• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

UK Rugby 2005 Release Date!

Originally posted by captainamerica@Feb 23 2005, 12:33 PM
YEEEEEEEEEEAAAAH!

USA! USA! 9th OF MARCH! 9th of MARCH!

I mean, North America! North America!

We just might be getting it first -- woot!
WooHoo!!!

We gettin' it soon!!!!
<

Of all places, imagine us here in the US getting it the quickest.
<

Originally posted by Boltman+Feb 23 2005, 04:25 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Boltman @ Feb 23 2005, 04:25 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-captainamerica
@Feb 23 2005, 12:33 PM
YEEEEEEEEEEAAAAH!

USA!  USA!  9th OF MARCH!  9th of MARCH!

I mean, North America!  North America!

WooHoo!!!

We gettin' it soon!!!!
<

<
[/b]
Yep, yep!

Then we'll get back up here and post to all these suckas!

"Oh, you ain't got the game yet? Where you living, New Zealand or somethin?"

BAAAAAAAAAAA!

"Hey you played in the . . . oh, you ain't got it either? What are you, English?"

BAAAAAAAAAAA!

(Dude, I've got a million of these kind of jokes and they are all funny, if not hilarious.)

USA! USA! USA! (and Canada!) USA! USA!

Originally posted by captainamerica+Feb 23 2005, 07:22 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (captainamerica @ Feb 23 2005, 07:22 PM)</div>
Originally posted by Boltman@Feb 23 2005, 04:25 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-captainamerica
@Feb 23 2005, 12:33 PM
YEEEEEEEEEEAAAAH!

USA!  USA!  9th OF MARCH!  9th of MARCH!

I mean, North America!  North America!

WooHoo!!!

We gettin' it soon!!!!
<

<
Yep, yep!

Then we'll get back up here and post to all these suckas!

"Oh, you ain't got the game yet? Where you living, New Zealand or somethin?"

BAAAAAAAAAAA!

"Hey you played in the . . . oh, you ain't got it either? What are you, English?"

BAAAAAAAAAAA!

(Dude, I've got a million of these kind of jokes and they are all funny, if not hilarious.)

USA! USA! USA! (and Canada!) USA! USA! [/b]
<

I don't know what is more true:

- that you're killing me (I'm a kiwi)
- that I would have done the exact same thing (if i had time between games)...but obviously w/out as much hilarity.

<Have just sat back and envisioned myself diving to the corner with Sivivatu (for the ABs) and the delay of waiting to see if the try has been scored to win the WC final.....Oh, the envy.

I've got Rugby 2005 on order with Play.com and they have now changed the release date to the 18th.

I've checked several other sites and they state the following:-

Special Reserve - 4/3/05
Amazon - 11/3/05
Gamespot - 18/3/05
EA Sports (UK) - 4/3/05

What the hell is going on?

Seems there is just no definite answer Griff... everything is conflicting which helps nobody at all...

I don't wanna have to pre-order it from somewhere that has the date messed up and they end up delivering the game a week late...
I'm gonna hedge my bets and go for the 11th as the release date, anybody giving any odds on the 11th?

on the EA forums, theres been a response by an admin dude stating the UK release date as being 11th March in response to a question by mjrobinsonwba, the same dude who started this thread.

Here's what he had to say (dated today 23rd Feb):

Admin: EAUK_Sentience

Hi mjrobinsonwba84, welcome to the forums. The current release date for Rugby 2005 in the UK is March 11th. We'll let you know if that changes but we don't anticipate it doing so.

As for a demo we're still waiting to hear where it will be cover mounted, we'll let you know once we get word back.

... so it looks like the 11th then guys

Damn, interstingly game.uk.com says Mar. 4th for Xbox and 11th for PC and Playstation.

For all those in Ireland (and this might apply to the UK too)...

I've got confirmation from GameStop.ie that Rugby 2005 will be available on the 11th March, so thats an extra week unfortunately.

However, to make that wait a little more comfortable, the demo should be available next week... so if you're in the vicinity of a store get your ass in there, or... they'll post one out. Here's the email I received today (23/02) having enquired about the game and demo...

"Thanks for the mail.
Rugby 2005 is being released on 11th March in ROI and NI. Demos will be available, hopefully next week. If you mail me your address I will post one out to you.

Gordan D'Arcy is in GameStop, Henry St. on Saturday 5th March from 12 - 2pm if you have a jersey to get signed!
If there is anything else I can help with please let me know."

How's that for a pleasant response? I'm chuffed anyways... address sent and hopefully a demo winging its way via an post. Now... I'm taking this person on face value... so hopefully all she has said holds true!

well i went into EB yesterday and the bloke said it had been brought forward to the 10th march2005 for Australian release

NOW DONT TAKE THIS AS TRUTH

EB are known for their uneducated employees

i just laughed and ask of a demo, and bought Ace Combat!

it will come out between the 10th and the 17th tho

GT4 comes out on the 10th, so if i have to buy 2 games in 1 day, and try to play each of them in that 1st night, i may invite the mates over, and have 2 tv's, 2 ps2's and 2 high quality games going simultaneously....then call an annual leave at work for a week

sounds like a plan ak...

tho if I'm to get a 2nd game around the same time, I'll plum for MGS3 - wouldn't have the time to properly commit to GT4 whilst Rugby 2005 was on the go

Originally posted by Los Lover@Feb 23 2005, 09:31 PM
<

I don't know what is more true:

- that you're killing me (I'm a kiwi)
- that I would have done the exact same thing (if i had time between games)...but obviously w/out as much hilarity.

