• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Uncharted Territory - Pro 14 - Quarter Finals 2018

Weir has been *****. Embra showing what Cockers said all week, they didn't expect to be here, they aren't used to it. Really the only difference.

Communion season in Limerick again I see.
Still had 15000 or so in there today.
Was poor still but well in semis it'll only be 19000 capacity so no biggie.

As for game we were hugely flat. Lucky in alot of ways. Had end of season feel to it. Thankfully have 2 weeks off now and will hopefully benefit from being fresher against a Leinster team who will have energy levels sapped in heat of Bilbao.

Again we will go with little expectations but well hopefully can cause a shock. On game Grobler really made impact and Parker did very well for a lad not used to this level.
Nice game by Zebo on his last home game.

But as saying goes happy to be through but a lot of work to do

That's disappointing.

Embra going well so far.
Yeah was poor turnout considering weather and fact it was knockout game. Heard murmurs Cork fans weren't happy with times and Ed Sheeran gig has put alot of them off travelling.
Still would've expected better

Still had 15000 or so in there today.
Was poor still but well in semis it'll only be 19000 capacity so no biggie.

As for game we were hugely flat. Lucky in alot of ways. Had end of season feel to it. Thankfully have 2 weeks off now and will hopefully benefit from being fresher against a Leinster team who will have energy levels sapped in heat of Bilbao.

Again we will go with little expectations but well hopefully can cause a shock. On game Grobler really made impact and Parker did very well for a lad not used to this level.
Nice game by Zebo on his last home game.

But as saying goes happy to be through but a lot of work to do

Said 10,200 or something for the official capacity on the42, but anyway delighted you guys made it through and hoping /i can make the RDS

Official attendance was 10,205.

Only 1 week to sell tickets and a bank holiday weekend means people could be away but it's still a poor attendance. I hope when the bandwagon start looking for tickets to the semi final in the RDS that priority is given to those who turned up today.

Official attendance was 10,205.

Only 1 week to sell tickets and a bank holiday weekend means people could be away but it's still a poor attendance. I hope when the bandwagon start looking for tickets to the semi final in the RDS that priority is given to those who turned up today.
Fair enough but that 10000 doesn't include kids who are free but also won't make up the lot. But again as you say Bank Holiday, Ed Sheeran gigs and time of kick off as well as others things are factors. Still my view is every game should be 90-95% full. Like not having a dig at Leinster but they've had poorish turnouts too for a city with population. Bandwagon fans wouldn't travel to RDS either as chances of win are little.
Tickets will only go to season ticket holders and clubs I'd guess.
19000 for game. Take Munster 25% and corporate tickets and I'd guess it'll be more bandwagon fans on Leinster who will loose out plus some genuine fans

Didn't see munster. Was working but wins a win. Edinburgh becoming a bogie.
Cheetahs will get pumped here. Speaking of bad attendances though....

Very happy with that return to form , thought we lacked a bit of accuracy against dragons last week. Cheetahs been a dangerous team all season and a credit to the saffas. Glasgow will be a tougher opposition but on that form I expect us to have enough to just over haul them . Solid send off for Beirne , Barclay and Williams stalwarts all 3 and gonna be sorely missed next season .

Buggrit. Munster were completely there for the taking - they had a bad day at the office. Edinburgh missed Jamie Ritchie in the loose forwards (late fall off) as he has been electric recently.

Still a remarkable achievement to get this far with a pretty makeshift set of backs. Relieved to see Fowles come on and have a good effort. A lot will rely on him next year if Cockerill can't prise away one of the top three Scottish scrum halfs currently at Glasgow.

The other match didn't surprise me as the Cheetahs have been running on fumes (I hope their internationals get to skip the June internationals). I'd also say I've not been impressed by Rory Duncan who appears to have coached them at the beginning and end of the season (I think with Franco Smith coaching them during their mid season surge?). If it wasn't for their altitude advantage I can imagine a world where the Kings are the better SA franchise next season and neither reach playoffs.

Scarlets showed enough to make them favourites against Glasgow I think. Good to see Steff Evans back on form with a bit of a wonder try.

Buggrit. Munster were completely there for the taking - they had a bad day at the office. Edinburgh missed Jamie Ritchie in the loose forwards (late fall off) as he has been electric recently.

Still a remarkable achievement to get this far with a pretty makeshift set of backs. Relieved to see Fowles come on and have a good effort. A lot will rely on him next year if Cockerill can't prise away one of the top three Scottish scrum halfs currently at Glasgow.

The other match didn't surprise me as the Cheetahs have been running on fumes (I hope their internationals get to skip the June internationals). I'd also say I've not been impressed by Rory Duncan who appears to have coached them at the beginning and end of the season (I think with Franco Smith coaching them during their mid season surge?). If it wasn't for their altitude advantage I can imagine a world where the Kings are the better SA franchise next season and neither reach playoffs.

Scarlets showed enough to make them favourites against Glasgow I think. Good to see Steff Evans back on form with a bit of a wonder try.
Fully agreed with assessment Bruce but Edinburgh shouldn't fear coming to us or any big team. Cockers has improved them massively and he never feared here as a coach and that mentality will transfer to players. They have made massive strides in a short time and will continue that graph no doubt

Latest posts