• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

TRF Facebuilder Video Tutorial

JPilky

Academy Player
Country Flag
England
Club or Nation
Gloucester
In this thread I'm setting out the current method I'm using for creating custom in-game face designs in Rugby 08. This is a work in progress but should deliver some great results. All the tools used are free with the exception of the facebuilder add-on for blender which only has a 15 day free trial therefore I suggest focusing on completing just steps one to three for as many players as possible and then you can work processing them through the rest of the steps to get in game in your own time.

Let me know if you have questions or anything is unclear.

Once you have completed a face design please share with the forum - https://www.therugbyforum.com/threads/trf-custom-face-design-tracker.47791/

With thanks to

This method is essentially working directly from jim546 blender facebuilder method so thanks to him for working out how to get this working (https://www.therugbyforum.com/threads/using-blender-to-add-custom-player-faces-to-rugby-08.47743/). Also thanks to Dmitri for introducing us to OTools for Rugby 08 and to the TRF modders in general.

More information

Before starting this process you need a clean version of the game. See Bristol Bears Gamer's tutorial here: www.youtube.com/watch?v=MvXS4t_NDZk (and here for custom resolution: www.youtube.com/watch?v=QpIhG7Xka8k)
You will also need a modded version of the game - select one of the two below (I'm using ama1's but see tutorial here using peter83's version - www.youtube.com/watch?v=baSpfV93GOs&t)
You will also need to download the following tools and add-ons
Before completing this method you might want to first familiarise yourself with a few of the tools:

Last edited:
In this thread I'm setting out the current method I'm using for creating custom in-game face designs in Rugby 08. This is a work in progress but should deliver some great results. All the tools used are free with the exception of the facebuilder add-on for blender which only has a 15 day free trial therefore I suggest focusing on completing just steps one to three for as many players as possible and then you can work processing them through the rest of the steps to get in game in your own time.

Once you have completed a face design please share with the forum - [I will link to a thread for tracking completed custom head designs here]

With thanks to

This method is essentially working directly from jim546 blender facebuilder method so thanks to him for working out how to get this working (https://www.therugbyforum.com/threads/using-blender-to-add-custom-player-faces-to-rugby-08.47743/). Also thanks to Dmitri for introducing us to OTools for Rugby 08 and to the TRF modders in general.

More information

Before starting this process you need a clean version of the game. See Bristol Bears Gamer's tutorial here: www.youtube.com/watch?v=MvXS4t_NDZk (and here for custom resolution: www.youtube.com/watch?v=QpIhG7Xka8k)
You will also need a modded version of the game - select one of the two below (I'm using ama1's but see tutorial here using peter83's version - www.youtube.com/watch?v=baSpfV93GOs&t) :
Before completing this method you might want to first familiarise yourself with a few of the tools:

Nice!!!

hey there!! I followed all the steps but when I pack the .o and .fsh files into .big and then put it in the game folder I can't see the new face while playing. i used ID 475 from a french guy... the new face looks great

hey there!! I followed all the steps but when I pack the .o and .fsh files into .big and then put it in the game folder I can't see the new face while playing. i used ID 475 from a french guy... the new face looks great
Check that it saved the ID when you edited in woosahs editor. I will check tomorrow if I have missed something for the face textures part (if I have I will edit and reupload video).

Hey bro I attach the blender .o .fsh .png .big files maybe you know whats going on... Original face: V.Dumitrescu ID 475... CyberFace Guido Petti (argentinian lock)

Attachments

• ID475.zip
    211 KB · Views: 6
  • Petti.zip
    2.5 MB · Views: 3
  • b.jpg
    b.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 7
  • Head without texture.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 3
  • Skeleton+Head.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 1
Hey bro I attach the blender .o .fsh .png .big files maybe you know whats going on... Original face: V.Dumitrescu ID 475... CyberFace Guido Petti (argentinian lock)
Nice - would be great to get some Argentinian player faces in the game

I had a look at the files - looks like you might have been using the big file b55c47646f6c90166fbafcb724d2dd78.big which is for Robert Sidoli (ID = 4693) but the big file you want is 1d5bca0854fa5ea449aca985d65bb9e9.big (V.Dumitrescu, ID = 475)

I've packaged up the model.o and textures.fsh in the 'Petti' zip folder (using bigGUI) into 1d5bca0854fa5ea449aca985d65bb9e9.big and used Woosah rooster editor to change Petti face to ID 475

Try the attached big file out and let me know if it works

Attachments

• Petti - V.Dumitrescu 475.zip
    2.2 MB · Views: 9
20210506_195931.jpgs***t my man guido looking good haha... still has some issues in his neck and top of the head but I'll use it that way... if you know how to fix it tell me please

Does anyone know the codes for installation
I just redownloaded it so I can add ama1s patch.

Please

Attachments

• 20210723_020235.jpg
    20210723_020235.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 10

Once you have completed a face design please share with the forum - https://www.therugbyforum.com/threads/trf-custom-face-design-tracker.47791/

With thanks to

More information

You will also need a modded version of the game - select one of the two below (I'm using ama1's but see tutorial here using peter83's version - www.youtube.com/watch?v=baSpfV93GOs&t)

Afternoon JPilky

I have free time so started with face builds following your video guidelines at Step 9 Export the objects from blender to GLIF Separate.
I highlight the face with skeleton select export folder I set to Seperate files but as soo as I select Export it throws out a error a idea what the problem might be
Thank you in advance

JPilky Please assist

I Follow the tutorial video step by step
I seem to get stuck all the time at Step 9
On the video when you export the Face and skeleton to your folders there is a Folder created TCurryskeleton2.gltf size 33kib created 21:39 that i dont have and I believe this is the holding point if you can kindly assist.

I have following faces at that point

1. Frans Malherbe
2. Frans Steyn
3. Duane Vermeulen
4. Malcolm Marx

Which version of Blender are you using? I had strange errors using v2.9, I think you can still download v2.8 which works for me.

Currently using version 3.0.
Its a struggle now going at it for 3 weeks almost there want to assist you gents building faces
will try version v2.8 thanks Jim546

Latest posts