• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

TRF's 2014 FIFA World Cup

You guys are ruining my thread.

Was it ruined before or after SimonG went on his rant at Conrad Smith after he assumed a picture of Sonny Bill Williams in an Argentina soccer jersey was actually a picture of the Argentinian poster Conrad Smith?

Seriously, that's going to keep me laughing for a while yet.

BUT I"M CONRAD SMITH!!!

img_hero_player_conrad_smith.png

I'm sorry, but what? Are you really making that statement with a straight face, or do you honestly just have absolutely no clue as to the insane brutality, poverty and misery being inflicted on people in the name of soccer TODAY? Not, throughout history, right f###ing now!

Mate, you can talk about the history of Rugby if you like, but no sport is even in the same ballpark with soccer when it comes to the injustices that the actions of FIFA are bringing upon the innocent right now.

We've just seen the conclusion of world cup that has seen a government drain cash from its health, education and infrastructure budgets to effectively host a big party all in the name of "the beautiful game". Stadiums have been built all over the country in places where they'll never be filled again and which represent some of the most criminal misuses of state funds in the country's history. Or have you not seen the news of the riots that have been taking place all over the country thanks to acts done in the name of your perfect game?

And if that wasn't bad enough, the corrupt oligarchy that is FIFA has awarded the next world cup to a country of - surprise surprise - corrupt oligarchs in Qatar. A country with no soccer history, but plenty of cash and plenty immigrants with little to no rights.

Hosting a world cup with no history of the sport and with average temperatures of 50 degrees Celsius doesn't seem like fair or rational decision making to most people, and so an inquest is now underway, one which has already indicated the process was heavily corrupted through bribery. It would be funny given how ridiculous it all is, but then of course news also came out that well over 100 workers died making the stadia for this event last year, and over 4000 more are projected to die if the current trend continues.

So please Simon, have a look around at that cathedral you're preaching to us all from, because where I'm sitting it looks like there's plenty of red on those walls and in your ledger. Honestly, how you crap on about soccer's working class credentials and talk about class without even a hint of irony with all the **** going on just boggles the mind.

:lol: I can see the steam rising from here! That box I put you in weeks ago hasnt calmed you down any.

To quote the President of Israel, Shimon Peres, to Johan Cruyff, earlier this year.. "People remember very well that not only were you an outstanding football player but that you gave football a social content, you made it an educational process. You are a role model. Football is one of the great ways to make peace among people."

Probably the most iconic moment of such was the Christmas truce between British and German soldiers during World War I, a football match re-enacted on the anniversary a few years ago.

Pele went around the planet and was said to have "done more to promote world peace than any politician anywhere"

Nelson Mandela cried when he, and his fellow oppressed inmates, played football in Robben Island prison stating it gave them a sense of "freedom and made them feel alive".

Rugby Union...an elitist, private school, British colonial, white mans game, spread via British governors to conquered lands. It represented the establishment, oppressive rulers, the Vichy regime, the sporting wing of apartheid. Don't get a Rugby league devotee on their disdain for it as they would blow a gasket...but since I'm a Rugby Union follower I have no such issue. Akin to football, Rugby league is a game of the people, commoners, but was never allowed to grow as a sport due to oppressive measures by Union. I knew about the other aspects of the sports tainted history but their treatment towards league I only learned quite recently...the same type of elitist backward snobbery displayed by Wimbledon authorities who marginalised Fred Perry when he turned professional.

Outside the British commonwealth where is Union played? Where has it been voluntarily adopted? Surviving in France after the Vichy regime banned the dominant code Rugby league, and played in pockets of Argentina among white wealthy classes (as our Argie friend keeps pointing out)...that's yer lot.

Last edited:
So basically in response to the points I've raised about the lives of the poor, working classes the oligarchy controlled world of soccer is destroying you not only have no response to, but you actively deflect away from then?

I'll take that to mean you're quite happy that your "working class game" is happy to slaughter working class people for its narrow self interest in what has been described as a 21st century slave state.

In any case I'm glad you're finally coming to terms with your cognitive dissonance when it comes to class and you're now fully embracing your hypocrisy to such hilarious lengths ;-)

But wait, look SimonG!!! I think I just spotted Conrad Smith for you to preach to about ignorance!! Sorry.. no, that was actutally just Sonny Bill Williams in an Argentina shirt again bahahahahaha

:lol: I can see the steam rising from here! That box I put you in weeks ago hasnt calmed you down any.

To quote the President of Israel, Shimon Peres, to Johan Cruyff, earlier this year.. "People remember very well that not only were you an outstanding football player but that you gave football a social content, you made it an educational process. You are a role model. Football is one of the great ways to make peace among people."

Probably the most iconic moment of such was the Christmas truce between British and German soldiers during World War I, a football match re-enacted on the anniversary a few years ago.

Pele went around the planet and was said to have "done more to promote world peace than any politician anywhere"

Nelson Mandela cried when he, and his fellow oppressed inmates, played football in Robben Island prison stating it gave them a sense of "freedom and made them feel alive".

