• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Ulster v Bath

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Juggernaut @ Oct 9 2009, 03:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (crispy @ Oct 8 2009, 03:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Depends how iHumph plays, if he's on song Ulster have the pack and the outside backs to do a lot of damage.
[/b]

Nagusa to score 2 tries... B)
[/b][/quote]

well he's half way there getting the first try for Ulster, currently 10-3 up.

20-12 now to Ulster with 25 minutes left, try for Faloon but Davis' boot is keeping them in this game.

FT 26-12 Ulster. Great win for them and no bonus point for Bath, McLaughlin should be well pleased with tonight's effort.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ali12 @ Oct 7 2009, 10:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Think we very much CAN win this one, but its hard to say if they will. It depends so much on the ref, the weather and whether :)o :eek: :eek:) Olly Barkley is back for the game. If the right Bath turn up and the ref is lenient at the breakdown in the right conditions, they can definately take the game to Ulster. If the wrong Bath turn up and the referee is strict at the breakdown in the wrong conditions, Ulster could potentially tear Bath to shreds. We (Bath) have a fantastic centre partnership going at the moment in Hape and Carraro and Little is kicking beautifully (80 odd % so far this season). Salvi is proving one of the signings of the season (apart from the high penalty count - which is why the ref is so crucial), Grewcock is playing excellently, Flatman is back to his old perfect-scrummaging self and Matt Banahan (if fit) is a game changer.[/b]

Unfortunately, the wrong bath turned up, the ref was stick at the breakdown, Little, Short and Barkley weren't available and the conditions were always going to be against our running game. Davis seemed to kick well for a change from the 1/2 hour or so i caught on the radio and Abendanon seemed to have a shocker under the high ball - disappointing i had thought he had turned a corner.

BIG result for Ulster. Great start to the campaign. To be honest it was a must win, and they delivered well.

Delighted.

Me too, pity I'll have to wait til Sunday for highlights. Ulster could do well in this pool, they really put it up to Paris home and Away last year, and Stade were a much better side last year too...

Didn't see game but magical win for Ulster as home wins are vital. Hope they can keep it going and result even better without services of Rory Best.

Ferris i suppose had big game and well good to see Ulster progressing and developing nicely.

Didn't see the game so can only go off reports I've read in the papers and on the Ulster unofficial website. They're raving about the Ulster defence and Willie Faloon in particular. It sounds like they've unearthed a gem in the young openside. He could be in with a shot at A international recognition next month.

26-12 is a good result. Edinburgh next week is huge for them. Win, as they should have done a few weeks ago in the Magners League, and Ulster will fancy their chances of causing an upset and getting out of the group for the first time in more than a decade.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MunsterMan @ Oct 10 2009, 01:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Me too, pity I'll have to wait til Sunday for highlights. Ulster could do well in this pool, they really put it up to Paris home and Away last year, and Stade were a much better side last year too...[/b]
Stade last year = Hernandez and Beauxis's feet, nothing more.

Since a few game and with the new staff they played very well. They're currently the best attack of Top 14 and they scored many nice tries.  I think that for the first time since 2 years they understood that the backs were able to touch the ball too sometimes.

They still need a big win to confirm their return at the top level but I rate them much higher than last year. The draw at Toulouse was already a significant result.

Latest posts