• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

** TUTORIALS THREAD **

how do i add download links later on on my thread so i can put them all on the first page

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Enjay2008 @ Nov 12 2009, 10:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (jacovw @ Nov 12 2009, 11:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
man this is bloody difficult!

How do I change an image file that i'm editing to a fsh file?[/b]

By using an app called FshEd2005, you simply open the existing fsh file, that you extracted from the data.gob file, click on File and select graphinc importer of Gif imported, I prefer Gif importer as I save all my completed file as gif files anyway. Hope this answers your question...
[/b][/quote]

Thanks bru i'll give it a shot!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (jacovw @ Nov 16 2009, 04:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Enjay2008 @ Nov 12 2009, 10:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

By using an app called FshEd2005, you simply open the existing fsh file, that you extracted from the data.gob file, click on File and select graphinc importer of Gif imported, I prefer Gif importer as I save all my completed file as gif files anyway. Hope this answers your question...
[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

No problem, glad to help. Are you based in SA, if so where?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Enjay2008 @ Nov 16 2009, 08:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (jacovw @ Nov 16 2009, 04:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Enjay2008 @ Nov 12 2009, 10:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

No problem, glad to help. Are you based in SA, if so where?
[/b][/quote]

Nah based in China for now, so Rugby08 is one of my few small links to Rugby and the best country in the world! We'll prob be based in Pretoria as I want to coach and teach there when we come back in a year or few!

PS. Your advice helped but i'm only getting the bloody plain white or missing texture shirts when i test it... but i shall not give up! I'm just like my favorite SA team (the Lions) full of good ideas but it's just not coming together!

Nah based in China for now, so Rugby08 is one of my few small links to Rugby and the best country in the world! We'll prob be based in Pretoria as I want to coach and teach there when we come back in a year or few!

PS. Your advice helped but i'm only getting the bloody plain white or missing texture shirts when i test it... but i shall not give up! I'm just like my favorite SA team (the Lions) full of good ideas but it's just not coming together!
[/quote]

What version Windows you working in? FshEd does al kinds of weird and wonderful stuff in Vista and Win 7 the best bet will be to use Win XP, also you get the white block if you try to save the same *.fsh file to a different name for example a when you have a home minikit fsh for the left side of the screen, you can't simply rename that file to fit another file that is an away minikit for the left or a home minikit for the right. You have to update each and every file seperately its' a biatch I know abd quite time consuming.

I'm based in PTA land of the Bulls my man!!!!! If you are struggling with these files, PM me their names and what you want to do with them, and I will see where I can help, not much of a graphic designer or photoshop guy, but I can edit Hex and program files.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Enjay2008 @ Nov 16 2009, 12:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
What version Windows you working in? FshEd does al kinds of weird and wonderful stuff in Vista and Win 7 the best bet will be to use Win XP, also you get the white block if you try to save the same *.fsh file to a different name for example a when you have a home minikit fsh for the left side of the screen, you can't simply rename that file to fit another file that is an away minikit for the left or a home minikit for the right. You have to update each and every file seperately its' a biatch I know abd quite time consuming.

I'm based in PTA land of the Bulls my man!!!!! If you are struggling with these files, PM me their names and what you want to do with them, and I will see where I can help, not much of a graphic designer or photoshop guy, but I can edit Hex and program files.[/b]

That would be cool.
I love designing the shirts and wouldn't mind finding out the hexing stuff... but i'm a little too busy with other stuff to learn how to do that. I'm actually putting together a "What if" Scenario Legends mod with all time legends of all the top tier nations. I want to create all new kits that encapsulate these Legends. I'm playing around with the bok front strip right now and am just bloody keen to see what it looks like... The game play of the legends so far is pretty much kick-ass... in my humble opinion, with a very clear Blacks and Boks domination. But I was playing wales as a test and if they gain some momentem through a few phases it's pretty damn hard to stop a try! But yea that's what i'm plotting! Help would be awesome...

And though a lion should hate those on the "other side", the bulls have stolen my heart (well at least second place) over the last few years. But you must admit my team is much more consistent than yours :lol:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (jacovw @ Nov 16 2009, 02:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Enjay2008 @ Nov 16 2009, 12:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm based in PTA land of the Bulls my man!!!!! If you are struggling with these files, PM me their names and what you want to do with them, and I will see where I can help, not much of a graphic designer or photoshop guy, but I can edit Hex and program files.[/b]

That would be cool.
I love designing the shirts and wouldn't mind finding out the hexing stuff... but i'm a little too busy with other stuff to learn how to do that. I'm actually putting together a "What if" Scenario Legends mod with all time legends of all the top tier nations. I want to create all new kits that encapsulate these Legends. I'm playing around with the bok front strip right now and am just bloody keen to see what it looks like... The game play of the legends so far is pretty much kick-ass... in my humble opinion, with a very clear Blacks and Boks domination. But I was playing wales as a test and if they gain some momentem through a few phases it's pretty damn hard to stop a try! But yea that's what i'm plotting! Help would be awesome...

