• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

TRF's 2014 FIFA World Cup

Can't see anything from a quick google/twitter search, sounds like bullsh** and massively sour grapes to me.
Therefore:

7dvMi.gif

After a bit of internet trawling, I found this:

Not sure what to make of it, I know its a daft "ha we beat you" sort of fan chant, which they've edited for the Germany vs Argentina final. Honestly, I can't say I know too much about the nature of "Gaucho" other than wikipedia telling me that the word is an equivalent to the North American "cowboy". Also the name of a fancy restaurant chain in Britain.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lads I must've watched wrong tournament
North Korea beat Portugal 7-0. Some guy called Kim Dong Jim or something scored 6 but was limping at the homecoming. He runs the country too in spare time. Was super game though.

After a bit of internet trawling, I found this:

Not sure what to make of it, I know its a daft "ha we beat you" sort of fan chant, which they've edited for the Germany vs Argentina final. Honestly, I can't say I know too much about the nature of "Gaucho" other than wikipedia telling me that the word is an equivalent to the North American "cowboy". Also the name of a fancy restaurant chain in Britain.

And the mascot for the 1978 World Cup was call Gauchito. So yeah, must be suuuper racist. :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
I also agree, for me wasn't a penalty kick. Not all Argentines think that, there were several including former Argentine referee Angel Sanchez and others former referees as Hector Baldassi said it wasn't a penalty kick and that the referee was wrong in Higuain's foul. He should have taken a throw in for Argentina because Neuer sent the ball out to the field. Had it been the other way around, Romero hit the ball first and then hit Gotze, Argentines who are now complain would say it wasn't a penalty kick.
Excellent quote, and from an Argentine who actually watched what happened, with an unblinkered view.

Ehemm, Conrad is anything you want, except an "unblinkered view" at least in football terms.
What a load of twaddle. 99.999% of the viewing audience saw that it wasn't a foul by Neur (although it should have been a throw in to argentina).
You, however, are so blinkered you cannot see when something the minority believe is so blatantly wrong.
Argentina should have been down to 10 men within the first 10 minutes, due to an attack on someone who wasn't looking. Luckily, that person then got up, played on for a bit and the rest of the team kicked Argentina's asses via football (unlike the Argentine gameplan of 'Injure Schweinsteiger at any cost', and complete failure to even do that).

Last edited:
Excellent quote, and from an Argentine who actually watched what happened, with an unblinkered view.

:lol: ...not sure if serious.^_^

Yeah the unblinkered Argie who jumped on the bandwagon and had his Messi top on (assuming that was him posing with tats in the pic) prior to the final having lambasted the beautiful game leading up to it....no sooner had the full time whistle sounded he threw on his Pumas jersey and ran outside with his oval ball to tell his gutted country folk how much more "respectful" Ruggers is.

Still chuckle at his complete ignorance. Love it.

What a load of twaddle. 99.999% of the viewing audience saw that it wasn't a foul by Neur (although it should have been a throw in to argentina).

:lol:

Nope..too obvious...trying to compete with "Conrad" for the ***le of forum clown is impossible.

Last edited:

Yeah the unblinkered Argie who jumped on the bandwagon and had his Messi top on (assuming that was him with him posing with tats in the pic) prior to the final having lambested the beautiful game leading up to it....no sooner had the full time whistle sounded he threw on his Pumas jersey and ran outside with his oval ball to tell his gutted country folk how much more "respectful" Ruggers is.

Nope..too obvious...trying to compete with "Conrad" for the ***le of forum clown is impossible.

I also agree, for me wasn't a penalty kick. Not all Argentines think that, there were several including former Argentine referee Angel Sanchez and others former referees as Hector Baldassi said it wasn't a penalty kick and that the referee was wrong in Higuain's foul. He should have taken a throw in for Argentina because Neuer sent the ball out to the field. Had it been the other way around, Romero hit the ball first and then hit Gotze, Argentines who are now complain would say it wasn't a penalty kick.

I support your thinking, I hate the exaggeration in football. Football players have a lot to learn from rugby players, they earn less and suffer worst injuries and didn't complain as girls. They must learn to respect the referees, that's very nice of our sport. We respect the decisions of the referees, they cry like girls.

