• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

TRF RUGBY 08 PATCH SEASON 20-21

I think he mean you shouldn't say EA Sports Rugby 21. That sounds like a clickbait ***le. EA Sports didn't make this patch. It would have have been better if you said "TRF Rugby 2021 Patch/MOD for EA Sports Rugby 08" in the ***le. @peter83 @ama1 @geostar and a few others really work hard to keep this game alive. They help around alot on this form. We are just a handful still on this forum playing this game. Thanks for promoting this patch tho maybe more Patch makers will see this and there can be more help. This forum especially needs people that can make faces for the game. I like channel
exact!!! ea sports did not collaborate in the elaboration of the patches. the ***le would be -TRF rugby 21-. as you will see in the intro of the patch I took out the ea sports logo

Please can someone help me, I have tried to download the patches but they wont download. Would anyone like to message me and then email the files to me?

Volevo ringraziare tutti i ragazzi che hanno creato questa meravigliosa toppa che rende ancora vivo un gioco bello come il rugby 08, grazie ancora ragazzi.

Hey guys :) Thanks to the people that worked on this, looks like amazing!
Just happened to revisit the forum last night, saw this so downloaded 08 right away. Have only had the chance to play the one game but it worked like a charm.

Happy to make any graphical changes so if there are kits that are outdated etc I can do that. I think I saw a few jittery mini kits.
Been a while since I've done any modding so will have to download all the tools etc.

Had a look through the Wales team and would make changes to player stats etc. Is there an easy bulk way of doing this through an excel sheet or something? I Imagine there isn't...
I vaguely remember an excel file (Rugby GOB?) with the corresponding file names. Is this still floating about?

@peter83 you've done some epic work bro! Great to bring new life into the game!!! :D :D

Just happened to revisit the forum last night, saw this so downloaded 08 right away. Have only had the chance to play the one game but it worked like a charm.

Happy to make any graphical changes so if there are kits that are outdated etc I can do that. I think I saw a few jittery mini kits.
Been a while since I've done any modding so will have to download all the tools etc.

Had a look through the Wales team and would make changes to player stats etc. Is there an easy bulk way of doing this through an excel sheet or something? I Imagine there isn't...
I vaguely remember an excel file (Rugby GOB?) with the corresponding file names. Is this still floating about?

@peter83 you've done some epic work bro! Great to bring new life into the game!!! :D :D
thanks bro. I am working on the faulty kits and some more bugs.

file with some arrangements of minikits

@ama1 created a excel template that can be used to edit roster. Its in his forum name ama1's roster mod or something.

Question for roster modders, how do you know what rating a player should get? In the past I would use average rating of 12 games played (rugbypass ratings). How do you guys do it?

Squad selection has to do with either the roster or how teams are grouped (international, super 14 etc)

If you're willing wait, I'll attend to all this in a week or two (selection crashes, WL recruitement crashes etc)

World league will always crash when there are more than 71 teams on the roster / database.

The game is expecting the following amount of teams for each category;

23 x International
30 x European
14 x Super 14 Teams
4 x Representative Teams

It also expects the Team ID's to remain the same as the original, (i.e; without any teams activated / deactivated via the be29...xml file.)

Refer to the attached xml file (which is where all the graphics files for each team are stored) and get an idea of the team id's and files are for each team, as well as string id's.

There are 116 'possible' team id's. I have tried activating as many as I could (using different methods) over the past 13 years of tinkering with this game, but the end result is always a crash
on loading the roster, at the team select screen..or when starting a new competition.

For crashes that occur at the end of a game....I deleted the modded loading screens, (I used process monitor or 'procmon' to identify the file which was causing the error).

Boys, appreciate all your work, time and efforts. Any of you ok to share all the programs you're using for patching, editing and creating etc. I'd love to join and give this a crack, especially faces. I'm on windows 10.

@ama1 doesnt the recruitment crash happend because you're ID differs from the original roster? I have used recruitment on all patches (apart from this one) without any crashes irrespective of how many teams are active

Yes, that crashes the recruitment screen.
It also depends on which teams are active in World League.
It's either a team or player id that causes the crash.

World league will always crash when there are more than 71 teams on the roster / database.

The game is expecting the following amount of teams for each category;

23 x International
30 x European
14 x Super 14 Teams
4 x Representative Teams

It also expects the Team ID's to remain the same as the original, (i.e; without any teams activated / deactivated via the be29...xml file.)

Refer to the attached xml file (which is where all the graphics files for each team are stored) and get an idea of the team id's and files are for each team, as well as string id's.

There are 116 'possible' team id's. I have tried activating as many as I could (using different methods) over the past 13 years of tinkering with this game, but the end result is always a crash
on loading the roster, at the team select screen..or when starting a new competition.

For crashes that occur at the end of a game....I deleted the modded loading screens, (I used process monitor or 'procmon' to identify the file which was causing the error).
It says you need a password to access your attached file, can you please explain how you got rid of the modded screens?

It says you need a password to access your attached file, can you please explain how you got rid of the modded screens?
Apologies. Uploaded it to mediafire, as google drive keeps asking me to grant permission for access.

Latest posts