• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Under 20 Six Nations

Ringrose is the chosen one. He will surely lead us to paradise.
Great try. Equally impressive was Byrne's zipped cut out pass off his left hand to create the opportunity.

- - - Updated - - -

When only really watching the game to see how the Ireland player's perform, it takes a lot for an opponent to stand out. The England loosehead Ellis Genge certainly does though. Fantastic player.

Ireland 14 - 19 England. England too strong up front.

- - - Updated - - -

Some gob*****es in that England team

Annoying last 10, still some great performances from some of the Irish lads.

Scotland 45-0 Italy back to back wins its looking good for the under 20 side :)

Can anyone tell me how the two Sale lads got on?
Parker was the starting tighthead, Mitchell the starting 9 (and apparently saw out the last 20 as Flyhalf?).

Parker went ok, good player by the look of it, a clear step down from Hill though.
But Hill is outstanding, so that's not really a slight on Parker.

Mitchell on the other hand.... :unsure:

He wasn't terrible, but he wasn't great.
Service was slow and the Irish managed to tackle him before he got a pass away numerous times.

This year's flankers and half backs aren't very good on the evidence of this 6N TBH.

He wasn't terrible, but he wasn't great.
Service was slow and the Irish managed to tackle him before he got a pass away numerous times.

This year's flankers and half backs aren't very good on the evidence of this 6N TBH.

Was there any particular reason he got MOTM then?

I probably only watched 40 minutes of the game in total, a lot of that with the starting 9 at 10, but whilst at 9 I think I saw him get caught at the breakdown two or three times, just so slow! Pace of the game will only go up as the level gets higher.

What no one is pointing out is that Mitchell was given zero protection for most of the match. It took us about 40 minutes to wake up to the fact we needed to be flooding into the breakdown. Most scrum-halves will be caught with their pants down in that situation. I thought Mitchell showed some great awareness and tactical kicking at times and am interested to see how he gets on in future - believe that was only his first start at this level?

For me, Mitchell was one of our standout players.

Mitchell's service was slow and his passing off his left needs work, kicking and tactical awareness were top notch though. The English loosehead, 5, Ringrose and Byrne were the standouts yesterday.

Latest posts