What part of that are you finding hard to see as unblinkered?

As for your 'forum clowns' comment....well if that's the case, I'd have to say it takes one to know one.

Yeah the unblinkered Argie who jumped on the bandwagon and had his Messi top on (assuming that was him posing with tats in the pic) prior to the final having lambasted the beautiful game leading up to it....no sooner had the full time whistle sounded he threw on his Pumas jersey and ran outside with his oval ball to tell his gutted country folk how much more "respectful" Ruggers is.

I really just want to bring this to everyone's attention, in case they skim over it.

This is the picture, for reference:
140713044856985800.jpg

Worlds best player (Messi) vs worlds best team (Germany)...90 times out of 100 the team wins.

Amazingly the Argies had the best chances, while Germany dominated possession (around 70%). The best team won so justice was served. Full credit to the Argies for making a far better game of it than I expected. Higuain has never been good enough so his miss one on one was standard for him, while Palacios (and his ridiculous hairdo) is garbage. Terrible terrible decision to bring him on. Argies had to defend for large periods and Mascherano in oarticular was immense..probably my man of the match.

Regards the Argie talking about respect..and Rugby, as somehow being superior. :lol: Total sham. Rugby players curse and swear like theres no tomorrow. Every Rugby doc I've seen is riddled with expletives. On the field punch ups and eye gouging gallore. The 99 call is still celebrated to this day. Martin Johnson took part in probably the most disrespectful moment ive ever seen on a field at Landsdowne rd in 2003. The man was a c555 of the supreme order that day (great player mind...in my all time XV). All this yes sir garbage to the ref is just that.

I will go deeper and look at tainted history...no sport, on earth, can compete with Rugby Union. While football in Robben Island represented freedom, the white mans Rugby represented oppression. While football had no racial or class barriers, Rugby as an elitist activity had every barrier going. While football spread around the world organically and was voluntarily adopted, Rugby (like cricket) was via imperialism.

The Argie knows little...so I can forgive his ignorance.

Why are you here? There ae a few sordid incidents in rugby's past(e.g. the assoctiation with the Vichy government, and with the Romanian communists) but some of this is just so ridiculous it's just obvious trolling.

You actually had a pretty good month on here until about the last day and a half SimonG, like the usual subtle hints on the supeiriority of football and slight digs at the "elitists" that play rugby were kept down to a minimum.

Last edited:
Why are you here? There ae a few sordid incidents in rugby's past(e.g. the assoctiation with the Vichy government, and with the Romanian communists) but some of this is just so ridiculous it's just obvious trolling.

You actually had a pretty good month on here until about the last day and a half SimonG, like the usual subtle hints on the supeiriority of football and slight digs at the "elitists" that play rugby were kept down to a minimum.

You misinterpret my comment...it's a response, not an attack. If some German started preaching about human rights abuses, extolling the virtues of his country and calling out Canada for example...well you would chuckle would you not?

The Argie is both sanctimonious and ignorant...hence I gently put him back in his box.

Let me add though...the 99 call for instance should be celebrated...it's an iconic moment, but I mentioned it to blow up this gentlemanly facade of the game the Argie in his blissful ignorance tries to put forward.

Every sport has its good and bad...the Argie will learn.

I will go deeper and look at tainted history...no sport, on earth, can compete with Rugby Union. While football in Robben Island represented freedom, the white mans Rugby represented oppression. While football had no racial or class barriers, Rugby as an elitist activity had every barrier going. While football spread around the world organically and was voluntarily adopted, Rugby (like cricket) was via imperialism.

I'm sorry, but what? Are you really making that statement with a straight face, or do you honestly just have absolutely no clue as to the insane brutality, poverty and misery being inflicted on people in the name of soccer TODAY? Not, throughout history, right f###ing now!

Mate, you can talk about the history of Rugby if you like, but no sport is even in the same ballpark with soccer when it comes to the injustices that the actions of FIFA are bringing upon the innocent right now.

