• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

TRF Custom Face Design Tracker

Jim546 or Jpilky hope you can assist I am a bit confused.
When I insert a face into the game (Previous designed faces with same id) it shows the face as diagonal lines but a certain camera angle the face shows correctly what may cause this.

Hi Jim546

As per pictures below PS du Toit shows perfectly when Camera zoom in

EA SPORTS™ Rugby 08 29_06_2022 10_17_28 (1).png

But when the camera zoom out or in game play you wil get this type of face
And i used the same file as per design tracker what i see is the larger files from 800 on ward seem to have this problem most of the 300 region files is fine

EA SPORTS™ Rugby 08 29_06_2022 10_18_04.png

Hi All

I am struggling a bit with (otools-release-0175) it keeps on crashing

Screenshot 06_07_2022 11_50_56.png

OTools GUI 0.175 06_07_2022 11_51_23.png

I have deleted and downloaded program several times without any luck
would appreciate any assistances

JPilky can you kindly assist with following

When I create a face my end size of Big file is 911kb I realize some of your faces is only 300kb what can I do to make file size smaller
Looking forward to hear from you

Guys can you please send me th latest international kits and maybe a newer roster please

When I create a face my end size of Big file is 911kb I realize some of your faces is only 300kb what can I do to make file size smaller
Looking forward to hear from you
How many vertices are in your model, and what dimension are your texture file, eg. 256*256, 1024*1024 etc.

where do I check the vertices in the model
I also use 512*512 textures, the vertices should show at the bottom-right of Blender, here's one of mine as an example, the menu may be hidden for you but you can "drag up" from the bottom of the screen to show it:
verts.png
In Facebuilder you can switch from high, medium and low poly modes, lower poly modes reduces the number of vertices and therefore your file size, but it also reduces the detail of your model.

With Rugby 08 because you view the heads from quite far away you don't need much detail on the model, A good texture is more inportant. I find modelling in high-poly mode, then switching to low-poly mode before exporting to R08 works well. With a low poly head and 512*512 texture, my head files are about 320kb big.

Guys can you please send me th latest international kits and maybe a newer roster please
https://www.therugbyforum.com/threads/2022-23-kit-updates.48571/

Luke Jacobsen from New Zealand
Having a lot of problems with O'tools not exporting model with Skeleton my holding point at this stage to get finished faces into game

Luke Jacobsen.pngLuke Jacobsen 2.png

Having a lot of problems with O'tools not exporting model with Skeleton my holding point at this stage to get finished faces into game
The models should all use the same skeleton, you can copy/paste it from another project if you have one available or use the one I've uploaded below.

Edit: Just looked at your photos above of OTools, try turning off "Folder" mode on the input directory change the input to your .o file not its folder, for example:

Untitled.png

Attachments

• Skeleton.zip
    138.4 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Thank you
The models should all use the same skeleton, you can copy/paste it from another project if you have one available or use the one I've uploaded below.

Edit: Just looked at your photos above of OTools, try turning off "Folder" mode on the input directory change the input to your .o file not its folder, for example:

View attachment 14313
Thank you Jim546 appreciate will give it a go

Hi Jim546

As per pictures below PS du Toit shows perfectly when Camera zoom in

View attachment 14158

And i used the same file as per design tracker what i see is the larger files from 800 on ward seem to have this problem most of the 300 region files is fine

View attachment 14159
Hi, did you ever get around with a "FIX" to this? I recently downloaded some faces and game does exactly the same - once zoomed in it shows face, zoomed out it goes orange...

Hi, did you ever get around with a "FIX" to this? I recently downloaded some faces and game does exactly the same - once zoomed in it shows face, zoomed out it goes orange...

Check what "Force LOD" is set to under the display options in your game. I've just replicated your errors by changing it to "Off". Switching LOD to "High" seems to fix it.

I think it's because the custom textures don't have any mipmaps with them. When you switch to low LOD the game sees the large base texture for the head and tries to load a lower res version instead, which it can't find hence the "no texture" error you get.

Check what "Force LOD" is set to under the display options in your game. I've just replicated your errors by changing it to "Off". Switching LOD to "High" seems to fix it.

I think it's because the custom textures don't have any mipmaps with them. When you switch to low LOD the game sees the large base texture for the head and tries to load a lower res version instead, which it can't find hence the "no texture" error you get.
Tested it now with O.Farrel head and work perfect thank you x10000000
Blessing Jim546

Thanks again, it worked after switching LOD to "High"

Found an easier way to do vertex group assignments, using weights in Blender, the second half of this video is the most relevant:

For custom models I've got it to work by putting your new head onto the skeleton with empty weights then copy into the scene a head that already has assignments. Click on this head then shift-click your new one, then follow the video tutorial above, go to weight paint mode and press weights - transfer weights and select either "by name" or "by order" for "source layers" in the next sub-menu.

You can now delete the old head from the scene. If everything has copied properly, the vertexes that are assigned in a group should show as red sections on the head in weight paint mode.

Unfortunately you will need to clean up the groups following this method. In weight paint mode click weights and select "clean" then increase the clean threshold above 0.00 to remove errors in the assignments. This whole process should speed things up but it's not the cleanest method.

Latest posts