• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Unlockables

OK...getting closer to conquering World league on hard.....

After three seasons I have made the 1st Division (2 years in third - won in second - and first in 2nd division first-time round on points differential...phew!)

If I can win it then I will have only Six Nations and Euro Trophy to go on Hard level....then hopefully the teams will unlock...
<

I had to slog away at first and only won four games in my first year and came 9th, but I purchased CauCau.....and with good tactical kicking and, when I could, flair...I am now in 1st Division (no cheat saves either)...pretty stoked.

<

recommended players (the ones I have bought so far in order):

- Caucaunibuca - pace 97 etc...
- Tuilevu - very good stats for price (in Fiji team...has 89 speed, 93 acceleration and can play centre or wing)
- My created player of myself (!) - reasonable buy! Stats good but not silly.
- Ohatuna (or s'thing) - Japanese winger....98 speed, 90-odd acceleration!! Quite a sight in full flight.
- BOD (the superstar has brought s'thing special to this pacey backline
- only forwards bought before my only game of 1st Div, which I won with a four-try bonus point.....they were Os Du Randt and Victor Matfield (for some SA grunt!).

Going all out for a kick-ass backline worked for me! Just play territory and then pounce when the opportunity arrises. Time your defensive runners over the offside line at pace and put pressure on kicks - it makes a difference. Also - when kicking on side view aim the analogue stick directly down or up for better angle to beat the Fb and wingers....more than on an angle...i.e. almost straight odwn or up, but not quite.

How close to completion are others on hard? Any closer to finding out if unlockables??

For the record I have seen no extra teams so far and have completed (on Hard level only)....

- Tri nations
- Bledisloe Cup
- Super 12
- Ten Nations
- Lions Tours: NZ, Australia and South Africa
- 3rd div and 2nd div - 1st position both - World league - will complete 1st division (if play well enough!) asap

still to do:

- Euro Trophy (lost semi-final)
- Six Nations (have not played yet!)

ANNOUNCEMENT: NOTHING UNLOCKED

PLATFORM: XBOX
DIFFICULTY LEVEL: NORMAL

I HAVE WON THE FOLLOWING:

LIONS TOUR OF AUSTRALIA
LIONS TOUR OF SOUTH AFRICA
LIONS TOUR OF NEW ZEALAND
BLEDISLOE CUP
TEN NATIONS
SIX NATIONS
EUROPEAN TROPHY
TRI NATIONS
WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP
WORLD LEAGUE DIVISION 1
WORLD LEAGUE DIVISION 2
WORLD LEAGUE DIVISION 3
WORLD LEGUE KNOCKOUT CUP
SUPER 12
BASIC TRAINING

NOTHING HAS BEEN UNLOCKED - I CHECKED FOR NEW TEAMS IN THE REPRESENTATIVE SECTION AND FOR ANY NEW TOURNYS

AM I MISSING ANYTHING ????

yeah, i've got the same trophies on normal, was pretty disappointed nothing was unlocked ..... someone mentioned that that you need to win all tropies on all levels i.e. Easy, Normal and Hard ....

Originally posted by samoan stallion@Apr 3 2005, 07:27 PM
yeah, i've got the same trophies on normal, was pretty disappointed nothing was unlocked ..... someone mentioned that that you need to win all tropies on all levels i.e. Easy, Normal and Hard ....
I'd say thats bullshit.

me too....

i`ve unlocked everything on normal but i`m not gonna go any further because i don`t want to waste my time unless someone else does it first and tell us exactly how you unlock stuff.

Haha!...

<

normal...!!
<

If it's anything...it will be trophies on hard...that's just logical....it's the last frontier.

It's an extra for people who conquer the game at its hardest AI - you can't fast-track it.

As per previous posts I am getting closer.

I have four games to go and have a four point lead (hard level world league division 1)....But games against 2nd place Brumbies and 3rd place London Wasps next up......good chance to run away with it or alternatively lose it all!!

..and sorry jacko but it's actually not Ohata..check it yourself....Onahota or something....he's hella quick! Holy crap!

Caps where you at? (in the game)

Actually, i think Jacko's right, it's meant to be Ohata. I don't think EA had rights or licenses to some of the national or club teams, the commentator refers to him as Ohata as well, even though the spelling is incorrect. Whatever, he's quick .... i've got him in my world league team as well ...

Yes OK! But I meant for people wanting to find him IN THE GAME...that's his name - "onomota"....or sthing!

OK.....Just finished division one champion (Hard level)!!!!!

<
<

First by eleven (!) points over second placed Wasps.....

lost last ga,e of season against Crusaders in a match which reminded me why I like this game...******** pipped me 33-27....I rallied from 30-5 down! But had my first-five injured and Heffler couldn't convert some from in front and ****!!

