• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

TRF Rugby Gaming Tournament '08

I cant make the tourney this year as I'll be in the US at the time but I'm definately in for a 2009 tourney

Wow, it's cool to have one more kiwi showing some interest anyhow! I've been talking to our group down here (well nearly all of them) and it's definitely going to be a great tourney no matter who comes down for it!

The wife's got the long labour weekend off and we've even bought a deluxe fold-out couch double-bed for one (or two, if he has a good night on the town) lucky punter. It's going to be a damn good weekend, one way or another!

what are the dates i havnt got a clue.

GG you sorted out trasportation down there yet? cause i havnt.

we really should sort something out :)

Labour Weekend October. Not sure but I think that's the weekend of:

Friday 24th
Saturday 25th
Sunday 26th
Monday 27th

Something like that.
We have already put away $100 for guest expenses (ordering out, taxi's, shouting a few drinks etc), not much yet, but it'll probably double by the tourney.

its just the monday for labour day. monday the 27th it is (had to wiki it up lol, 4th monday of october, ill sort out flights next week if its still definatly on, and hopefully it is :) GG you better be going down there as well, or ill come up and kick your ass :p

Watch out for Ninja Stu, big Herb!!!!

Yeah, it's definitely still on, many down or not! I've already looked at trophies just recently. I'm eyeing the finalist one mostly for now!

Playing some games tonight. Boy am I going to cop a thrashing, as I'm out to use tricks only tonight!!!

its just the monday for labour day. monday the 27th it is (had to wiki it up lol, 4th monday of october, ill sort out flights next week if its still definatly on, and hopefully it is :) GG you better be going down there as well, or ill come up and kick your ass :p [/b]

Hmmm....um...well I have had a income shakeup lately....I am trying to sort out the situation...so as where before it was definitely now it is maybe...actually it is a bit lless than maybe.

Woosaah, you may have one hand on the cup, if GG can't make it! I was talking to the other guys today and you better have a super liver with a few of the guys wanting to shout you a few when your down if you make it.

Gotta post up an itinerary for the round robin when we work out how many we got in the comp. Current numbers down here are 6 contestants.

C'mon GG! I'll chip in $50 if needed to get you down. Or have I instilled fear into a rugby gaming god!!!!???

Woosaah, you may have one hand on the cup, if GG can't make it! I was talking to the other guys today and you better have a super liver with a few of the guys wanting to shout you a few when your down if you make it.

Gotta post up an itinerary for the round robin when we work out how many we got in the comp. Current numbers down here are 6 contestants.

C'mon GG! I'll chip in $50 if needed to get you down. Or have I instilled fear into a rugby gaming god!!!!??? [/b]

Ok I will keep trying....even if I just get there with no spending money I am sure you could feed me marmite sandwiches all weekend....hmmm....or will it be Suzy food poisoning all the way from South Africa ha!

The only way we won't be feeding the out-of-town-guests non-stop will be if they cry "Keep my stomach away from any sharp objects!!!!!"

Believe me I've been there, some times of year are lean and others are gravy. I'm not going to mind helping out a mate. I'd qualify you and Stu as that in a second!

G'day fellas! I'm in for a 2011 tourney, which will be a HUGE one with the World Cup and what-not :D
Sorry I couldn't make it this year, I'm on a rugby tour of the South Island next year so we might have to see how we go in '09 as well!

yeah GG ill help pitch in as well if you need some help getting down there, we have to have the champion in.

As for having one hand on the cup if he doesnt make it i doubt it. I havnt played rugby 06 since the last competition. Let alone playing the xbox since then as well so ill be very rusty.

I am coming down to have some fun. Catch up with Craig, Dave and Andrew again and get beaten down by some hard core rugby gamers. Also a few beers etc wont go a miss :)

Got a potential new player too my South African mate Chris, although we're going to have to dust of the rugby games, haven't been touched in ages lol

I knew i should have got my tickets by now, but i also have hit a financial road block. I am still super keen just got to see if i can juggle a few things.

Awesome David. Would be great to have South African in there! Revenge for 95'? He better not fix us all a snack!!!

Well, just thought I should put a post up regarding this topic. I am really looking forward to this Tournament. I got that weekend off especially for it, and since Labour Weekend is second busiest weekend, bar just before xmas, that's a big thing.

I hope that at the very least, I'll be able to confuse you all with my unorthodox playing style. LOL And may be pull off a few upsets.

Whoevers coming down, I'm looking forward to meeting you and it sounds like we are going to have a great weekend.

Hopefully we can have a tournament in 2011 in New Zealand when the World Cup is on because I'm sure there'll be quite a foreign TRF'ers who are going to make the trip.
Perhaps it could be called TRF EA Rugby World Cup. Ahh yes, terrific Idea Luke.

[thread hijack]
Its a huge shame that Australia is so geographically large because if we were to have gaming comps like this we'd only be able to have them for each capital city which is another problem in itself because we don't have enough regular members from one city :(

So I propose this. All of you Kiwis can make the trip to Australia. I will pay for your chips and pretzels.
[/thread hijack]

You could imagine how good the game could be by then as well if EA keep making them better each year.

Well, I've had a few more games and I'm struggling to get the old spinning whilst running move happening. It usually wreaks havoc from first-five.

if everyone in my flat gets jobs in the next 3-4 weeks ill be sweet as, otherwise its going to be a struggle. Mainly cause when they get a job they will be able to pay me back and ill have a hefty amount of cash that i can put into getting tickets.. otherwise i am stranded up here :(

Latest posts