• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

TRF 7's

Seeing as I've been included in the provisional squad thought I should probably chuck a post here :p definitely up for this! Was planning on making a trip to Ireland over the summer to visit some uni friends from County Mayo, so this gives me the perfect excuse to come over and I'll get to play some rugby too :D I'm turning 20 in July, so should be able to get the parents to fund me for this as a birthday present, plus come October I'm gonna have Erasmus chucking money at me so should be all good.
Anyone know prices for ferries from Holyhead to Dublin/Pembroke - Rosslaire (if that's easier to get to Athlone anyway)? Holyhead is a ***** to get to from Cardiff so that's gonna be a barrel of laughs!
Fair warning too guys, I haven't played rugby for about a year and a half so I'll have to get myself into some sort of shape before August :p

Anyone know the standard of rugby that's likely to be played there?
I've not played Union proper since year 9, only (very) social 7s and League since :lol:

Dibs being the girl who got her whole team kicked out for using roids.

Dibs being the one to nail the hot blonde bisexual solicitor.

That one:
christine_taylor_dodgeball_bIrPlNn.sized.jpg

Yes!
Before every match we have to line up like a haka and *clap clap* Hisssssssss
dodgeball.jpg

This place is getting odd. I don't know if I'm okay with this.

Seeing as I've been included in the provisional squad thought I should probably chuck a post here :p definitely up for this! Was planning on making a trip to Ireland over the summer to visit some uni friends from County Mayo, so this gives me the perfect excuse to come over and I'll get to play some rugby too :D I'm turning 20 in July, so should be able to get the parents to fund me for this as a birthday present, plus come October I'm gonna have Erasmus chucking money at me so should be all good.
Anyone know prices for ferries from Holyhead to Dublin/Pembroke - Rosslaire (if that's easier to get to Athlone anyway)? Holyhead is a ***** to get to from Cardiff so that's gonna be a barrel of laughs!
Fair warning too guys, I haven't played rugby for about a year and a half so I'll have to get myself into some sort of shape before August :p

I'm hoping to drive it with dear cyRil, so if you want to jump in the car with me and cover part of the ferry ride then we are on to a winner.

I've only just noticed that there's quite a few mannequins and dummies chilling in the dodgeball crowd...

I'm hoping to drive it with dear cyRil, so if you want to jump in the car with me and cover part of the ferry ride then we are on to a winner.

Awesome! Where you planning on meeting Cyril? Swansea/Aberystwyth shouldnt be too awkward for me to get to

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone else notice there's a €2000 prize...?

Ooooooh yyyeeeaaaahhh.

However this means people are going to be taking this vvveeerrryyy seriously :lol:

€1000 for the Juniors, which is what I'd assume we'll be entering.

Isn't the Juniors for age grade?

Oooh, actually:
Entry to the AR7's 2012 Men's Junior Competion is open to any Junior club or team of a Junior playing level looking for an exciting day of competitive rugby.
That's us! :D

The captain of the Athlone club is a unit as well (a Samoan who I wouldn't fancy playing against judging from his picture on the 7s site) so if we're not playing against them then that'd be....less painful

Last edited:
Junior is a standard over here, as opposed to underage.

I'd love to do this. I might be back in Aber for a bit over summer, but not sure which dates yet. I'm honestly not sure about playing though, I've spent the last 4 years sat in front of a computer pretty much 24/7 with only occasional gym sessions and a few bike rides in terms of exercise. I'm guessing that I'm massively unfit. Haven't played any competitive rugby since year 11 in school, and that was a loong time ago (11 years).

If I'm around, I'll join Cymro, Cyril and Thingimubob in the car over. I could maybe be emergency injury cover if needed. Is it rolling subs by any chance? Then I could do short stints followed by passing out on the touchline.

Latest posts