Anyway: sour point was losing the QF of the knockout cup, that runs at the same time as World league division play, to friggin' Munster!? They lift a bit for knockout games....I got caught out and it was devastating! Lost 33-27!
<

So now only trophies/banners on hard left to do are the folowing:

* Six Nations
* World league knockout Trophy (despite winning all three divisions...I have not won this!! damn it!)
* European Trophy

Winning got me heaps of points (100 for coming first in Division One and had some saved too so now my World league team (Hard level) is:

(will include **** guys or "starters" for accuracy)

1 P Gonzalez (starter - Argentina)
2 some chump (starter)
3 Os Du Randt (South Africa)
4 Ape Naevo (Fiji)
5 Victor Matfield (South Africa)
6 Katalau (starter - Fiji?)
7 Joe Van Niekirk (South Africa)
8 Donnison (starter - ?)
9 Pichot - captain - (Argentina)
10 Me! - kicker - (New Zealand) - GK stat only 88
11 Caucaunibuca (Fiji)
12 Tuilevu (Fiji)
13 Brian O'Driscoll
14 Ohata (Ohatona) - (Japan)
15 Jason Robinson (England)

Only 4 starting players remaining.....needless to say, the backline is pretty hard to handle....the speed, agility and acceleration of every player is a plethora of high 80s and 90s.....I still lose games occasionally against the top teams - Brumbies, Crusaders, Leicester......but the Blues are stuck in 2nd division at the moment! lol!
Nothing like their return to form in the real world.....
<

ive just done it on xbox - evry tournament, every difficulty, and all i got was the World Stars. bit of an anticlimax

Originally posted by daveyboy164@Apr 6 2005, 11:25 PM
ive just done it on xbox - evry tournament, every difficulty, and all i got was the World Stars. bit of an anticlimax
Can't have saved to profile, as mid World League I also saved to game file only and then to profile once I'd gone up missing a cup....you'll be short somewhere or something....good to see unlockables are all there and that you got one...well done!
<

dunno if this thread is dead or not but i have a theory. In the original rugby game (yeh i know 2005 is from different developers) you had to play as england in a friendly and beat Australia by 50 points on Hard to unlock the British Lions. Maybe something similar has been implemented into the new game. If so, that's a tonne of guess work

I've done everything on hard (trophies, basic training, banners etc.) and am nearly through normal. it's going to kill me if I have to play easy but if what daveyboy164 says then that's the only way to get the World Stars. I keep thinking though, this is just a rumour going round like in the golden days of 2004 when people, like me, clawed their eyes out winning the challenge tracking to get nothing.

The other kits (S12, NH, SH etc.) were either put there to give players a chance to create their own "best teams" using a team builder that wasen't put in the final game (or was it? i havent seen the option, only to build players), or just as an unlockable that wasen't put in due to timing constraints like 2004. This game was created in an even smaller timeframe so that seems likely considering they created a game thats so much better it makes 2004 look like a game that was released on an atari.

and, just another thing - completely off topic. if you were going to get another commentator to do original commentary for 2005, would you use the same old lines from 2004? it seems good enough for EA. only the guy from NZ was offering anything original in the commentary box.

They should take a leaf out of FIFA's book, as they're commentary, while annoying a lot of the time, is a lot more realistic and sounds really life like. All they would have to do is make the commentators sound generally excited at key points in the game, and it would sound great.

Originally posted by benchwarmer_chriswhitaker@Apr 15 2005, 08:40 PM
dunno if this thread is dead or not but i have a theory. In the original rugby game (yeh i know 2005 is from different developers) you had to play as england in a friendly and beat Australia by 50 points on Hard to unlock the British Lions. Maybe something similar has been implemented into the new game. If so, that's a tonne of guess work

I've done everything on hard (trophies, basic training, banners etc.) and am nearly through normal. it's going to kill me if I have to play easy but if what daveyboy164 says then that's the only way to get the World Stars. I keep thinking though, this is just a rumour going round like in the golden days of 2004 when people, like me, clawed their eyes out winning the challenge tracking to get nothing.

The other kits (S12, NH, SH etc.) were either put there to give players a chance to create their own "best teams" using a team builder that wasen't put in the final game (or was it? i havent seen the option, only to build players), or just as an unlockable that wasen't put in due to timing constraints like 2004. This game was created in an even smaller timeframe so that seems likely considering they created a game thats so much better it makes 2004 look like a game that was released on an atari.

and, just another thing - completely off topic. if you were going to get another commentator to do original commentary for 2005, would you use the same old lines from 2004? it seems good enough for EA. only the guy from NZ was offering anything original in the commentary box.
Have you got EVERY trophy on hard? bronze, silver and gold World League - cos easy error to miss one....trick to it.

I am one game away from silver cup and then all hard level trophies and banners.....this has to unlock things or s'thing else NOT easy trophies...no developer would or even could be moronic enough to make good gamers play a level that is totally and utterly beneath them....hell! Normal is.

It can only be hard......or else AW's life is over.

This is quite the mystery. Really surprised EA have kept it a secret this long. It would be great to be able to have a Tsunami type all star match.

I find unlockables to really add to a game as they give you something to shoot for and a reason to try all the different aspects of the game.

C'mon Los... dyin to hear if you git r done!

Damn exams get in the way of important things like rugby unlockables
<

is the only trophy in world league the knockout cup?

or is there one for winning 1st division?

Sorry if this question has already been asked in this thread, but does anybody know of any gameshark codes to unlock the hidden teams for PS2? Any information would be appreciated.
<