• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

TRF Posters: Do they lift things? What do they lift?? Let's find out!

Pieter Steph du Teague

International
TRF Legend
Country Flag

England

Club or Nation

Exeter

Reckon that’s a career ender for Caron given his age.

Absolutely gutted for him though and am hoping I’m wrong.

big ginger 8

Hall of Fame
TRF Legend
Country Flag

Ireland

Club or Nation

Leinster

'The Heaviest Boxing Match Eva' about to start and now being streamed for free with no undercard haha. Out with a whimper, not with a bang.

TRF_Olyy

English Arrogance
Staff member
TRF Legend
TRF Supporter
Country Flag

England

Club or Nation

Sale

My stream's just spinning/loading - guess they didn't expect double figures of interest for it

Don't Skip Leg Day

First XV
TRF Legend
Country Flag

England

Club or Nation

Northampton

Was going to watch this but am so hammered so might just go bed and YouTube it to tomorrow morning

TRF_Olyy

English Arrogance
Staff member
TRF Legend
TRF Supporter
Country Flag

England

Club or Nation

Sale

Yeah, I've been periodically refreshing but no dice

According to twitter it's been very **** but both have been dropped
I'll catch the highlights later

Edit:
Seen some clips on twitter - unsurprisingly Eddie wasn't keeping his real training secret, and looks as dog **** in the fight as he does on his youtube videos
Almost like surrounding himself with yes men and not going to a real boxing gym, despite being in an part of the world with some of the best boxing gyms in the game, was....a bad idea?

Last edited:

LeinsterMan (NotTigsMan)

G.O.A.T
TRF Legend
Country Flag

Ireland

Club or Nation

Leicester

Yeah, I love it.

Really rate it for sleep/recovery and any cardiovascular activity. Not as good for S&C but it's not really the purpose.

The calorie tracker is shite but still highly recommend.

Interesting do you pair it with anyelse? Like a fitness watch or something?

Le Frére Alpha

Fat Boi
TRF Legend
Country Flag

Ireland

Club or Nation

Leinster

Interesting do you pair it with anyelse? Like a fitness watch or something?
No, I don't do any distance running or similar so have never found the need.

I'm currently on a 12 month subscription but will probably start doing 3 on and 1/2 off because you build intuition with.

die_mole

First XV
TRF Legend
Club or Nation

Bristol

they are a major sponsor on global cycling network so I see them all the time. I usually check my pulse and v02 in the morning with a pulsometer or I'll sleep with a wahoo on if I'm really in a training mood.

LeinsterMan (NotTigsMan)

G.O.A.T
TRF Legend
Country Flag

Ireland

Club or Nation

Leicester

Yeah, got a medium and should have got a large. I don't have big arms by rugby/gym standards so bear that in mind if you buy.

Right so XXXXL

Yeh that's a big selling point for me tbh, is the bicep band as well as just don't like the looks of Watches that aren't Old school looking.

The Oggmonster

First XV
TRF Legend
Country Flag

Sweden

Club or Nation

Glasgow

Has anyone tried vegan protein powder without any additives? I just bought pea protein isolate powder and it tastes bland as hell (unless I add a banana) but is way more natural and has less additives. I have always bought flavoured whey protein from amazon but most of them are rammed full of artificial sweeteners etc. and let's just say my digestive system didn't always agree with it.

RedruthRFC

First XV
TRF Legend
Country Flag

England

Club or Nation

England

I'd imagine unflavoured whey (or anything else for that matter) protein would be equally bland. A quick Google throws up all sorts of wheys (sorry) of adding flavour.

The Oggmonster

First XV
TRF Legend
Country Flag

Sweden

Club or Nation

Glasgow

I'd imagine unflavoured whey (or anything else for that matter) protein would be equally bland. A quick Google throws up all sorts of wheys (sorry) of adding flavour.

Yeah the flavour was one element. I've added frozen mango and berries before which works well. Was also curious to know if others have used vegan pea protein and if it's as effective as whey. Guess there's no whey of knowing until you've tried both.

Don't Skip Leg Day

First XV
TRF Legend
Country Flag

England

Club or Nation

Northampton

I used to use unflavoured whey and it was fine to taste as it taste of nothing much really.

Why you having vegan protein anyhow? Probably the worst diet choice out there especially for building muscle easily and cheaply. Is it a diet choice or intolerances?

The Oggmonster

First XV
TRF Legend
Country Flag

Sweden

Club or Nation

Glasgow

I used to use unflavoured whey and it was fine to taste as it taste of nothing much really.

Why you having vegan protein anyhow? Probably the worst diet choice out there especially for building muscle easily and cheaply. Is it a diet choice or intolerances?

More intolerance related I'd say. Whey seems to make my digestive system play up (I won't go into the details) and thought I'd give the pea protein a try. It wasn't expensive at all (£40 for 5kg) and I'll see if there is any difference once I've gone through it all.

Latest posts