• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

TRF Posters: Do they lift things? What do they lift?? Let's find out!

I'm off to giants live in Leeds later in the year. Me and my mates go every year, it's a great day/ night out.

That wheel of pain thing is nuts
Watched Shaw and Hall in a vid on it earlier

That wheel of pain thing is nuts
Watched Shaw and Hall in a vid on it earlier

Yeah saw that, always hilarious seeing Shaw interact with more regular sized humans. Your man Andy with him in that video is 6'3" I believe and he looks 4 inches shorter.

Pretty mad deadlifting. Pity Pritchett got injured early, think Shaw never got set properly for his 3rd lift. Thought Thor had the 501 for a second. Wonder will that attempt negatively effect him going forward.

Pretty mad deadlifting. Pity Pritchett got injured early, think Shaw never got set properly for his 3rd lift. Thought Thor had the 501 for a second. Wonder will that attempt negatively effect him going forward.

Shaw looked like he had no confidence going into that lift.

Hall's always been a deadlifter,
He's built way better for it than the giants like Shaw and Thor

Elephant bar definitely makes a big difference - Jujimufu trained like a madman to PR his regular deadlift at a comp. After that he barely touched deadlifts until he went to Iceland and touched an elephant bar for the first time and beat his PR at the end of a pretty big session.

Thor should smash the Husafell - it's as Icelandic as strongman gets.
Saw Shaw shoulder 202kg like it was ******* nothing on his Instagram, though, so who knows

Hall's always been a deadlifter,
He's built way better for it than the giants like Shaw and Thor

Elephant bar definitely makes a big difference - Jujimufu trained like a madman to PR his regular deadlift at a comp. After that he barely touched deadlifts until he went to Iceland and touched an elephant bar for the first time and beat his PR at the end of a pretty big session.

All whippy bars do - the full weight doesn't come into play until you're already a few inches higher than you'd normally start from the floor.

i'd imagine training for the husafel must be hell... really hard to replicate holding it

the breathing pattern being so important is fascinating

What is up with Shaw?
Looks out of it, nervous before his last lift and the stone.
Yeah that carry was not good at all
Wonder if he might call it a day, or transition to power lifting.
He spoke in one of his Q&As about how his age is coming in to play but he felt stronger than ever - strongman is more than static strength though

A lot of talk on reddit that Shaw may have torn his hamstring which would explain a lot.

A lot of talk on reddit that Shaw may have torn his hamstring which would explain a lot.
Good luck with the wheel of pain, if that's true

Can they skip events or do they have to drop out completely?
I know Brian wants the US log press record but he really shouldn't even look at the wheel with a bad hammy

Latest posts