• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

TRF World Wide Meetup Day

G

getofmeland

Right as the days tick away until the start of the World Cup, the biggest event in the Rugby calendar, it is that time again to start up the discussions about a worldwide meetup of the Rugby Folk of The Rugby Forum...

The Event - The Rugby World Cup Final
The Date - 20th October 8PM (BST)
The Teams - TBC
The Venues - TBC

So the idea behind this thread is to set up a bunch of meetups in Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, UK, France, Ireland and America...

Now I know this is not going to be possible for all the countries listed above to make this possible but I will be co-ordinating the UK Meetup, with the help of Dan... So if we could have people to set up the ones around the world then that would be awesome...

The Plan as it stands for the UK meetup is to meet in London on the 20th October for a weekend of Rugby Fun... I then believe that it is a case of finding a suitable bar to watch the game in and then of course once the rugby is over the party can begin.

Anyone who attends the UK Meetup will recieve a FREE* Pint from The Rugby Forum.

So lets get this moving and organise this... and lets know who's in...

(* after a £5 donation to The Rugby Forum)

Damn it, why has nobody responded?!

I though the NZers liked rugby aren't they up for a mass meet up?

I'm up for a london meet up. This "free" pint is quite intriguing. As long as there's no small print of course...

I will see you there. I will have just moved from the deep dark depths of Bradford to the the Big Smoke and will be looking for a place to catch the game.

i didnt see this thread, been busy with work but i am still keen to meet up with whoever in wellington town, just find a pub :)

You leave my bloody hair alone! It's wonderful!

And until I know where the meet is going to be, I can't respond as to if I can make an appearance!

Are you coming to Bloem? [/b]

Sorry Rassie, Bloem is a hell of a long way from Oudtshoorn! How bout I meet you half way! Victoria West... :bana: Kidding.

Seriously though, it would be extremely difficult to arrange a meet in the republic.

Keep me posted.

Gandalf, here`s an interesting one- while I`m stuck here in J`Bay, most of my mates from my playing days are either in PE or Cape Town. So we`ve met up half-way, in Oudtshoorn, on a couple of occasions for a cold one. So that might just actually work.

We seriously need to bring a ball to this event and have a mini-game.
So right now it sounds like Me and Charlie for the UK meet up...can we give this topic a little more coverage?
I mean final isn't too far away, i want a big meet up.
Come one!

Count Prestwick in, same for Tim (these aren't requests, they're orders), and me too, I can't think of anything better than to watch SA win the WC in London with some TRFers. I have some pubs in mind, depending on the numbers we get but would probalby have to put a book in.

Could arrange to put names on a guest list for afterwards(Over 18's only though), make some effort and scrub up alright - even Mite might pull (not one of us hopefully).

i didnt see this thread, been busy with work but i am still keen to meet up with whoever in wellington town, just find a pub :) [/b]

I've never seen this thread either but I did see the Welly meet up one. I may not make this coz I just realized that I'll be up in Auckland for Labour Weekend. :(

I just realised I hadn't actually confirmed my involvement - cheers Quints. I'll definately be there. Definately definately.

Nothing better than watching rugby and getting wasted in the big smoke.

I moved to London last week and where I am staying (temporarily) is full of bloody Football fans who make the pubs turn over a WC rugby game half way thru for a football game featuring Hull !!

So Yes definately count me in - Hell I'll even shout the TRF crew a pint!

Any suggestions - Temple Walkabout would be a good venue but no doubt will be packed.

Count Prestwick in, same for Tim (these aren't requests, they're orders), and me too, I can't think of anything better than to watch SA win the WC in London with some TRFers. I have some pubs in mind, depending on the numbers we get but would probalby have to put a book in.

Could arrange to put names on a guest list for afterwards(Over 18's only though), make some effort and scrub up alright - even Mite might pull (not one of us hopefully). [/b]

A splendid idea QKXV, I'll pass you my new mobile number mate. If we can get I-B-B along for the ride that would be superb.

I would think that both Bok Bars would be rammed. My place hasn't even got a television right now because they're refurbishing upstairs (where it usually its). At a stretch we could rumble to the RUCKU party at Sirrocco as a last resort.

Can you organise for us to get into the Rucku party? ....hang on where or what is sirrocco?

Good call about the temple walkie I-B-B, lot's of TV's. It's wise to book a table though, if they're not already fully booked that is

Could someone house me for a night? or would I have to look for a hotel room or a Cardboard Box...

Booyah!
I'll be representing the Welshies and i've been conversing with Petey about this and we're gonna have to find a little green area where we can have a nice little chuck-about and a game, why not!

Latest posts