17: Jack McGrath
18: Clint Newland
19: Ed O'Donoghue
20: Ben Marshall
21: Paul O'Donohoe
22: Ian Madigan
23: Andrew Conway

That's a stronger team than I expected.

Dave Kearney will benefit from playing in such an experienced backline. Shaun Berne at 10 isn't a worry because he's done exceptionally well when pitched in alongside first teamers.

Schmidt has gone with the strongest scrummaging props and best lineout jumper (Devin Toner) to help Jason Harris Wright through the game. That's good management. The backrow is young but it's damn talented.

It's a very inexperienced bench. Aaron Dundon and Ben Marshall have yet to make their Leinster debut, Andrew Conway is still in his teens, Ian Madigan is still very raw and Jack McGrath has yet to start a game. Those with more experience, O'Donoghue, O'Donohoe and Newland aren't exactly impact players.

Ulster's pack should just about have the upper hand but Leinster's cutting edge behind the scrum should be the difference. Leinster by less than 7.

Every time I've seen O'Donohoe come off the bench hes made a huge difference! Although he usually coming on for Keane, so that might not be too relevant :p I really rate him though, hopefully he will get himself to Connacht. Saw a good article comparing his fortunes with Keatley's, two Clontarf boys who were around the same level 3 years ago, now O'Donohoe can hardly make a ML 22 and Keatley has 53 ML appearences and a contract with Munster for next season.

Watching this Leinster team will be interesting, good to see so many youngins :)

Who the heck is Aaron Dundon? Maybe I've taken my eye off the academy a bit but I've genuinely never heard of the guy.

Dundon's been playing in the AIL for Clontarf. He's an Ireland club international and is around 28 years old. It represents a good opportunity for him. If he's as useful as his club international frontrow teammate Simon Shawe has been in emergency action, he'll prove to be a decent addition.

So... all Irish internationals rested, apart from Brian O'Driscoll.

There's a very welcome exception to see. Honest.

Well, no pressure Mr. Spence. Or to you, Mr. O'Connor. And don't worry Paddy, that Mike Ross fella's just a fat lazy git who only gets picked for his scrum... oh.

I hope Berne has another non-kicking day as we will surely too.

All in all, not terribly confident but this can be done. An awful lot rests on three young pairs of shoulders though.

Niall O'Conner is bloody useless. How can you make the wrong decision every single time?

This is such a shite game. 23 points to six in favor of Leinster at the moment.

Hang on, Horgan in the corner.

Oooooff, D'arcy just got murdered.

That boy Gilroy just went in. Some player in the making. D'arcy did well to get right back up.

Oooooff, D'arcy just got murdered.

That boy Gilroy just went in. Some player in the making. D'arcy did well to get right back up.

D'Arcy made that try.

Well done Leinster. Didn't watch it all as I was out but that which I did... difference between defences was embarassing.

Latest posts