And though a lion should hate those on the "other side", the bulls have stolen my heart (well at least second place) over the last few years. But you must admit my team is much more consistent than yours :lol:
[/b][/quote]

Oh and running XP... so obviously screwing up some other way. This is a very rough first try at the bok front:

[/quote]

Oh and running XP... so obviously screwing up some other way. This is a very rough first try at the bok front:
[/quote]

Consistantly under-performing yeah, but I was busy with some fsh files last nite in FSHEd, I will try to get some screenshots together and post in the Tutorial, cos I'm sure there are others out there that also struggle with the same issues. I myself prefer playing Rugby 06 even though I have both games, and with the help of a few of the other more talented kitmakers like Shaheen en Fa'atau I'm doing a full Currie Cup mod on 06, I gave up on the kit making jsut do not have the talent for it...

If I design the kits and don't dump them on you all at the same time... would you be able to help? (say no and i'll tell the Lions to beat the Bulls this S14! :p )

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (jacovw @ Nov 17 2009, 05:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
If I design the kits and don't dump them on you all at the same time... would you be able to help? (say no and i'll tell the Lions to beat the Bulls this S14! :p )[/b]

No problem brother, dump all you want, I might even ask you to do some kits for me...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Enjay2008 @ Nov 18 2009, 10:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (jacovw @ Nov 17 2009, 05:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If I design the kits and don't dump them on you all at the same time... would you be able to help? (say no and i'll tell the Lions to beat the Bulls this S14! :p )[/b]

No problem brother, dump all you want, I might even ask you to do some kits for me...
[/b][/quote]

These are the AB home/away kits (no back)

http://tribaloddities.weebly.com/uploads/2...516101_orig.png

http://tribaloddities.weebly.com/uploads/2...209863_orig.png

and the springbok

http://tribaloddities.weebly.com/uploads/2...021106_orig.png

http://tribaloddities.weebly.com/uploads/2...196794_orig.png

very rough but it is my first try. i'd just like to see what it looks like in-game... so i know what more to do! I'll put sponsers etc. on at a later stage, as well as fix the bok sox. I like the style for a Legends team, something special but not too flashy!

Very rough yeah, but hey it's a start you are already making better kits than I can, I never quite figured out how to do lines like you did for the boks away kit... anyway will drop it om my machine tonight and update the relevant big files for you and send them back.

PM me your e-mail address then I can send it to you.

BTW: this link for the AB's:

Has got an empty picture in it

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Enjay2008 @ Nov 18 2009, 01:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Very rough yeah, but hey it's a start you are already making better kits than I can, I never quite figured out how to do lines like you did for the boks away kit... anyway will drop it om my machine tonight and update the relevant big files for you and send them back.

PM me your e-mail address then I can send it to you.

BTW: this link for the AB's:

Has got an empty picture in it[/b]

Wow! it's amazing! I tried to be a little modest saying it's very rough! now I saw them in-game and they look awful! I still really like the concept (or design) but man oh man it needs detail and texture... Thanks that was a big help!

Is there anyway to take a FSH file and save it as an editable Photoshop file?

Wow! it's amazing! I tried to be a little modest saying it's very rough! now I saw them in-game and they look awful! I still really like the concept (or design) but man oh man it needs detail and texture... Thanks that was a big help!

Using the app called FSHed again, you can go to edit and export the file as a BMP, and then open it in PS to edit

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Anthony Allen @ Nov 13 2009, 08:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
how do i add download links later on on my thread so i can put them all on the first page[/b]

Please may you answer this question as i would like to know

plus how do i lock my topic so no one can say anything

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Anthony Allen @ Nov 20 2009, 08:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Anthony Allen @ Nov 13 2009, 08:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
how do i add download links later on on my thread so i can put them all on the first page[/b]

Please may you answer this question as i would like to know

plus how do i lock my topic so no one can say anything
[/b][/quote]

You have to be part of the "rugby08 patch team" or PM a "coach" or "head-coach" and ask them to edit your 1st post.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Enjay2008 @ Nov 20 2009, 10:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

Using the app called FSHed again, you can go to edit and export the file as a BMP, and then open it in PS to edit[/b]

I was using the wrong version of FSHED. "that's why I het gesukkel!" :huh:

Latest posts