• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

TRF Staff get hands on with Rugby World Cup 2011

Thanks for teh mite, from now on forth whenever I get a swan dive try with sob I will think of mite flight

I really like the camera angle as it's spot on.. I also like the way when you pick a stadium it changes in the backround.

Thanks for the upload :)

The graphics are better than i expected to:D

Stadium detail is very good, don't think the screenshots that have been release do it enough justice.

Camera angle is good, the others prefer the side view but I prefer the End to End view which when I tested was good. Probably the criticism I would give is that you can't select the distance you might want e.g. zoom out more for the end to end view.

Saying that the camera angles were good.

I have one criticism, but its not with the game. Who decided to play Paddy Wallace at 10 for Ireland? :lol:

cheers chaps - appreciate you putting this together and getting it up online

Really looking forward to getting my hands on the demo now, I can see where the gameplay is different and want to give it a go myself.

Markedly underwhelmed with the player models if you draw a direct comparison to RC, but then I knew that in advance and its nowhere near as important to me as actually having good gameplay (and gameplay I am already familiar with). I expect it will look slightly better though when actually appearing live in front of me.

I have one criticism, but its not with the game. Who decided to play Paddy Wallace at 10 for Ireland? :lol:
Getofmeland and Mite started the warm-up tour with Ireland, so when me and Cymro took over we had no choice in playing as Ireland so just switched team around a load (starting Hayes, O'Leary, Paddy Wallace, dropping SOB completely)

I too was pleased with the graphics - I think playing the games you won't notice too much difference between the two, though when it's zoomed in on the players is when RC will come to the fore

You can see right at the end of the Fiji match what happens when you get isolated - the first defender to it just walked over the ruck and picked up the ball - I didn't clock that that was what the "X" appearing at the start of some rucks meant, but it's a nice addition, and encourages you to look for support if you think you're going to get done!

Last edited:
I really enjoyed the bit where Mite lingered the camera on getofmeland and asked him heaps of stuff while he was trying to enjoy his beer. Charlie looked like "what do you expect me to say next man!"

From the opening shot of Olyy from a distance he looked a bit like Dan Carter, haha. :D

In my opinion Robert looked like he was all about getting his hands on the game and hopefully dishing someone a whooping.

guys, Thanks a lot for the video, i really enjoyed it!

as i didn't have so much problems with Rugby 08 to begin with, and just play sport games on my PS3, i'm really looking forward to playing RWC2011.

to all the nay-sayers out there, i'm gonna say, your loss... if you don't want to buy it, then live with it... I for one am in awe of how the programmers and designers make the games in the first place... sure, every game has it's problems... me and my brother still yell at fifa 11 with what we like to call "game errors" but nonetheless we keep on playing for 5-6 hours straight...

with RWC2011 this will be the same, as well as RC, and sure we will find some problems, but that won't stop us from playing... my main focus point was that it's gonna be a rugby union game in HD on my PS3... the rest is just a bonus...

Can't wait to download the demo!!

Latest posts