• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

UK Rugby 2005 Release Date!

Originally posted by Teh Mite@Feb 19 2005, 02:50 PM
Here's a tricky one...

On the 4th do I -

A ) Buy the game from tesco imedeately after work and get blind drunk winning the Heineken Cup

or

B ) Get blind drunk watching Northampton Wanderers vs. Leicester Tigers...

What a tough old choice...
or Forget Work, Get Blind Drunk playing it then go and watch Northampton V Leicester and drink some more

Originally posted by getofmeland+Feb 20 2005, 03:34 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (getofmeland @ Feb 20 2005, 03:34 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Teh Mite
@Feb 19 2005, 02:50 PM
Here's a tricky one...

On the 4th do I  -

A ) Buy the game from tesco imedeately after work and get blind drunk winning the Heineken Cup

or

or Forget Work, Get Blind Drunk playing it then go and watch Northampton V Leicester and drink some more [/b]
yep...option c....
<
<

thanks nui great info...$100?...thats cheap as ill preoreder next week....thanx

Originally posted by Teh Mite@Feb 20 2005, 02:50 AM
Here's a tricky one...

On the 4th do I -

or

maybe i didn't understand...do u like drink?
<

Meh......

Not out here in the US till the 9th next month.

I've no choice but to wait impatiently!
<

Originally posted by THE CHIROPRACTOR101+Feb 20 2005, 08:15 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (THE CHIROPRACTOR101 @ Feb 20 2005, 08:15 AM)</div>
Originally posted by getofmeland@Feb 20 2005, 03:34 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-Teh Mite
Here's a tricky one...

On the 4th do I  -

or

or Forget Work, Get Blind Drunk playing it then go and watch Northampton V Leicester and drink some more
yep...option c....
<
<

thanks nui great info...$100?...thats cheap as ill preoreder next week....thanx[/b]
you also ordering from gameplay.co.uk????our ps2's are PAL aye?? I think they are...........
<
<

I noticed this at the bottom of play.com's Rugby 2005 page...

Originally posted by play.com
PAL: Will play on UK and European Playstation2 only
It might pay to email them to ensure it will work in Australasia.

Originally posted by JJ-+Feb 20 2005, 11:42 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (-JJ- @ Feb 20 2005, 11:42 AM)</div>
I noticed this at the bottom of play.com's Rugby 2005 page...

<!--QuoteBegin-play.com
PAL: Will play on UK and European Playstation2 only
It might pay to email them to ensure it will work in Australasia. [/b]
http://www.psreporter.com/pal_system_tv_standard.html

Didnt no how to make a link to this site but i looked up this and it shows all countries who have PAL ps2's. New Zealand, Australia and South Africa included!!!!
<
<

Yeah, I know that PAL formats work in PAL countries, I just found it odd that this site specifically said it would only work on UK and European PS2's.

Originally posted by nui1stxv+Feb 20 2005, 11:33 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (nui1stxv @ Feb 20 2005, 11:33 AM)</div>
Originally posted by THE CHIROPRACTOR101@Feb 20 2005, 08:15 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-Teh Mite
Here's a tricky one...

On the 4th do I  -

or

yep...option c....
<
<

you also ordering from gameplay.co.uk????our ps2's are PAL aye?? I think they are...........
<
<
[/b]
gotta xbox...doe it matter?....is xbox multi zone?...eg. plays u.s and euro games?

Originally posted by THE CHIROPRACTOR101+Feb 20 2005, 02:08 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (THE CHIROPRACTOR101 @ Feb 20 2005, 02:08 PM)</div>
Originally posted by nui1stxv@Feb 20 2005, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by THE CHIROPRACTOR101@Feb 20 2005, 08:15 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-Teh Mite
Here's a tricky one...

On the 4th do I  -

or

yep...option c....
<
<

<
<
gotta xbox...doe it matter?....is xbox multi zone?...eg. plays u.s and euro games? [/b]
http://forums.xbox-scene.com/lofiversion/i....php/t8974.html

look here, its a thread from a topic about pal/ntsc xbox's. just thought you mite be interested!!
<

Im getting the pc version from gamesman in nz, but mite change it 2 xbox!!Mite not play well on my pc!!

european conslole games work down here cos i got games from engaland and they all work!!

i even got vice city from england!

and it works fine!

Sorry - is that on PS2 or xbox?

English games that work down here that is (is down here NZ?)

I see the POMS won't answer my question!!!
<

Thus I must inform you that according to all the English sites today - the new release date is 11/03....

Karma.

As at today australias release date is the 17thMarch2005

Englands would NOT be more than 1 week away from that date

The 11th sounds more believable, than the 4th

If ur from NZ/AUS u can use UK ps2 games.

If ur willing to order via web, and get a pom on ur cover, and prey it gets back to you before local release, u can........it WILL WORK on PS2's in australia and NZ.

As long as its PAL, its all good!!!!!

Thanks heaps for the info!!!!

Now that it is 11/03 and not 04/03 AND because the English sites don't seem to post to NZ -have checked their destination list and we r not included!? - and if they did it might not arrive first...

I think I will just have to wait.

It's crazy though - If I saw someone walking past me on the street with an advance copy or an EA employee with one etc - I would probably mug him!

Originally posted by ak47@Feb 21 2005, 01:56 PM
The 11th sounds more believable, than the 4th
This is really weird.

UK/Europe apparently the 4th of March.

North America the 9th of March.

That large island with the deadly creatures and the other one with sheep - the 17 of March.

What the hell, EA? What. The. Hell?

Why can't we put heat on EA by claiming that we are ALL going to order our copies from overseas making the NZ EA sales look like total s**t?

That might bring that date forward.

Is their a consumer's rights law being broken here - if the game is ready to go at the same time - why shouldn't it be released at the same time.

I have pre-ordered from GPstore and am now emailing them to ask why I shouldn't cancel and buy from England.

However,
I think the UK release date is now 11/03...

can someone confirm?

Latest posts