• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

TRF Posters: Do they lift things? What do they lift?? Let's find out!

I've missed all this? What is the controversy?
Arnold Schwarzenegger was interviewed about following covid restrictions,
In it he mentioned people flouting the rules/not wearing masks/not getting vaxxed in the name of their "freedom" and said if your freedom endangers the lives of your fellow Americans then **** your freedom,
The flag waving brigade have latched onto the "**** your freedom" line and are now boycotting anything he's associated with, and Brian Shaw made a video of him whining about it and taking down the Arnold poster in his gym

Just another case of people wanting to ignore all context and getting riled up by soundbites

I guess it shouldn't come as any surprise that there's no shortage of idiots in an industry that allowed Joe Weider to make a fortune selling magazines telling you how to train like the pros and magic beans enabling you to eat like them, and it's nothing new, but it's still horrible to see so many terrible people in the world of strength sports.

It's a sad reflection of where strongman is at that I fully expected Shaw to go full WWE style and break the poster over his knee when he took it off his wall.

On the plus side, it puts an end to my struggle to make my mind up about Brian Shaw. I could make my peace with his personality bypass as there aren't loads of other options out there, but never liked the feeling that he would say / do anything for clicks. If his MO is to monetise **** opinions, I'm drawing the line. It's interesting that he things he has more to gain by enfranchising the flag shaggers than he does to lose from alienating anyone bright enough to understand that having "freedom" doesn't mean doing whatever TF you want without any thought for anyone else, plus any benefits of anything that comes from an association with Arnie. It will be interesting to see if the "names" chest beating in his Instagram comments follow suit. Evan Singleton in particular seems like he would have a lot more to lose than to gain.

If his MO is to monetise **** opinions, I'm drawing the line.
Aye, I've been struggling through his youtube videos for a while just because I like strongman content in general, but they're generally pretty boring - unsubbed now so I don't have to try and kid myself that I'm enjoying the content ha

My group got an Email for Arnold's, saying we have to get of had both doses of the vaccine to get in.

Novikov out of the Shaw Classic with concussion after the scuffle at Giants Live

That's bloody rough

Anyone know the arangements for getting into the USA at the moment? Big Loz has made various references to being unable to get out there to be involved with strongman events recently in his videos, but this morning, I saw that Terry Hollands is flying out in two days time to be part of the Shaw Classic. Thinking about it, is there any significance in the fact that the contest hasn't received any coverage on Big Loz Official lately? He doesn't appear to have mentioned it for a month, which is ironic as they last video about it is ***led "Why We're Excited About The Shaw Classic".....so excited, he hasn't made a video about it since!

Missing the show will cost Novikov a few quid, but in the long run it could do him a favour. I'm pretty sure that his schedule had been pretty hectic of late and was looking that way going forward, so an enforced rest could help his longevity.

Anyone know the arangements for getting into the USA at the moment? Big Loz has made various references to being unable to get out there to be involved with strongman events recently in his videos, but this morning, I saw that Terry Hollands is flying out in two days time to be part of the Shaw Classic. Thinking about it, is there any significance in the fact that the contest hasn't received any coverage on Big Loz Official lately? He doesn't appear to have mentioned it for a month, which is ironic as they last video about it is ***led "Why We're Excited About The Shaw Classic".....so excited, he hasn't made a video about it since!
It's possible he can't get a working/media visa in time

I follow a few MMA journos that often find it difficult to work American shows because visas are time based and then are a ball ache to renew without big backing behind them (i.e. it's fine if BT Sport source it for you, bit harder if your visa says you run a youtube channel)

Terry competed at WSM, which wasn't that long ago, so presumably still has that

Loz did a video on Europe's Strongest Man last week and couldn't stop talking about the Shaw Classic.

Apparently the commentator for the Shaw Classic will be someone who usually commentates on rugby. Presumably it will be an American but I hope in my heart of hearts it's Ryle Nugent.

Assuming it's Todd Harris again, it would be more accurate to say that he's someone who has commentated on rugby, rather than that he's a rugby commentator.

I can't see Shaw stumping up Bayfield money.

I went, was really gutted the better stoltman pulled out pre show. Great night out but felt really old on the night out. Hanging this morning.

I went, was really gutted the better stoltman pulled out pre show. Great night out but felt really old on the night out. Hanging this morning.
Shame for you to miss watching him live, but in a sense I'm glad he was a no show as it left the door open for his brother who I was really pleased to see get the win. Comes across as a thoroughly decent bloke.

What was the gossip around the arena re: what went wrong with the log lift? Also, what was the inside line on Iron Bibby? Colin Bryce mentioned some sort of tragedy, but people in the Facebook comments seemed to think that he was on the way to the venue, but running late.
Yeah canceled my membership after. There's been issues with each steam I've watched and this was the icing on the cake.
I think it might be my fault - not long before it cut out I thought to myself how much better than the stream from Manchester (the only other one I've paid for) it was! I can understand your frustration, I'll probably sign up for the next show, but might not bother again if there are further problems. Speaks volumes about the organisation that Colin Bryce missed the athletes meeting for his own show!

Saw on Reddit that Bibys dad's funeral was the other day - presumably pulled out because of that (or couldn't get to the UK in time after?) either way they knew he wouldn't be competing but still advertised as if he would - same with Tom, he pulled out almost a week ago when his wife tested positive but they still advertised as if he'd be there up until the final minute

Edit: Bibys dad passed away on the 22nd and his funeral was two days ago

Latest posts