• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Unchartered 2

T

TheBokke

The single player looks great but I am hoping we can all catch up in some MP action. Ceejay this should be up your alley after MGS4.

I'm sure there'll be at least a slight gameplay improvement, even so the gameplay was reasonably good in the first one. This was selected as best of show at E3 this year, so that should count for something. Mind you with many PS3 baggers being very fussy with their gaming requirements from the PS3, it'd not surprise me for people to expect more from this ***le than is possible.

All in all this will be a fun ***le, and a solid second chapter in a so-far very impressive series. Some people will expect to be sucked through their tv screen into the world Nathan Drake lives in, but that's indicative of the "hate everything as though I could do any better" days we all live in.

Sorry, but have had it with hype, people are gonna hype this up and then be shocked that it's just a game and then tear it apart.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Teh Mite @ Sep 23 2009, 08:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Have they improved the gameplay?[/b]

From what I hear yes. Check out the MP action on youtube looks like alot of fun. You know the hype when it comes to these big games always blow peoples expectations out the water resulting in a let down.

I did not really care much more the first, to much candy floss for my liking but this looks alot more gritty.

I played a demo of the first one and was ultimately disappointed. The potential was there (visuals, script etc.), but it felt far too clunky for my liking.

As yyou say, too many games suffer now with the Phantom-Menace syndrome; They get built up-and-up-and-up, only (more often then not) to be a massive let down.

The best example of which was Call of Duty: World at War.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (TheBokke @ Sep 23 2009, 09:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
The single player looks great but I am hoping we can all catch up in some MP action. Ceejay this should be up your alley after MGS4.[/b]

I bought and played through the first one, I was a little underwhelmed. When it turned into a zombie fest I really lost interest. It didnt help that it was the japanese censored version. This game seems to be one of the few region locked games for ps3, and the reason I bought the ps3 was for region free gaming, so I feel inclinded not to support this new version with a purchase. I cant rent games in Japan so Im left with the choice to buy or not. It looks great but I think I won t get it. I cant stand region locking and Im not going to settle for a censored version.

I havent been playing MGS4 or any games online recently, the attitude of people online is too depressing.

Online gaming sucks compared to playing your own mates in offline multiplayer in your own house. It'll make a big comeback one day I'm sure.

As for all the negativity about Uncharted 1, well Raiders Of the Lost Ark turned into a ghost-fest at the end, but that doesn't mean it sucked. If it's not your thing move on. Why do a lot of people now insist on camping around something they don't like, extending their finger saying "this sucks" and jumping up and down flinging their monkey poop at it?

Find something you do like.

Iversen,

I didnt say that it sucked. The zombies is a personal dislike, but its hard to "move on" when Ive bought a game and am two thirds of the way through. I think I gave good reasons for being underwhelmed, and object to being told that Im jumping up and down and flinging mokey poop something.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CeeJay @ Sep 24 2009, 04:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Iversen,

I didnt say that it sucked. The zombies is a personal dislike, but its hard to "move on" when Ive bought a game and am two thirds of the way through. I think I gave good reasons for being underwhelmed, and object to being told that Im jumping up and down and flinging mokey poop something.[/b]

I never said you personally were, why is it when I use metaphors people assume I'm talking about them. re-read and you'll be clearly confronted with my words (not an interpretation of them) which say "As for all the negativity about Uncharted 1.....". My comment regarding the "ghost-fest" at the end of Raiders, was meant for all the people (and there are many, not just you) who thought that mysticism (in relation to the end of game enemies) was out of place.

My comments at the end didn't personally relate to you. One post can refer to more than one person and I'd of mentioned you personally if I meant you.

I go on a few PS3 Forums and have heard rampant hype and negativity in the same thread regarding this ***le. So, I was also making general reference to the people who are blatantly negative for no good reason nowadays. Everything sucks or is below average, or not upto the standard they thought it should've been. Now if your not one of these people, then don't be offended, if you are then be offended. Simple.

I had assumed that your opinion was neither largely negative nor positive. The way I read it you had more problems with region coding on games. So perhaps I was making a statement about hype as I had earlier and wasn't talking about you?

While I'm on the topic, people don't like to admit when they are wrong or say sorry anymore either, so why should I when I'm referring to a general crowd of people, of whom you may not be a part?

I felt your post was directed at me and not some general population of complainers from some other board.

I was offended though, because I respect you as a member of this forum.

I've mainly been following this game on Neogaf and the majority there are enjoying the multiplayer demo and all the things you can do with it very much. not sure I'm too keen on the multiplayer part of it as I'll probably suck but I look forward to going through the main game when I decide to get it.

Here is the link.

xmvo6b.jpg

Nice

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Teh Mite @ Sep 24 2009, 11:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (TheBokke @ Sep 24 2009, 11:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
http://www.eurogamer.pt/videos/uncharted-2...e-gelo?size=med

Definately my kind of game I think it looks awesome and very smooth. Infinfity Ward played it at TGS and reckon everyone should buy it, they reckon its awesome!! Pretty good from the best FPS developers in the business.[/b]

Valve may have a thing or 2 to say about that.
[/b][/quote]

I guess we should all qualify everything we say. I'll correct poor Bokke for you. "Pretty good from pretty damn near the best FPS developers in the business".

Hope thats almost correct now.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Teh Mite @ Sep 25 2009, 12:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (TheBokke @ Sep 24 2009, 11:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
http://www.eurogamer.pt/videos/uncharted-2...e-gelo?size=med

Definately my kind of game I think it looks awesome and very smooth. Infinfity Ward played it at TGS and reckon everyone should buy it, they reckon its awesome!! Pretty good from the best FPS developers in the business.[/b]

Valve may have a thing or 2 to say about that.
[/b][/quote]

No danger spoke to Valve after I made that statement they were not offended luckily :lol: .

Demo should be out today MP. So if anyone wants to hook up for some co-op or deathmatch you know where to find me.

Latest posts