We've just seen the conclusion of world cup that has seen a government drain cash from its health, education and infrastructure budgets to effectively host a big party all in the name of "the beautiful game". Stadiums have been built all over the country in places where they'll never be filled again and which represent some of the most criminal misuses of state funds in the country's history. Or have you not seen the news of the riots that have been taking place all over the country thanks to acts done in the name of your perfect game?

And if that wasn't bad enough, the corrupt oligarchy that is FIFA has awarded the next world cup to a country of - surprise surprise - corrupt oligarchs in Qatar. A country with no soccer history, but plenty of cash and plenty immigrants with little to no rights.

Hosting a world cup with no history of the sport and with average temperatures of 50 degrees Celsius doesn't seem like fair or rational decision making to most people, and so an inquest is now underway, one which has already indicated the process was heavily corrupted through bribery. It would be funny given how ridiculous it all is, but then of course news also came out that well over 100 workers died making the stadia for this event last year, and over 4000 more are projected to die if the current trend continues.

So please Simon, have a look around at that cathedral you're preaching to us all from, because where I'm sitting it looks like there's plenty of red on those walls and in your ledger. Honestly, how you crap on about soccer's working class credentials and talk about class without even a hint of irony with all the **** going on just boggles the mind.

Last edited:
I really just want to bring this to everyone's attention, in case they skim over it.

This is the picture, for reference:
View attachment 3065

Are you seriously telling me SimonG thought that Conrad Smith - the poster here - is the guy in that picture?

Or dear... SimonG, do you really watch absolutely no rugby at all?

Because if you did, you'd know that the guy in that picture bares more than a passing resemblance to the guy with the ball in this shot:
YRUGBY-popup.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sonny_Bill_Williams

And there you have it - just in case we needed any more evidence that Simon was just a soccer troll he comes out and assumes that a picture of Sonny Bill Williams - one of the most famous Rugby Union and League players in the world - is a poster on this site. AND he then goes on a rant about the ignorance of the poster he assumed the picture was of.

Oh dear god that is absolutely hilarious. I seriously almost pi$$ed myself laughing then :D :D :D

Seriously Simon, who the f### are you? Actually, scratch that, I know who you are. You are the clown of this forum. Honestly mate, no one will touch your crown after the misplaced sanctimony that topped off that incredibly ignorant post.

Last edited:
Ouch you cut me deep. I'm notoriously a huge football/England football fan!

I was literally stating what happened, why are you getting all offended over it?

Apologies for the behavior of my countryman. The problem is that the Argentine thinks we're the best in all sports and there is always a global conspiracy against Argentina to avoid our win.

This is completely false and is easily demonstrable. Argentina was the most favored team in this WC about the fixture. Brazil had an even more difficult fixture than Argentina's fixture. While Brazil had to face Croatia, Mexico, Chile, Colombia and Germany. Argentina faced: Bosnia, Iran, Switzerland, Belgium and Netherlands.

In addition, Julio Grondona the president of AFA (Argentine Football Association) is the vice-president of FIFA, just below Blatter. It's false that there is a global conspiracy to prevent Argentina's victory. Many Argentines simply can't accept that there are best teams than us. Germany is a fair champion, had a tougher road to the final match than Argentina (USA, Portugal, France and Brazil), they are the best team.

It's easier to blame others and not see your own mistakes. Blame outside, find a scapegoat. In this case the Italian referee, when Argentina hadn't actually been a fair champion. Argentina can't win a Big European team since 1986, when we beat Germany in the final match. After that, we eliminate 3 Big European teams (Italy in WC 1990, England in WC 1998 and Netherlands in WC 2014), it's true, but we beat ALL them through the penalty kicks.

Since 1986 Argentina can't beat a Big European team in 90 minutes being far superior to them. So you can't look for scapegoats, you can't say that there is a global conspiracy against you and the FIFA doesn't want your victory.

Last edited:
10527747_10152578951592174_5236257983899535006_n.jpg

:p found this on my FB newsfeed...he'd get knocked the FK OUT if he actually tried playing Rugby.

In spite of you being someone who is not exactly a "friend" of the argentinian football, you are totally right! Let´s remember that Argentina is failing to win even Copa América since 1993!

Latest posts