Rugby Union...an elitist, private school, British colonial, white mans game, spread via British governors to conquered lands. It represented the establishment, oppressive rulers, the Vichy regime, the sporting wing of apartheid. Don't get a Rugby league devotee on their disdain for it as they would blow a gasket...but since I'm a Rugby Union follower I have no such issue. Akin to football, Rugby league is a game of the people, commoners, but was never allowed to grow as a sport due to oppressive measures by Union. I knew about the other aspects of the sports tainted history but their treatment towards league I only learned quite recently...the same type of elitist backward snobbery displayed by Wimbledon authorities who marginalised Fred Perry when he turned professional.

Outside the British commonwealth where is Union played? Where has it been voluntarily adopted? Surviving in France after the Vichy regime banned the dominant code Rugby league, and played in pockets of Argentina among white wealthy classes (as our Argie friend keeps pointing out)...that's yer lot.

Meh, not sure I should bother biting but may as well. Here are some fun football facts:
Brazilian police have detained one man and were seeking two others in the killing of a referee who was gruesomely quartered and beheaded after fatally stabbing a player on the field during a match.

Officer Valter Costa, who was heading the investigation into the June 30 slayings, said police have detained Luis Moraes Souza, 27, who is suspected of pummeling the referee over the head and smashing a bottle of cachaca sugarcane rum onto his face.

Souza's brother, Francisco, is among the two still being sought, Costa said.

The match took place June 30 at Pius XII stadium in Maranhao, northeastern Brazil.

The slayings began after the 20-year-old referee, Otavio Jordao da Silva, expelled player Josemir Santos Abreu, 31, from an amateur match in the small town of Centro do Meio, in the northern state of Maranhao.

Angered by the expulsion, Abreu threw Silva to the ground. As he rose, Silva pulled a knife and stabbed Abreu in the chest, Costa said, and the player died on the way to the hospital.

Players and spectators then rushed Silva, tying him up by his arms and legs while Souza hit him over the head with a spike and then broke the bottle on his face. One of the suspects being sought, a man nicknamed 'Pirolo,' then took the knife that had been used to stab Abreu and stabbed the referee in the neck, said Costa.

It was not immediately clear why Silva had been carrying the knife in the first place.

Souza's brother Francisco then used a sickle to cut off Silva's arms, legs and head, which he placed on a spike in the middle of the field, Costa said. He added that Francisco may have been on drugs at the time.

The mob showed no mercy as they quartered and decapitated the referee and then placed his head on a stake.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ed-Angry-fans-head-stake-stabbing-player.html

Ahh, the beautiful game.

Also interestingly, football is the only sport which has had an offial war named after it. The "Football War" between El Salvador and Honduras in 1969, due to immigration tensions between the two, combined with results from the 1970 FIFA World Cup - resulted in war in which over 3,000 died.

People who say Pele has done more to promote peace than any politician anywhere, are f*cking retarded.

You do realize football was spread through the same process of colonization as rugby right...Your opinion of the "upper-class" sports game is so far removed from the reality of most rugby players. You think it is only played amongst the upperclass of New Zealand? Australia? United States, Sri Lanka, Madagascar, Samoa, Fiji, Tonga? You're an idiot.

Nothing about soccer or rugby is inherantly better. Soccer has all the problems of rugby, increased by scale..

Last edited:
Sports are played by people. Some people are nice, some people are not nice. As such, all sports will have associated with them some good things and some bad things. No can you all shut the **** up with this "which sport is the classiest" circlejerk bull**** or whatever it is?

Sports are played by people. Some people are nice, some people are not nice. As such, all sports will have associated with them some good things and some bad things. No can you all shut the **** up with this "which sport is the classiest" circlejerk bull**** or whatever it is?
But ........... Friends :D

Hi lads! I just finished my boxing training. I'm a little tired:

140717042926712856.jpg

I think we should repeat the TRF's meeting of the other day, we had a nice time together. I share some photos of the meeting:

@Sanzar and I:

14071704292240533.jpg

@TRF_nickdnz and I:

140717042924627214.jpg

@SimonG You're invited to the next meeting will be in England next year. You have no excuse, you live around there.

Last edited:

140717042926712856.jpg

I think we should repeat the TRF's meeting of the other day, we had a nice time together. I share some photos of the meeting:

@Sanzar and I:

14071704292240533.jpg

@TRF_nickdnz and I:

140717042924627214.jpg

@SimonG You're invited to the next meeting will be in England next year. You have no excuse, you live around there.

Why not change your name to Sonny-Bill Williams and be done with this derailment crap!

140717042926712856.jpg

@Sanzar and I:

14071704292240533.jpg

@TRF_nickdnz and I:

140717042924627214.jpg

hahaha good one conrad

Why not change your name to Sonny-Bill Williams and be done with this derailment crap!

Who the f**k is Sonny Bill Williams? I don't know him. I'll ask @SimonG, he knows too much.

Nope..too obvious...trying to compete with "Conrad" for the ***le of forum clown is impossible.

It should be, but credit where credit's due, you've done a wonderful job in doing so.

@Sanzar and I:

14071704292240533.jpg

Funnily enough I live right around the corner from where this picture was taken - always see SBW at this restaurant.

All the same, I'd preferred it if you didn't cast me as Quade Cooper haha :D.

Mate, the diving world cup is over, so who cares if the thread gets derailed?

Latest posts