he turns it around is a great bit of man management and probably some peer pressure too.

For all the talk of Eng's 4 world class locks I'd love us to have a natural bruiser like Skelton.
Currently, Skelton's the 2nd best lock playing in England after Kruis.

Irish chasing Mark Wilson as a replacement for Sean O'Brien, which makes a lot of sense tbf

Latest posts