<Have just sat back and envisioned myself diving to the corner with Sivivatu (for the ABs) and the delay of waiting to see if the try has been scored to win the WC final.....Oh, the envy.
Here are some things that I guarantee will be overheard in the United States on March 9th (days before you get it!) by some video game players that no nothing about rugby.

-- "Why don't they have helmets and facemasks?"

-- "Is New Zealand the capital of Australia?"

-- "Where's Australia?"

-- "Dad, what's a Canada?"

-- "Is rugby like football, but for foreigners? Is that why they don't wear pads?"

-- "Throw it down field!"

Yeah, maybe as a country we don't deserve to get the game first but . . .

SUCKAS!

Originally posted by raziel_eire@Feb 24 2005, 08:40 AM

I've got confirmation from GameStop.ie that Rugby 2005 will be available on the 11th March, so thats an extra week unfortunately.

However, to make that wait a little more comfortable, the demo should be available next week... so if you're in the vicinity of a store get your ass in there, or... they'll post one out. Here's the email I received today (23/02) having enquired about the game and demo...

"Thanks for the mail.
Rugby 2005 is being released on 11th March in ROI and NI. Demos will be available, hopefully next week. If you mail me your address I will post one out to you.

Gordan D'Arcy is in GameStop, Henry St. on Saturday 5th March from 12 - 2pm if you have a jersey to get signed!

How's that for a pleasant response? I'm chuffed anyways... address sent and hopefully a demo winging its way via an post. Now... I'm taking this person on face value... so hopefully all she has said holds true!
firstly i ned to ask u what are ROI and NI? and bout the demo do you know if it will be possible to download it?well if u no how to get it pls help me.i live in europe so the things should work alike.thank u anticipating

Originally posted by Badboy+Feb 24 2005, 09:51 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Badboy @ Feb 24 2005, 09:51 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-raziel_eire
@Feb 24 2005, 08:40 AM

"Thanks for the mail.

firstly i ned to ask u what are ROI and NI? and bout the demo do you know if it will be possible to download it?well if u no how to get it pls help me.i live in europe so the things should work alike.thank u anticipating [/b]
Republic
Of
Ireland

and

Northern
Ireland

Originally posted by Badboy+Feb 24 2005, 09:51 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Badboy @ Feb 24 2005, 09:51 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-raziel_eire
@Feb 24 2005, 08:40 AM

"Thanks for the mail.

firstly i ned to ask u what are ROI and NI? and bout the demo do you know if it will be possible to download it?well if u no how to get it pls help me.i live in europe so the things should work alike.thank u anticipating [/b]
ROI - Republic of Ireland
NI - Northern Ireland

If it's easier, I've got a friend from Omagh (in Northern Ireland) and he calls anyone from ROI a Mexican (because they are south of the border).

I think the demo will be possible to download when it comes out, possibly from EA's own website (they usually have all their demos available).

Aren't European and UK videos/tvs the same? You should be fine.

Non sono un ruffiano.

yeah one would expect a pc demo to be downloadable as that seems to be the normal way and for a game like rugby which isn't widely knowen ea would want to get as many people as possible to play the game

Capt. dude.... a little clarification...

I go to college in the north (the UK), worked (for 6.5 years) in the south and live exactly on the border (
<
bandit country) ... so I know the score with tv workings/local name calling etc...

what I meant by '(and this might apply in the UK)' was in regards to the release date information I had just got confirmed from an Irish store with outlets on both sides of the border, hence that date might also apply to the UK aswell as Rep. of Ire

... plus the demo I'm after is for the PS2, much prefer my sports games on the big tv !

just thought I'd clear that all up!
<

Originally posted by raziel_eire@Feb 24 2005, 10:12 AM
Capt. dude.... a little clarification...

I go to college in the north (the UK), worked (for 6.5 years) in the south and live exactly on the border (
<
bandit country) ... so I know the score with tv workings/local name calling etc...

what I meant by '(and this might apply in the UK)' was in regards to the release date information I had just got confirmed from an Irish store with outlets on both sides of the border, hence that date might also apply to the UK aswell as Rep. of Ire

... plus the demo I'm after is for the PS2, much prefer my sports games on the big tv !

just thought I'd clear that all up!
<
Gracias!

Originally posted by raziel_eire@Feb 24 2005, 09:32 AM
sounds like a plan ak...

tho if I'm to get a 2nd game around the same time, I'll plum for MGS3 - wouldn't have the time to properly commit to GT4 whilst Rugby 2005 was on the go
MGS3 will be very good, it got 10/10 from the same dudes that gave GT4 10/10.

But I'll rent MGS3 1st, just cause the last ones i finished in a few days and $100 was not well spent.

They reckon MGS3 has set a new benchmark in its genre...look out Sam Fisher!

I just want the song!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Latest posts